Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads discussion

Series Discussions (Spoilers) > Riley Jensen series

Comments (showing 1-16 of 16) (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jackie (last edited Sep 26, 2009 08:17PM) (new)

Jackie (Literary Escapism) (LiteraryEscapism) Keri Arthur
Keri Arthur

I’m a born and bred Melbourne (Australia) gal, and grew up sharing my life with dragons, elves, vampires, werewolves, shapeshifters and the occasional talking horse. Which worried my family to no end. Of course, now that I’m actually make a living sharing my life with the abovementioned creatures, they no longer contemplate calling the men with the little white coat. When not at my keyboard, I can be found at the gym, sitting front of the TV, or taking my two dogs for a walk.

Blog: http://www.keriarthur.com/wpblog

Riley Jensen series in order:
Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian Series, # 1) by Keri Arthur Kissing Sin (Riley Jenson Guardian Series, # 2) by Keri Arthur Dangerous Games (Riley Jenson Guardian Series, # 4) by Keri Arthur Tempting Evil (Riley Jenson Guardian Series, # 3) by Keri Arthur Embraced By Darkness (Riley Jenson Guardian Series, # 5) by Keri Arthur [image error] Deadly Desire (Riley Jenson Guardian, # 7) by Keri Arthur

Series Overview:
Bio coming soon once her website is back up and running

Jackie (Literary Escapism) (LiteraryEscapism) I love this series! It's one of my auto-buys and it's such a great twist on the werewolf myth. Granted there are appearances but all sorts of supernaturals, but the dynamic that is Riley is so unique and twisted that it works. I'll be sad when this series ends next year.

message 3: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

♥Tricia♥ (WickedEnchantment) | 1167 comments Mod
Oh this series sounds so good, I havent started it yet but I have been meaning to! lol

message 4: by Jackie (last edited Sep 09, 2009 10:27AM) (new)

Jackie (Literary Escapism) (LiteraryEscapism) I love Riley. She has some great men in her life. Especially her brother Rhoan and his lover Lysander.

Jessi  (JessiM) I loved these books! Each one keeps you on the edge of your seat dying to find out the outcome.

Jamie (Alphas Authors Books Oh My) (Jamie_Birdwell) I love these book!! At first I was a little thrown off by the way she just jumps into bed with anyone but I got over that once I got deeper into the stories. Now I don't think the stories would work if that aspect wasn't apart of them. These have quickly became one of my favorite series!!

Christie (cibarra) I just read the first book in this series for free using the Kindle app on my iPhone. I'm hooked :) I have the second book on it's way from PBS. I can't wait to read it!

Tiffany Danner (kindlevixen) | 12 comments Love this series! :) total fluff but worth it!

Jackie (Literary Escapism) (LiteraryEscapism) What do you mean total fluff?

Tiffany Danner (kindlevixen) | 12 comments For me, I don't see the plots and subplots as strong as say Jeaniene Frost or Vicki Pettersson or Kim Harrison. Its enjoyable, I love the books and I always read them right away, but I don't feel my heart is ripped out or my mind is reeling with possibilities when I finish the book. I don't think that Keri Arthur is as diabolically evil as some other authors If that makes sense LOL

Jackie (Literary Escapism) (LiteraryEscapism) I see, but you consider Vicki Pettersson's Zodiac series nonfluff? Interesting. To me, Arthur's novels are a lot better in the plot department than the Zodiac series. Especially in the character development.

Tiffany Danner (kindlevixen) | 12 comments yeah, Vicki Pettersson's books, especially the last 2, have been some of my favorites. The last one was probably her best yet IMO. Riley books don't leave me thinking and relating things to my own experiences. Interesting how we all see things so differently :)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 65 comments Pettersson's world is much darker, without hope, whereas Arthur's are more livable, enjoyable, IMHO. Riley works her ass off fighting evil, but then she's shimmeyin' on the dance floor with a hunky were (or vamp). Its not "fluff" to me, its just the author's worldbuilding.

Jackie (Literary Escapism) (LiteraryEscapism) Oh yeah, I totally find Riley's world to be amazing. I wouldn't mind my own werewolf lover. :P

AmandaG (AmandaG3) | 73 comments Just about to start this series next month. Haven't heard too much about it, but decided to read it for one of the challenges! I'm glad I'm catching this at the tail end of it, instead of the beginning of the series being written. Waiting for books is a killer sometimes!

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 65 comments Hope you love them, Amanda! I am currently one of those who is waiting on pins and needles for my next Riley fix...

Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Kissing Sin (other topics)
Deadly Desire (other topics)
Dangerous Games (other topics)
Full Moon Rising (other topics)
Tempting Evil (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Keri Arthur (other topics)