The Husband The Husband discussion

The Husband

Comments (showing 1-29 of 29) (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Rosie This book is right up there with some of Koontz's best. It was fast paced. I had a hard time putting it down.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

It was good...I enjoyed it very much. I am rediscovering Koontz.

Nora aka Diva I liked this one alot too. Very fun read.

Sierra I liked this one a lot too. I'm hoping to read more of him.

message 5: by Janet (new) - added it

Janet Stites great read just like everything else he has done. fast paced but not too fast to lose the reader along the way.

Robyn I am sorry but I have to disagree. I have loved Dean Koontz's books for many years and I found this one lacking. I felt that it started out really well. It was surprising and fast-paced but half way through I was just wanted it to be over. I did not connect with the characters. I will happily continue reading Dean Koontz as long as he continues to write them but I will not be rereading this particular one.

Theresa Oh, I thought The Husband and Intensity were two of his best!

Robyn I have to agree on Intensity by Dean Koontz. I thought it was a fantastic book.

message 9: by Bianca (new)

Bianca are you people from riceville school?

message 10: by Robyn (last edited Sep 27, 2011 03:37PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Robyn Nope. At least I am not.

message 11: by Bianca (new)

Bianca then who are you

message 12: by Bianca (new)

Bianca what school are you from

message 13: by Bianca (new)

Bianca and who are you and who are your friends

Nora aka Diva Bianca wrote: "are you people from riceville school?"

No, I am not.

Barbara C I also thought "The Husband" and "Intensity" were maybe not his best, but up there with the best.

Peggy Bechko I'll put in my 2 cents since I wrote a brief review after reading it. I enjoyed it very much. Koontz seems hard pressed to write a bad book. It does lack Koontz's macabe touch and is much more taut suspense and drama. An excellent read though I've enjoyed some of his others more. That's just the way of it.

message 17: by Rob (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob Liked it, although as someone mentioned it was hard to connect with the characters

Sheryl Martin This has to be one of my all time favorite books! My stepdad got me hooked on Dean Koonzt and this was the first one of his I read. I couldn't put it down!

message 19: by Dot (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dot This is one of Koontz's best books. He seems to change writing styles. I don't care for his dialog driven books as much as others. I prefer a narrative style of writing.

Scott (Ozziespur) Peggy wrote: "I'll put in my 2 cents since I wrote a brief review after reading it. I enjoyed it very much. Koontz seems hard pressed to write a bad book. It does lack Koontz's macabe touch and is much more t..."

Agree with Peggy. I've enjoyed all of Koontz's books, some more than others. Never read a really bad one.

message 21: by Mary (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mary This was my first ever Koontz's book and I really enjoyed it very much. After this one I kept reading more of his books and I must say I never got bored with them. Very addictive and entertaining.

Terry Irwin Just finished reading this book. Good read - not like Dean's usual writing though.

Tabish Arif It's like Koontz managed to grab hold of my attention in the first chapter and held on to it till the end of the book.
Very intriguing and a must read for all Koontz fan.
You're definitely going to like it if you enjoyed Shattered

Meenakshi Raina I enjoyed reading this book last year, very captivating. I couldn't stop turning the pages, no wonder why I am a Dean Koontz fan!!!

message 25: by Tina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tina I love Dean Koontz. I must admit, I had a hard time getting into "The Face". I just put it aside for now. I would really love to get into the "Odd Thomas" Series. Is anybody reading those?

Allison Wonderland AH MAZE ING. That's all I can really say. Just. Wow. I love Dean Koontz. His Phantoms by Dean Koontz scared me to death.

message 27: by Tina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tina Allison wrote: "AH MAZE ING. That's all I can really say. Just. Wow. I love Dean Koontz. His Phantoms by Dean Koontz scared me to death."

I haven't read Phantoms yet but looks like I will need to.

Maria Never read anything by him and looooved it! All the twists and turns and the unveiling of the reasons why his wife was kidnapped just kept me turning those pages.

Kathy Hinton Great book. I love reading Dean Koontz books due to all action in them.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Husband (other topics)
Intensity (other topics)
The Husband (other topics)
Shattered (other topics)
Phantoms (other topics)
More...