Banned Books discussion

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruby (last edited Nov 30, 2011 01:29PM) (new)

Ruby Emam (goodreadscomruby_emam) The Little Black Fish
An intriguing story for children, this book has countless political messages for adult readers, progressives and intellectuals and shows a path to freedom and justice. The author Samad Beh-Rang (Behrangi) is from Azerbaijan, Iran; who was an educator and wrote many books and articles on pedagogy. He believed in fundamental changes to the existing system to build a better future for everyone. He lost his life because of his idealogy.

The Little Black Fish is also the biography of a freedom fighter known all over the world...

Christa (is on top of the world!) (ObsesedWBooks) | 6 comments hi Ruby, thanks for the invitation!

message 3: by Kelly H. (Maybedog), Big Kahuna, Ministry of Illicit Reading (new)

Kelly H. (Maybedog) (Maybedog) | 622 comments Mod
Thanks for the recommendation Ruby, I'm really interested in Iran right now. I found Persepolis incredibly eye-opening.

Christa (is on top of the world!) (ObsesedWBooks) | 6 comments Hmm... I've allways been interested in Japan or China. Did you know that one of the two countrys banned any movies, or comics, about Spiderman because some kids were trying to climb a brick wall and got hurt?

message 5: by Jerry (new)

Jerry (Wildone) | 6 comments Ruby wrote: "The Little Black Fish
An intriguing story for children, this book has countless political messages for adult readers as well as intellectuals and shows a path to freedom. The author..."

How easy would it be to get this book from down here in Mexico? And is it really worth the investment?Books cost me more down here than if I were there in the heart of the beast.

message 6: by Christa (is on top of the world!) (last edited Aug 21, 2009 05:52PM) (new)

Christa (is on top of the world!) (ObsesedWBooks) | 6 comments Geezz Lucky! I get all my books from goodwill...

message 7: by Jerry (new)

Jerry (Wildone) | 6 comments Christa wrote: "Geezz Lucky! I get all my books from goodwill..."
At least they're cheap at Goodwill-but I still have the question-how easy will it be to get the book?Is it a big seller?Obviously not too new since it's in Goodwill-Actually as I write this I'm thinking check Amazon or Powel's-I'm not rich-my one big personal indulgence is books-My other indulgence is my 22 year old downs son-

message 8: by Ruby (new)

Ruby Emam (goodreadscomruby_emam) I appreciate your interest in The Little Black Fish. The book is available through online retailers such as Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Powell's, Tower. This translation is fairly new but the book has been translated into several languages and has won a few international prizes.

Christa (is on top of the world!) (ObsesedWBooks) | 6 comments Yeah I don't actualy own the book yet, but when I get some money back from the time I spent at vacation I'll look at buying it.

message 10: by Jerry (new)

Jerry (Wildone) | 6 comments Ruby wrote: "I appreciate your interest in The Little Black Fish. The book is available through online retailers such as Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Powell's, Tower. This translation is fairly new but the book ha..."
I have problems ordering books on line.I think because my accounts are in pesos here in Mexico.But there's a bookstore in Ajijic , Jalisco who take care of that for me-book search and all.So I'm going to order The Little Black Fish and The Time Traveler's Wife along with some others for my next trip onto Ajijic(I live in Ciudad Guzman,Jalisco.Thanks for the tip.

message 11: by Jerry (new)

Jerry (Wildone) | 6 comments Jerry wrote: "Ruby wrote: "I appreciate your interest in The Little Black Fish. The book is available through online retailers such as Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Powell's, Tower. This translation is fairly new bu..."
PS-I'm a very political person and that book seems like my kind of book and entertaining too.

message 12: by Jerry (new)

Jerry (Wildone) | 6 comments Jerry wrote: "Ruby wrote: "I appreciate your interest in The Little Black Fish. The book is available through online retailers such as Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Powell's, Tower. This translation is fairly new bu..."
PS-I'm a very political person and that book seems like my kind of book and entertaining too.

message 13: by Jerry (new)

Jerry (Wildone) | 6 comments Jerry wrote: "Jerry wrote: "Ruby wrote: "I appreciate your interest in The Little Black Fish. The book is available through online retailers such as Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Powell's, Tower. This translation is..."
Double ps--goodreads has become a goldmine for me for sniffing out the kind of books I want to read-

message 14: by Ruby (new)

Ruby Emam (goodreadscomruby_emam) Persepolis is a great book, many families went through that ordeal after the Islamic regime took over and stopped (or I would rather say "postponed")our revolution which was aimed for justice, equality and freedom.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Little Black Fish (other topics)