YA Book Council discussion

Unofficial Selections > Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Comments (showing 1-3 of 3) (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alethea (last edited Aug 21, 2009 10:56AM) (new)

Alethea A (frootjoos) | 246 comments Mod
Ok, I'm calling a vote (looks over at Jane), I'd really like Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater to be our next unofficial selection. I already know you're going to read Sea Glass, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, Catching Fire, and Fire. So I'd like to introduce you to a new, multi-talented (artist, writer, and musician), awesome author.

Shiver was so good, I'm about to buy a 2nd copy as a loaner.

My favorite trailer of hers, which I think of as "The Good Papercut" and she calls "Still Wolf Watching":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX82gg...

Here's a trailer for her new book, Ballad, coming Oct. 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ooq9io...

Vote here now!

Mostly, I can't wait for my turn (when is it again?) to pick a new book, so I'm picking it now, because you need to read it! Now! (or, you know, soon.)

(oh, so impatient...)

message 2: by Jane (new)

Jane (janeg) | 248 comments Mod
She is good isn't she? Do you like Lament The Faerie Queen's Deception?

You can choose whatever you want as an Unofficial. I've been so bad about keeping up with Goodreads anyways. Oh darn! I forgot to email Maria those t-shirt designs! Do you think she still wants it?

Whoops! Back to Shiver... Yes AWESOME book! Probably the best werewolf story I've read.

Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy) (alybee930) | 17 comments I loved Shiver...fabulous book...I couldn't put it down..Stiefvater's writing is so beautiful, almost lyrical. I have recommended it to so many people and like the idea of buying another copy to loan out. I just started reading "Lament The Faerie Queen's Deception" and am enjoying it as well.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (other topics)
Sea Glass (other topics)
Fire (other topics)
Shiver (other topics)
Ballad: A Gathering of Faerie (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Maggie Stiefvater (other topics)