Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Favorite hot scene or sexiest thing a character has done in your Book? (May Contain Spoilers)

Comments (showing 1-50 of 662) (662 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Desiree (last edited Aug 16, 2009 12:32PM) (new)

Desiree | 46 comments A similar post was done on another site and it was fun to get the answers. We've all had those moments when your character has done something completely charming to make you go 'awe' or a hot scene that leaves you thinking 'yowza!' So do share... =)

----------------
~My favorite scene falls into both categories... In "Halfway to the Grave" *(lil' Spoiler)* I was in complete awe when Bones surprised Cat with a night off and he turned out to be her target/date for the night. He obviously listened when she opened up, so I thought it was kinda sweet.

~Their scene on the dance floor...Omg..hot... need I say more? :)

Tina | 130 comments I completely agree with you. The dance floor scene was so hot.

Some of my favorite steamy scenes come from Stray by Rachel Vincent.
1. Jace tackles Faythe in her bedroom. Right before they are planning to race.
2. Marc and Faythe on the stairs, drunk. The passion leaps off the pages! HOT!

Debbs | 11 comments It's very hard to choose but I really like the scenes in Immortals after dark series from kresley cole.

Carla (Carla981) | 62 comments I just read the Anita/Micah shower scene in Narcissus in Chains...I still adore the scene in Kiss of Shadows with Frost grinding Merry into the bathroom tiles, but Micah is growing on me quickly(I generally do not favor were's.) and that scene was beyond hot!

Debbs | 11 comments From Anita Blake I really liked the first encounter with Jean-Claude

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1591 comments Every scene with Dorian in Mead's Dark Swan series. Although her first tryst with Kiyo was pretty smoking, EVERY experience with Dorian just blows my mind. And there are some things he does in Thorn Queen that make him a true gentleman besides.

Bones laying claim to Cat in the truck. Is that the third book? Oh, what jealousy can do to a man.

Eric and Sookie from the shower to the bed. Love his fixation on eye contact.

Cassie and Mircea at the end of Embrace the Night. Very very intense.

The Hidden Room scene in Curse the Dawn. Just so...grrr.

Dory and LC in Midnight's Daughter. Him in a towel and her feeling the effects of the fey wine. Whoa. What dreams are made of.

Whew. Is it getting hot up in here?

message 7: by Mel (last edited Aug 17, 2009 08:59AM) (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 1188 comments I'm fanning myself!

I have to second you for the Karen Chance scenes. My number one is Louis-Cesare and Dory. For the ones who haven't read Midnight's Daughter(booo you!): while he's busy pleasuring her, she gets to experience his thoughts and feelings (due to the Fey wine). He talks sexy but he thinks even sexier! And he knows his way around a woman's body...Woohoo.

The HDR-scene in Curse the Dawn, was fantastic. Considering that quite some clothes were kept on it was hot hot hot. As is everything involving Pritkin.

Mircea and Cassie at the end of Embrace the Night was hot indeed. As was the shower scene in the beginning of the book (or was that Claimed by Shadow?).

I loved the Cat and Bones date too. Especially when he said beforehand she could wear her panties as her date-to-be would be smitten with her at sight...
I also loved how, at the end of the book, he just stood in front of the FBI-van and waited for it to crash him just to get her out of the car...

Another 'ah how sweet' moment was in Hunting Ground, between Anna and Charles. Anna has difficulty getting intimate with Charles because of her traumatic past so she sometimes has her wolf side come out and start things. And though the wolf is more than happy to get down and kinky, Charles is just so sweet and gentle and patient, calming the wolf down for Anna's human side to come out.

message 8: by Desiree (last edited Aug 17, 2009 05:10PM) (new)

Desiree | 46 comments Mel,
I loved when Bones appeared standing in front of the speeding FBI van, ready to save her...Right when I read it, it was one of those moments where you are quietly reading then a scene like that pops up, making you get up and do a little dance or as I did, make a lil' applaud outloud to realize hubby is staring at me wide eyed...I tried to explain but he just didn't get it =)

♥Tricia♥ (WickedEnchantment) | 146 comments The hottest sex scene I have ever read was after Cat got real jealous and they went upstairs and Bones told her that he would make her moan and scream so loud that there would be no doubt in anyones mind how they felt about one another.

The details of THAT encounter were HOT!.. All the places he bit her.. that was just woooo so hot.

Tina | 130 comments Tricia, which book is that in? I've only read the first one so far.

♥Tricia♥ (WickedEnchantment) | 146 comments I think.. it was either the second or third lol...

Thats what I get for reading them too fast.

I can probably look it up for you if you want. Might take me a bit.

Cindyg (BrotherLover) | 80 comments Lora Leigh's Breeds Series...I just finished a Bengal's Heart, I've read all 17 or so in this series and all have hot, hot, intense love scenes.
Kate Douglas's Wolf Tales Series...Smoking love scenes in of the books. Over the top.
Joey W. Hill's Vampire Series...over the top hot, just finished Beloved Vampire and have to say all four books in this series are rocking.
J.R Ward's BDB, my fav is "Z" and her book titled The Story of Son...I fell in love with Micheal.
I love the intensity in all of these books, I go to bed thinking about the characters and wake up thinking about them. Definitely a sign of a great read. There are many more maybe I add more another time.

Mel (mel_b) | 1188 comments Desiree wrote: "Mel,I loved when Bones appeared standing in front of the speeding FBI van, ready to save her...Right when I read it, it was one of those moments where you are quietly reading then a scene like th..."

Desiree all the explaining in the world wouldn't help him understand... But I totally get you, LOL.

♥Tricia♥ (WickedEnchantment) | 146 comments
Night Huntress Books (in order):

Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene Frost Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) by Jeaniene Frost

By Jeaniene Frost
Jeaniene Frost

Very good series (UF)

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (IBookieNookie) My Favorite hot scene in a book has to be from Dark Lover with Wrath and Beth. Lord have mercy. It starts off with a big, scary tough guy--Wrath--having to watch over his BFF's daughter (no one knew she exsisted). Since he is a vampire, he has a very keene sense of smell and apparently her smell is super delicious to him b/c he can't resist the temptation to sneak into her home and seduce her. The book pretty much starts off right away with a lot of sexual tension and the series continues along the same line. Pretty steamy--the steamiest I have every read anyway...

Ann aka Iftcan (Iftcan) | 2379 comments Mod
A totally good series. If you like Dhampir (which is what Cat is) then the series The Noble Dead by Barb and J. C. Hendee (first book is called Dhampir) is also really good. It has the Dhampir, a half elf, LOTS of vamps, wizards, witches and all kinds of other things that go bump in the night. A series that I have enjoyed immensely.

Tina | 130 comments Cherra wrote: "My Favorite hot scene in a book has to be from Dark Lover with Wrath and Beth. Lord have mercy. It starts off with a big, scary tough guy--Wrath--having to watch over his BFF's daugh..."

I forgot all about that scene! That was a good one.

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 707 comments ♥Tricia♥ wrote: "
Night Huntress Books (in order):

Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene FrostOne Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene FrostAt Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene FrostDestined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) by Jeaniene Frost..."

Thank you!!!

Stephanie | 30 comments Ahh, Night Huntress, probably my favorite paranormal romance series for many reasons, one of which is all the steamy scenes! I agree with someone else, the scence when they go upstairs to put an end to Cat's jealousy! When he went to the bathroom and came back with the lube - didn't see that coming, but it was awesome!

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (IBookieNookie) Stephanie wrote: "Ahh, Night Huntress, probably my favorite paranormal romance series for many reasons, one of which is all the steamy scenes! I agree with someone else, the scence when they go upstairs to put an en..."

Stephanie--have you read the Blackdagger Brotherhood Series? If you have, how does Night Huntress compare steamy-wise with that series? I am curious because I just started the Merry Gentry Series by Laurell Hamilon and everyone was complaining about it having too much sex..."like every 20 pages" in the first one at least there were only 2 sex scenes in the whole book (a lot of sexual tension but no sex) and they were not at all over the top. Not that I am a perv, but I was beginning to think that my idea of steamy was way more on the erotic side than everyone else's idea.

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1591 comments Just wait, Cherra, when it comes to the Merry Gentry series. WAY more sex to come.

But although there's a lot of sex in the series as a whole, I don't find any of it all that erotic, so I still understand what you mean.

new_user | 1383 comments Cherra, I don't think there's any in the first book of the Night Huntress series. I think it starts in the second book. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Lauren | 205 comments I still love V and Jane in the bathroom. OMG totally love it. Makes me think of the bathroom in a whole new light!

Larissa Ione has good stuff too.

Mel (mel_b) | 1188 comments new_user wrote: "Cherra, I don't think there's any in the first book of the Night Huntress series. I think it starts in the second book. Someone correct me if I'm wrong."

I recall at least 2 steamy sex scenes in Night Hunter #1.

new_user | 1383 comments LOL. There you go.

Mel (mel_b) | 1188 comments Well I only read the first book, so for me it's easy to remember :) I just started on the second one today.

message 27: by Desiree (last edited Aug 18, 2009 02:34PM) (new)

Desiree | 46 comments Speaking of BDB...I thought I really liked Wrath's story, then Rhage came along...yummy! But now here I am reading Z's story and although no real steaminess has taken place yet, I am eagerly awaiting every turn of the page and the anticipation is killing me! :)

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (IBookieNookie) Desiree wrote: "Speaking of BDB...I thought I really liked Wrath's story, then Rhage came along...yummy! But now here I am reading Z's story and although no real steaminess has taken place yet, I am eagerly awaiti..."

Desiree--how far into Z's book are you? It gets better once he (like all the brothers) gets over himself. I can't wait for you to get to the "steam" either--trust me, it is worth the wait. You know, because he is the one who is always on edge--he is dangerous and secretive. Lordy--I want to re-read them all just for the deliciously descriptive sex scenes :-) Funny thing is, I havent read many books with a lot of descriptive love scenes in them--who knew what I was missing?

I loved all the books--but Phury's book Lover Enshrined was the least "steamy" of all the books and my least favorite his story kinda crept along for me--but you still have to read it because you learn info that you wouldnt otherwise know.

new_user | 1383 comments You come across quite a few after you've read PNR long enough, LOL.

Stephanie | 30 comments new_user wrote: "Cherra, I don't think there's any in the first book of the Night Huntress series. I think it starts in the second book. Someone correct me if I'm wrong."

No, there is sex in the first one for sure and lots of romantic build up :) There is sex in all of them and actually its the 4th that has the least. It's not every 20 pages or anything, but like I said there is good build up in my opinion.

Stephanie | 30 comments Cherra wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Ahh, Night Huntress, probably my favorite paranormal romance series for many reasons, one of which is all the steamy scenes! I agree with someone else, the scence when they go ups..."

Ya I've read a few of the Blackdagger series. I don't know, some people may get mad at me saying this, but they just kinda bugged because they are like sort of the same plot. Her thinking, oh I'm not good enough for him, he doesn't want me, then him thinking he's not good enough for her or whatever and a bunch of whining over and over before they finally decide they are good enough for each other at the end. I haven't read them all, just like 3 though so there may be some better ones. But ya, the sex is comparable, but I think both are good. I just like this series better because there is more dialoge and I love how Bones flirts with her and there is a lot of heat between them. I've read some romances, not paranormal, that are like sex every few pages and to me they're not as good because it's just not believable, like I want the build up and the flirting and stuff to make me really believe the heat between them. I guess I just need more than graphic sex talk to be "steamy", I want to believe it too, if that makes sense? I actually just barely started reading the first Merry Gentry one, so we'll see how that is :)

Desiree | 46 comments Cherra wrote: "Desiree wrote: "Speaking of BDB...I thought I really liked Wrath's story, then Rhage came along...yummy! But now here I am reading Z's story and although no real steaminess has taken place yet, I a..."

Phury doesnt seem like he'd have much steaminess going on, being so devoted to his celibacy but I am still looking forward to his book and to see who the heck he's gonna be with and how he plays out in the rest of Z's book. And Z being so "ruined" and dark, getting over himself and his past is quite a ride!

I think Im on page 170 or so... Bella and him just had their first semi- intimate moment and of course it didnt last long so im flippin' through pages like crazy.
Aside from the greatness of these books, I'll admit, I hate reading the lessers part and have skimmed through it 99% of the time (unless truly important) they are just a bore :/

Stephanie | 30 comments Desiree wrote: "Cherra wrote: "Desiree wrote: "Speaking of BDB...I thought I really liked Wrath's story, then Rhage came along...yummy! But now here I am reading Z's story and although no real steaminess has taken..."

LOL yes I read Z's story and I remember flipping the pages too just to make sure he and Bella finally did the deed! Wait until she gets into her needing!

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (IBookieNookie) Stephanie wrote: "Cherra wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Ahh, Night Huntress, probably my favorite paranormal romance series for many reasons, one of which is all the steamy scenes! I agree with someone else, the scence w..."

Stephanie--I know what you mean about the BDB books having the same plot. Loved the first few and then got a little bored with them, but then they started to change the story line some in the 4th through the end and incorporated more than just the vampire warrior theme.

I agree with you about having the build up and tension instead of having sex every other page--you are right, it isnt believable. Also the interaction of the characters before can make or break a hot love scene. I need some dialogue too. Sounds like Night Huntress is a good one--I will put it on my list to check out.

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (IBookieNookie) Desiree wrote: "Cherra wrote: "Desiree wrote: "Speaking of BDB...I thought I really liked Wrath's story, then Rhage came along...yummy! But now here I am reading Z's story and although no real steaminess has taken..."

Actually, I skimmed through the lessers sections too, but when you get to #6 Enshrined, you will want to pay more attention to it b/c some intersting stuff is revealed. I had to go back and read some of the sections b/c I was lost when there was something interesting in the lesser sections.

Jessa Slade (JessaSlade) | 114 comments There's a scene in Jeri Smith-Ready's WICKED GAME where the heroine has fallen into bed with her vampire boyfriend and it's very touch and go whether he's going to make love to her or eat her. It's arousing in that all the heroine's senses are at their peak, including fear for her life. I thought it was hot and very dangerous.

Er, I don't need to clarify that it's fantasy, right?

Kelly  | 144 comments Desiree wrote: "Cherra wrote: "Desiree wrote: "Speaking of BDB...I thought I really liked Wrath's story, then Rhage came along...yummy! But now here I am reading Z's story and although no real steaminess has taken..."

I'm with you on the lesser parts. I usually will go thru and read only the brother parts then go back and read the lesser parts. I thought I was crazy but they really are like two seperate books you really don't need to read the lesser parts you know they are bad and that at the end they will have a big fight and who will win. I've only read the first 3 books plus I bought the insiders guide and read Father Mine about Z, Bella, and Nala. My favorite sex scene is probably in Father Mine. It was the goodbye scene between Z and Bella Ward had a 1st draft that she put in the indsiders guide and I agree with her she should have left it unedited!

message 38: by Shannon (last edited Sep 05, 2009 07:12PM) (new)

Shannon (Savhage Temptrest) (SavhageTemptress) | 330 comments Cindyg wrote: "Lora Leigh's Breeds Series...I just finished a Bengal's Heart, I've read all 17 or so in this series and all have hot, hot, intense love scenes.
Kate Douglas's Wolf Tales Series...Smoking love sc..."

I definitely agree about Lora Leigh's Breeds Series, particularly the earlier books published by Ellora's Cave! Wow and Hot!

I also agree with J.R. Ward's books as well. The love stories have me saying "awe" regularly, especially Michael and Claire from "The Story of Son"! Loved that story!

Ahrcadia the Duck Tamer (BraintasiaBooks) | 295 comments Dimitri and Rose's sex scene in Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) by Richelle Mead right before they leave to attack the strigoi camp. It seemed so happy when I read it, but looking back, it makes me want to cry because of what happened afterwords.

The Holy Terror (theholyterror) | 313 comments Michelle M. wrote: "Every scene with Dorian in Mead's Dark Swan series. Although her first tryst with Kiyo was pretty smoking, EVERY experience with Dorian just blows my mind."

I just finished Storm Born and I agree with you wholeheartedly. Mead's book aren't even shelved in romance but the scenes she writes are miles above most so-called romance books. Some of the hottest stuff I've ever read. I think it's because you get so attached to the characters and she knows how to build up the tension.

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1591 comments Shannon, girl, wait til you read Thorn Queen. That man is just PERFECT. There are some pretty intense situations in that one, and Dorian's reactions are absolutely...perfect. It's the only way to describe him. If you thought he was hot in Storm Born? Oh he just flies off the charts in Thorn Queen, and it's not just because he's a sexy bastard. Read it! Quick as you can!

Mel (mel_b) | 1188 comments Michelle, you're good! I've already ordered Thorn Queen :D
I really liked Dorian already. Kiyo is nice and hot but there's way more tension built up with Dorian. And it's much more fun for the guy not to appear truly concerned all the time. Mostly he's just slightly amused, smug, sometimes disdainful. All the better when his actual compassion sneaks out...
And ooh he seems to be good in bed too :D

Moderatrix Lori  (ModeratrixLori) Stephanie wrote: "Ahh, Night Huntress, probably my favorite paranormal romance series for many reasons, one of which is all the steamy scenes! I agree with someone else, the scence when they go upstairs to put an en..."

That was a hot scene. Definitely ranks as one of my favorites. Love Bones.

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1591 comments Would I steer you wrong, Mel? He's deelish. He inspires lots of mental wandering. Can't wait to hear what you think of Thorn Queen. I warned you that you'd want to read it right away!

Mel (mel_b) | 1188 comments Steer me wrong? Oh heavens no! You were right indeed, as expected. I have the book delivered to my work so I don't need to wait for a day off to go and pick it up at the post office at the most remote location from my house. There's a post office half a block from my house, but do they deliver packages there? Noohoo, one needs to get on one's bike and drive though rainstorms and tornados, still: small price to pay for more of Mead.
I must say: I liked this book much better that Goergina Kincaid # 4 (I'm sure I'm making enemies now). It was a lot better written, cleverly put together, the tension was great, the sex was hot and the dialogues and inner monologues were hilarious. I'm sad *spoiler* some of the minions didn't make it as they were so funny. "Had you asked us mistress, we would have gladly told you that..."

Ahrcadia the Duck Tamer (BraintasiaBooks) | 295 comments Mel wrote: "Steer me wrong? Oh heavens no! You were right indeed, as expected. I have the book delivered to my work so I don't need to wait for a day off to go and pick it up at the post office at the most rem..."

I agree! Georgina Kincaid #4 wasn't the best, but maybe that's just because it was so sad.

When I was reading Thorn Queen my dad looked over my shoulder while Eugenie and Dorian were "together" XD Head, meet wall. Wall, head.

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1591 comments There's a post office half a block from my house, but do they deliver packages there? Noohoo, one needs to get on one's bike and drive though rainstorms and tornados

Oh, the indignities Her Majesty must suffer!

I completely agree with your comparison to GK. I think this series is much stronger in terms of plot and characterization. And I don't feel the need to give Eugenie a beat down. She's a flawed character, but a very strong one, and she undergoes definite progression as the book goes on. Georgina? She needs to have more self-respect, and that aspect bothered me IMMENSELY in the last two books.

I've enjoyed the Succubus series, but I think I love Dark Swan.

Excuse me now whilst I swoon over Dorian some more...

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1591 comments Arcadia, that's amusing and horrifying. Not really something I'd want my dad peeking at!

As for Succubus Heat, the only thing I viewed as sad was Georgina's head up her ass. Grow a BACKBONE and stop mooning over such a total schmuck. Ugh. If she was my friend, I'd give her a therapeutic slap into next Tuesday. Not enough anger at the indignity and betrayal. Too much oh woe is me it's my fault I want him I want him.

Oooo, it made me angry.

Which you can probably tell...

Mel (mel_b) | 1188 comments Swoon away girly, swoon away. I'm really curious what he did to make you LOVE him in the second book. Infatuated I am, but in love, I am not (yet).
That right is now reserved for Louis-Cesare (*sigh*) and Pritkin (grrrrr).

message 50: by Mel (last edited Sep 06, 2009 07:56AM) (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 1188 comments Arcadia wrote: "Mel wrote: "Steer me wrong? Oh heavens no! You were right indeed, as expected. I have the book delivered to my work so I don't need to wait for a day off to go and pick it up at the post office at ..."

LOL, Oh Arcadia. Hope your head recovered from meeting the wall. LOL

On the occasions I visit my parents and my dad gets a peek at the cover of the books I'm reading, I hear immediate dismissal: 'Rubbish!'. So the good part about that is that he's actually never interested enough to sneak up on me and glance into the book. :D

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 14