Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > 2 separate books merged but in edit page look separate?

Comments (showing 1-3 of 3) (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 2365 comments Double Homocide by Jonathan and Faye Kellerman and Silent Partner by Jonathan Kellerman are separate books.

If click on all editions to see of Silent Partner, it looks as though they are merged. (And they are merged - these two are my remaining problem with duplicates that aren't actually duplicates.)

But, if go to the edit page, these two books looks as though they are not merged with each other, so there is no way I can see to separate them.

Anybody know what might be going on here?

Thanks for any help. (I've gone back to these pages several times in the recent past, but I don't know what to do to solve the mistake.)

John (jfcannon) | 30 comments Hi Lisa,

I think the problem is the way the authors are listed. Silent Partner is written only by Jonathan Kellerman, so there isn't any problem there. But with Double Homicide, the authors are listed on some editions as Jonathan first and Faye second, others with Faye first and Jonathan second, and others as Jonathan & Faye Kellerman.

I found one that had Faye listed first and Jonathan second. I edited the authors to put Jonathan first and then that edition of Double Homicide showed up with Silent Partners in the edit editions page and I was able to separate it and then combine it with the other Double Homicide editions.

So you need to fix the way the authors are listed and then you can take care of the "combined editions" problem.

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 2365 comments John, I can't thank you enough. I've been puzzled and trying to fix things for weeks. What you did solved my last duplicates problem: I now have zero duplicates. Between the information you and Rivka have provided, I hope I can help Goodreads/other Goodreads users in the future. I really appreciate your edits and your post in this thread. Thanks so much!

unread topics | mark unread