Short Story Contests discussion

Weekly Contests > Week 41 (Aug 3 - Aug 9) Done

Comments (showing 1-50 of 104) (104 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Arthur, Live a little Give a lot (new)

Arthur | 554 comments Mod

Instructions:

Please do not use a story previously used on goodreads. After the week's contest, you are welcome to put it on your profile writings, but please refrain from using stories you have already put on there.

You have until Saturday afternoon to post a story on here. Please post it directly onto this topic, rather than posting a link. Also, please do not discuss stories on here. You must go to Weekly Short Story Contest Discussion for that. This will avoid any clutter and confusion, so that people can simply come on here and read the story, without having to read comments on the story.

This week's Topic is ambush. If anyone has any objections to this topic, please go to the Objections post. The rules are pretty loose. You could write about any kind of surprised attack, concealment of, waiting on an ambush set by somebody, pretty much anything. Just have the word in the story.

Weekly stories must be at least 500 words long to 2,500 words long. (if the whole story won't fit in one post, divide it into two)

Good luck!

Arthur [acting for Clare:]

P.S. PLEASE say if you would like to have your story on Short Story Galore, if you win. This way it wouldn't take me ages to get your consent afterwards. This includes adding a link to your stories. If you want to have your story on the Short Story Galore, but not the link, just say so.

message 2: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (Milkduds920) | 311 comments Me excited!

ESTHER *I Hate Being Bipolar, It's Awesome!* (essie7198) I would like to have my story on Short Story Galore, and the link if i win.

Title:The Battle
Words:639

I felt the rain patter on my face as I slowly breathed in what we were about to do. Rain, this is the best time for the ambush. That's why we're doing it now. It's now or never. It only rains every hundred years. I formed the water in my hands into a knife and froze it. They signaled me to go first. I crept in hiding the knife behind me. "Hello my Lord." "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!?!?! THIS IS A RESTRICTED ARIA YOU IDIE..." I pulled out my knife. "Easy now Crala. No Hard feelings?" He knew we were stronger than him, he was afraid, so he treated us horribly, not giving a chance for ambush, but we got him drunk and now... "To late! Your time is up, Crocken!" I threw the knife and watched it unfreeze. Wrapping around him, strangling him. He yelled for his guards. They ran toward my swords up and the rest of us popped out. "We are one, you can't beat us. We will destroy all of you no matter what. So why try?" They all slowly backed off at the spell. "No! Don't listen to her! Why die without trying? Our Battle will be great! And when you do die, do you want to be known as the enemy, or the hero's?" They started charging again, avoiding every spell. I sometimes wondered if he was a caster at how well he persuades. "WE ARE ONE!" we all chanted. "WE ARE ONE! WE WILL WIN! WE WILL DESTROY ALL OF YOU!" our voices started changing. "WE ARE ONE! WE WILL WIN! WE WILL DESTROY ALL OF YOU! ALL AS ONE!" at the last words we formed. We changed into one of the most feared creatures, The Water Dragon! "WHAT SHALL YOU DO NOW CROCKEN? CAN YOU STILL BOSS US AROUND? YOU CAN NO LONGER KEEP US APART, BECAUSE WE ARE ALREADY TOGETHER, AND TOGETHER AS ONE, WE WILL DESTROY YOU! IN THE GREATEST AMBUSH EVER KNOWN! PREPARE TO DIE!" We raised our head screaming into the heavens gathering all the rain into the mouth of our monster. We plastered him against the wall with the water. He stood there, week, and useless. "WE WILL SPARE YOU, BUT IF YOU DO ANY BAD AGAIN, YOU WILL BE DESTROYED. AS FOR YOUR ARMY, THEY NOW BELONG TO US." "But..." We glared at him and he was silent. "WE HAVE DONE OUR GOOD, WE ARE MILLIONS. NOTHING BUT HUMANS." As we said the reverse words I felt myself tare apart from the others, shrinking into nothing, just a human, with kick but powers. "It's a shame we can only do this every hundred years, when it rains." "Who knows? Maybe it rains somewhere some ware else." "Yea." I said dreaming, "But what to do with Crocken. I looked over at the shivering man, no boy standing there watching with fear in his eyes. "Leave him be, he will not bother us without his army." "Who will be our leader?" I was still dreaming about a place abundant of rain and water. "Crala." "Yes." "You were Crockens daughter right?" "Yes, the man became a dictator after Mother's death." I swallowed slowly to keep down the sobs. "You are no dictator, and our rightful leader." He bowed at my feet, and the rest of the crowd followed. "Me? I'm only 16!" "Yes, the rightful age you were supposed to be crowned, but he refused to give it to you. All hail QUEEN Crala!" "All Hail Queen Crala! The New rightful leader of Ladem!" "I am now Queen?" I gasped with joy and fear. "Don't worry, you will be our fine beautiful Queen." Drakal said. "And if you agree I would love to be you King and husband?" "Yes, Drakal, I Love You!" I kissed him passionately.

message 4: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune Good job :) it might be a little easier to read if you separated new paragraphs and character dialogue, but other than that it was pretty good.

message 6: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune huh? whats up?

message 7: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (ChristyLeighStewart) Don't be sad Jessica!

message 8: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune Ok, everyone, I hate to do this, but because of all the recent tension and drama this group has been having, I feel that I need to restate the rules of the group:

Rules:
1. Those who join must submit a mini-story at least once in a while. When they do not submit a story, then they’re asked to at least vote for the week’s winner. If you don’t think you’ll have time to do either, then please don’t join.
You will be removed from the group if you remain inactive. So don’t just join because you were sent an invitation. Join if you want to write!
2. Please no vulgarity or profanity. We’d like keep this group open to all ages.
3. You are asked to please vote for other stories rather than your own.
4. No insulting other people’s stories. You may express a professional opinion, but no insulting the writers or their stories. It creates tension and drama, and we don’t need either.
5. Have fun!

message 9: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 67 comments sounds easy enough. calm down jessica. it isn't anything personal.,

message 10: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (ChristyLeighStewart) Don't let them get you down Jessica, they are not worth it. I would leave that group ASAP. (Kyle said he would ban me if I joined or else I would defend you)

Thank you for the rules Clare, I can follow them.

message 11: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 67 comments i was. how/

and nobody wants you there anyways christy

message 12: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune Oh COME ON! Just stop arguing! If you have a story, post it. If you want to discuss other things, go to a different group.

message 13: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (ChristyLeighStewart) Liz, don't start a fight.

I read the posts, and thank you Jessica, you are very nice standing up for me when you are so out numbered. Please don't pay them any mind, they aren't worth it.

I feel horrible that you are crying!

message 14: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 67 comments whatevs

ESTHER *I Hate Being Bipolar, It's Awesome!* (essie7198) Christy wrote: "Liz, don't start a fight.

I read the posts, and thank you Jessica, you are very nice standing up for me when you are so out numbered. Please don't pay them any mind, they aren't worth it.

I ..."

really? i can make myself cry... wait for it...my eyes are watery but i can't make tears, sometimes i can only do that

message 16: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 83 comments AHAHA! Sorry, random thought, Methinks me might actually do the contest this week...I named my MC Callie, which was random...I'm not sure where that one came from!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Esther wrote: "Christy wrote: "Liz, don't start a fight.

I read the posts, and thank you Jessica, you are very nice standing up for me when you are so out numbered. Please don't pay them any mind, they aren't w..."

um guys not to b like the losr police, but can u comment in teh discussion thing? i tihnk this tihng is only for the stories . . . so ya? pretty plz

message 18: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 83 comments I don't even know where that is, haha, sure though.

message 20: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ ♥Jessica♥ wrote: "I can assure you it wasn't fake. My brother was like, "Have you been crying? Are you okay? Ur face is really blotchy."

Christy, you're the best. You're like the older sister I've always wanted b..."

Hey Jessica. Aw, don't cry.

message 21: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 67 comments i am very nice. what did i even do to you? urghhhhh

you are being bitchy and you keep rekindling the flame

message 22: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ Liz wrote: "i am very nice. what did i even do to you? urghhhhh

you are being bitchy and you keep rekindling the flame "

Liz, can we please stop with the name calling?

message 23: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 83 comments Something tastes like pickles, if yall don't start being peaceful I am going to coninue my talking about pickles.

message 24: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 67 comments i never called her a name

why are people accusing me of doing shit?

message 25: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 83 comments LIZ! Pickles are weird. I don't eat them I just suck the juice off them.

message 26: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) You said the word bitchy. Apparently that's name calling.

message 27: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ Liz wrote: "i never called her a name

why are people accusing me of doing shit?"

Well you said that she was being "bitchy". My bad, that's not exactly name-calling but, I think that we should stop with the profanity.

message 28: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 67 comments she is being bitchy!

i love pickles :)

especially the sweet ones

message 29: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 83 comments You're a meanie, Imma meanie, *GASP* we should make a meanie song! jkjk, seriously people, stop it or I will spam this topic like crazy!

message 30: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 67 comments whatever

message 31: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ Marley wrote: "You're a meanie, Imma meanie, *GASP* we should make a meanie song! jkjk, seriously people, stop it or I will spam this topic like crazy!"

Well, I don't mind the spamming. Sometimes it's funny to read.

message 32: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 83 comments I think the mods do though, but if I make them mad, they'll make us all shut up! Haha! My logic is pure brilliance! Sweet pickles are odd. I've only eaten the pickles off my plate in Wisconsin, they were good pickles! If they were really pickles!

message 33: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ I've never had sweet pickles before...

message 34: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 67 comments well they are the bomb diggity so go buy yourself some

message 35: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ Liz wrote: "well they are the bomb diggity so go buy yourself some "

Lol, ok.

message 36: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 67 comments yop

message 37: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune hahah yeah, please don't spam the topic, thanks.

Liz, please, no more swearing and name calling. that goes for everyone else also.

AND NOW!!!!

story telling time :)

get busy peeps!

write like craaaazy!

message 38: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 67 comments i was not name calling

omg!!!!!

message 39: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune Alright, what ever you say. Either way, please cut back on swearing. There are better and more intelligent ways of putting things across then using vulgar words...

message 40: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 67 comments ok i will but that isn't always necessarily true...

message 41: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 83 comments Liz, just take the rule.

message 42: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 67 comments i will marley i will

message 43: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (Milkduds920) | 311 comments Christy wrote: "Don't let them get you down Jessica, they are not worth it. I would leave that group ASAP. (Kyle said he would ban me if I joined or else I would defend you)

Thank you for the rules Clare, I c..."

Actually i'd encourage you to join, its really fun and we have some cool debates. Kyle wont ban you promise. Teehee leaving now.

message 44: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ ♥Jessica♥ wrote: "I already left. It wasn't that fun for me and they aren't worth my time.

And Kyle wouldn't have banned me. Davis, you, and Lauren, though? I don't know. It doesn't really seem like a group I wan..."

Cool, good for you. : )

message 45: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 67 comments yes good for you (and us)

message 46: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ No prob. Anytime. : )

message 47: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 67 comments :) -

message 48: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) "Davis, you, and Lauren, though? I don't know. "

I've never banned anyone. Trust me, there are people who deserve it. You wouldn't have been one of them.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

♥Jessica♥ wrote: "Ha ha, Liz called me a b**** in the Debate group. For some odd reason, I find that hilarious. Still laughing... bye 4 now!"

y r u guys still talking about this? it;'s not something u guys shouodl've gottwen on about in the first klpalce ilet it go whew and plz just post stories here!

message 50: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 67 comments i know please people

« previous 1 3

unread topics | mark unread