Favorite Sewing Books discussion

Weekend Sewing

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Claudia (new)

Claudia | 2 comments I went to the bookstore looking for a book for a friend as a birthday present, and found THIS amazing book....I decided on the spot to buy this book instead and MAKE something for her (she does not sew).

There are so many beautiful projects in it - very simple and beautiful designs that are not fussy and don't take too long to make, so if you are in the moos do decrease your stash and whip up something to wear to that afternoon BBQ, this is the book for you. I love all of the projects, and have made quite a few now. My present was a big success, by the way...this book is great!!

message 2: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (buttondoll) I also really like this book-first on board for project choice is the pj pants! I'll let you know how it goes!

message 3: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (goodreadscomtracya) | 1 comments The book is great, and I've made several patterns. Just be sure to check errata. There are quite a few.

message 4: by Beverly (new)

Beverly | 4 comments I agree w/ Tracy. Make sure you check the errata, even for the pj's! But, once past the errors, this is a great book, even for beginners. Anybody who needs to add some extra panels to the yard sale wrap skirt, I recommend House on Hill Road blog. She posts a great layout to maximize your yardage. Plus she gives a pretty good idea of how much yardage one will actually need. Here's the link:

http://houseonhillroad.typepad.com/my...

message 5: by Claudia (new)

Claudia | 2 comments Thanks so much for posting this link - I wasn't aware that there is an errata page...glad you pointed this out!!

message 6: by Beverly (new)

Beverly | 4 comments Actually, the errata can be found on Heather Ross's blog, but the above link is more from someone who has done a lot of the patterns already. Here's Heather Ross' blog:

http://heatherross.squarespace.com/

unread topics | mark unread