Chicks On Lit discussion

Other Hot Book Discussions > has anyone read Beautiful Boy: A Father's Journey Through His Son's Meth Addiction

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by edie3 (new)

edie3 | 18 comments Just finished it.

message 2: by Jaymie (new)

Jaymie | 8 comments Haven't heard of it, but will definitely check it out.

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan Just heard the father and son interviewed together on Fresh Air last week...definitely on my TBR list..

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) | 467 comments I'm going to check out NPR online and see if I can find that interview. I love Fresh Air--fantastic show. Edie, what are your thoughts on the read? This sound like a book that will make me cry my eyes out, but I'd still like to give it a try at some point.

message 5: by edie3 (new)

edie3 | 18 comments It was a good book, your heart really bleeds for the parents. There were some things I skimmed over, drug facts, etc. I was to read his son's account next.

message 6: by Kristen (new)

Kristen I hadnt heard of it but I just added it to my list. I work in the mental health/substance abuse field, so every now and then I like to keep in the loop ;) But I have to be careful so I don't do too much work "at home".

message 7: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 12 comments I actually have that book checked out right now. As soon as I finish Then We Came To The End, I will start it.

His son ALSO wrote a book from his viewpoint, called Tweak. I will read that one after. They both sound very good.

message 8: by Abby (new)

Abby You'll have to let me know how Then We Came To The End was, I tried to read it but didn't get a chance to finish it before I had to return it.

I took Beautiful Boy out of the library, and couldn't finish it. I got maybe 50 or 60 pages in, and I just lost interest. I couldn't and still can't figure out why.

message 9: by Hillary (new)

Hillary (hillarydm) | 13 comments I requested that book from the library; look forward to it.

Then We Came To The End was brilliant! If you've ever worked in an office ... you'll relate. I really enjoyed that book.

message 10: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 12 comments Well, since I last posted I finished, Then We Came To the End, A Beautiful Boy, Tweak & two Meg Cabot books. LOL

And I liked A Beautiful Boy & Tweak better than Then We Came To The End. It was just SOOO hard to get into.

Tweak, is very easily, one of the scariest books I have ever read. Talk about scared straight.

unread topics | mark unread