Fantasy Book Club discussion

General fantasy discussions > Up all night...

Comments (showing 51-60 of 60) (60 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jamie (JamieCostello) | 15 comments As a busy mother of 8, I can rarely stay up all night reading anymore. There are times, however when I have to take a whole day off and read...on those days the house is a disaster, we order pizza, but I get my mini vacation and I'm a much happier person the next day.

Jeffrey | 46 comments A normal day for me is to read a book late at night. I just finished Changes by Butcher at 2:30 am. There just gets to a point in any book, where you have to say, I am not stopping reading this.

Lauren (lrc123) | 2 comments I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning reading Gone With The Wind. One of my all time favorites. And also Lover Mine by J.R. Ward.

Sandra  (Sleo) | 2228 comments What a fun thread to read! And I got some new books in my TR list. I'm currently reading The Ships of Merior and am delighted it's Friday night which means I can stay up as late as I want. When I was a kid, I got in trouble all the time with the flashlight under the covers reading, my mother scolding that I was going to ruin my eyes.

I rarely get sleepy reading. I get sleepy watching TV or playing solitaire (an addiction) on the computer, but reading I can do 'til my eyeballs fall out of my sockets.

I'm fortunate in that my occupation allows time for reading in between work, and I get an amazing amount of reading done in short spurts. It does keep me from getting absorbed the way I love when I'm reading a truly great book, like right now. Today I was at a boring seminar and had to fight myself to keep from sneaking my book into my lap! Actually the seminar was only boring because it was stuff most people get in graduate school and I knew it already. Sigh. Reading time, anyone?

new_user LOL! Same here, Sandra! I used to stay up late reading, and I still do. Some books I stay up until morning reading, and I get sleepy watching TV but never reading. I'm considering sneaking a book to a BBQ I know will be boring Sunday, LOL.

Btw, loved Lions of Al-Rassan. (You have to put that on your list, Sandra.) I stayed up late reading some of Melanie Rawn's books too.

Sandra  (Sleo) | 2228 comments Oh crummy buttons! I've got three or four Guy Kay books on my TBR list already, but I added Lions. Glad you're here NU.

new_user LOL! I'm here to frustrate. ;)

Sandra  (Sleo) | 2228 comments You're cute. :D

Janny (JannyWurts) | 740 comments Sandra wrote: "Oh crummy buttons! I've got three or four Guy Kay books on my TBR list already, but I added Lions. Glad you're here NU."

Sandra - I have to say I love all of Kay's work, and Lions of Al Rassan was my very favorite of all his work so far. I have Under Heaven on my TBR, but it is on the 'locked out' pile until the current deadline is turned in. (soon!)

Have fun staying up all night!

Sandra  (Sleo) | 2228 comments I hate to say I caved last night. Went to bed around 1AM. Too pooped after a long week. But tonight's another night! Hope to finish Ships.

I got a sample of Lions on my Nook. (This is how I remind myself of books I want to read - if it's available in ebook, I download a sample, then it's simple to buy it when I'm ready to read. Also takes up less space than a stack of books, lol.

« previous 1 2 next »

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Time Traveler's Wife (other topics)
The Hero of Ages (other topics)
The Lions of Al-Rassan (other topics)
Stormed Fortress (other topics)
Chronicles of the Black Company (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

R.A. Salvatore (other topics)
Janny Wurts (other topics)