Goodreads Feedback discussion

Bugs > Can't Download ebook

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by vicki_girl (last edited Sep 03, 2009 10:18AM) (new)

vicki_girl | 196 comments When I try to download an ebook, the drop-down menu to select file type goes over the "popular shelves" bar, and it won't let me click on the file. I only have this problem in IE7. It seems to be working fine in Firefox. Picture here.

message 2: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (WickedEnchantment) | 672 comments Hmm ya that is strange.. it works for me in IE7 as well as Firefox.

message 3: by Vitali (last edited Sep 26, 2009 03:27AM) (new)

Vitali Rabinovich (vitalinew) | 9 comments I uploaded the e-book On the Use of Philosophy: Three Essays
and wanted to be sure that the book is downloadable. I have the same problem as vicki_girl - the drop-down menu goes in the way.

message 4: by Cheryl (last edited Sep 26, 2009 08:42AM) (new)

Cheryl | 7 comments I have had that problem as well. I think I just ended up downloading from a different site. I was able to download the one that vicki_girl shows in the screenshot. You just have to be very precise where you point your mouse.

message 5: by Vitali (last edited Sep 26, 2009 11:46PM) (new)

Vitali Rabinovich (vitalinew) | 9 comments You just have to be very precise where you point your mouse.

Thank you, Cheryl, I tried to download the book again and it worked.

message 6: by vicki_girl (new)

vicki_girl | 196 comments It seems to be fixed now. Yea!

message 7: by vicki_girl (last edited Jul 26, 2010 09:37AM) (new)

vicki_girl | 196 comments This problem has recurred for me. I am using IE8 if that makes a difference.

ETA: Correction, this is occuring in IE7

message 8: by Diane (new)

Diane (DianeNYC) | 11 comments vicki_girl wrote: "When I try to download an ebook, the drop-down menu to select file type goes over the "popular shelves" bar, and it won't let me click on the file..."

I had this same issue today when trying to download a PDF file using using IE7.

unread topics | mark unread