Chicks On Lit discussion

What did you just finish

Comments (showing 351-400 of 8,394) (8394 new)    post a comment »

message 351: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (wildcherry) I just finished Evermore and that it was a great book. The storyline was great, characters were great, the ending was great. Do you get the sense I thought it was great?! Anyway, if you like the fantasy type books it's a quick read. No Vampires involved!

message 352: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (Titch) | 726 comments Listened to Alex Cross's Trial - James Patterson last night.

message 353: by Diana (new)

Diana (DianaB) Just read "The Hunger Games" Suzanne Collins. Loved it- could read it again!

message 354: by Jo (new)

Jo Diana wrote: "Just read "The Hunger Games" Suzanne Collins. Loved it- could read it again!"

I felt the same way about that book :)

message 355: by Karla (new)

Karla (bookarita) | 82 comments Diana wrote: "Just read "The Hunger Games" Suzanne Collins. Loved it- could read it again!"

I think we should all read it again befor the next book after Chatching Fire comes out! You'll like that one too, very surprizing don't read any of the disscussions on it till you read it for spoilers they are everywhere :P

message 356: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (Wldinnis) | 350 comments I just finished An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon. This is the latest Outlander book. It was long and took me forever to read but I enjoyed it so much!

message 357: by Lianne (new)

Lianne (eclecticreading) | 365 comments I finished reading Daniel Silva's The English Assassin, which was really good. And since this is the second installment to the series, I'm glad to see that the humourous lines are really starting to creep in (which I enjoyed in Moscow Rules) =)

message 358: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (Wldinnis) | 350 comments It was about the Revolutionary War. I still thought it was interesting though.

message 359: by Sharon A. (new)

Sharon A. (sharona826) | 170 comments Brenda wrote: "I just finished Irreplaceable. Enjoyable!"

I really liked this book as well, Brenda.

message 360: by Vicki (new)

Vicki Brenda wrote: "Sharon A. wrote: "Brenda wrote: "I just finished Irreplaceable. Enjoyable!"

I really liked this book as well, Brenda. "

It really was thought provoking."

Oh! I saw your review. I really think I need to pick this book up soon!

message 361: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (Wldinnis) | 350 comments I finished Eleven on Top by Janet Evanovich last night. This was my 100th book read this year!

message 362: by Beth (new)

message 363: by Lianne (new)

Lianne (eclecticreading) | 365 comments I finished reading Victoria Hislop's The Return earlier (when I should have been doing my course readings---oops xD). It was an interesting read, especially the parts about local experience during the Spanish Civil War.

message 364: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 1774 comments Wendy wrote: "I finished Eleven on Top by Janet Evanovich last night. This was my 100th book read this year!"

Congratulations Wendy on hitting 100!!

message 365: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (Wldinnis) | 350 comments Thank you Cindy!

message 366: by Jo (new)

Jo I finished Frostbite by David Wellington

message 367: by Vikki (new)

Vikki | 304 comments Beth wrote: "The Girl Who Played with Fire, 4 stars, and The Man in the Picture, also 4 stars."

I loved The Girl Who Played with Fire! I'm waiting patiently for the third book.

message 368: by Vikki (new)

Vikki | 304 comments I finished Sleepwalking In Daylight and The Historian. Sleepwalking in Daylight was very depressing and made me angry but I enjoyed reading it.

The Historian was well written but not really my thing.

message 369: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (KathrynH) I finished yesterday Heart in the Right Place A Memoir by Carolyn Jourdan. It had some interesting eccentric characters.

message 370: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 1774 comments This one sounds good Kathryn! I added it to my (never-ending) TBR list!

message 371: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (KathrynH) Irreplaceable. It's now on my to-read list.

message 372: by Jennifer W (new)

Jennifer W | 1602 comments I finished The Historian. I really liked it. I'm glad it was picked as a group read because I probably wouldn't have picked it up otherwise. I'm picking up People of the Book next.

message 373: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin (ktippie) | 28 comments Kathryn wrote: "Irreplaceable. It's now on my to-read list."

Wow, this does sound like a great book. It's also on my neverending TBR list. Thank you for mentioning it.

message 374: by Chris (new)

Chris (ChrisTMax) | 218 comments Once - Morris Gleitzman
Sad and thought provoking - in a similar vein to The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas

message 375: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (jslehman) Just finished The White Queen A Novel. I loved this book!! In fact, it was the best book I've read recently. I am a huge fan of historical fiction, especially when it is based on actual historical events, and this book was right up my alley. I can't wait for the next book in this series!

message 376: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (Wldinnis) | 350 comments I felt the same way Sarah. I am a big fan of her writing!

message 377: by Mary (new)

Mary (madamefifi) | 202 comments Just finished The Owl Killers--4 stars.

message 378: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (bookme) | 20 comments I just finished That Old Cape Magic by Richard Russo. I really enjoyed it and would give it 4 stars. Funny and touching too.

message 379: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 1774 comments I have been wanting to read that one! Glad to hear you liked it!!

message 380: by Nadia (new)

Nadia (bagambo) Just finished The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult.

message 381: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (Titch) | 726 comments Just finished I, Alex Cross - James Patterson.

message 382: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 1774 comments Just finished The Fixer Upper A Novel. It was good, light reading!

message 383: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (Wldinnis) | 350 comments I just finished Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich.

message 384: by Amanda Noel (new)

Amanda Noel (amandanoel) | 18 comments I just finished American on Purpose by Craig Ferguson...it was great...funny and moving...I love watching him on The Late Late Show every night even more now.

message 385: by Vikki (new)

Vikki | 304 comments Wendy wrote: "I just finished Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich."

I just started Fearless Fourteen!

message 386: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (Wldinnis) | 350 comments Vikki wrote: "Wendy wrote: "I just finished Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich."

I just started Fearless Fourteen!"

I just picked that up from the library!

message 387: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin (ktippie) | 28 comments I just finished Her Fearful Symmetry and loved it. The love story, the ghost story, all of it!

message 388: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin (ktippie) | 28 comments I liked the interraction between Valentina and Robert and Elspeths desire to be with Robert.

message 389: by Jo (new)

Jo I just finished The Great Gatsby

message 390: by Jo (new)

Jo I finished Shiver . It took a little while to get into but then i loved it!

message 391: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (SarahSaysRead) I just finished An Echo in the Bone. I love the Outlander series dearly, but this one was frustrating and ended on huge cliffhangers. And there's at least a good 3-5 years for the next book...

message 392: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (jslehman) Kirstin wrote: "I just finished Her Fearful Symmetry and loved it. The love story, the ghost story, all of it!"

I have this on my TBR list. Can't wait to read it, especially when I hear how much others have enjoyed it!

message 393: by Susan (new)

Susan I just finished The Woman in Black A Ghost Story by Susan Hill. It was okay. I think I gave it a 3......wasn't a very scary book to me. Yeah it was about a ghost, but not a scary one that freaked me out or kept me up at night!

message 394: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Just finished "Only Milo." So funny and completely unique!

message 395: by Sharon A. (new)

Sharon A. (sharona826) | 170 comments I just finished The Shadow of the Wind, which is a November chick book. I absolutely cannot wait for the discussion.

I was riveted, and would have given it 10 stars if I could've.

message 396: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (Wldinnis) | 350 comments I just finished Plum Lucky which was one of the best between the numbers books. It was far more classic Stephanie Plum and very enjoyable.

message 397: by Gayle (new)

Gayle (gayle_h) | 38 comments I just finished The Book Thief -- a book on this group's discussion list a while ago. Incredible book from Death's perspective. Zusak did an amazing job of portraying emotions.

message 398: by Nadia (new)

Nadia (bagambo) Just finished The Lace Reader.

message 399: by Gayle (new)

Gayle (gayle_h) | 38 comments Has anyone read March by Geraldine Brooks? I recently read her "Year of Wonders" and loved it.

message 400: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin (ktippie) | 28 comments I just finished Home Safe by Elizabeth Berg and, I have to say, what a great book. On page 229, the way she describes the love of reading was so eloquently described, I just had to stop and reread it. This book has a story of a woman that I was so easily able to feel for and relate to. Great, great book!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane (other topics)
Those Who Save Us (other topics)
The Story Sisters (other topics)
Perfection: A Memoir of Betrayal and Renewal (other topics)
Shadow of the Sword: A Marine's Journey of War, Heroism, and Redemption (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Nicole Krauss (other topics)
Sarah Dessen (other topics)
David Almond (other topics)
Julia Glass (other topics)
Nicholas Sparks (other topics)
More...