Favorite Sewing Books discussion

Quilt, Baby!

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenericparents (new)

Jenericparents | 1 comments I just bought this book on Wed. I love it, and can't wait to dive in! I haven't picked up a crafting book in a while. Lately, I've been reading every book by Sandra Dallas. She always touches on the topic of quilts somehow. It may not be a crafting book, but I get to hear about someones love of quilting, in a fictional setting.

message 2: by Judith (new)

Judith | 1 comments The last sewing book I bought is the one for babies from Amy Butler. But I learned to sew by myself with my mothers old readers digest sewing book. That thing is like an encyclopedia of sewing. I look at it all the time.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah G | 1 comments I've never made a quilt from a book before - I'd love to try with this one, they'd make great gifts!

message 4: by Crissy (new)

Crissy | 1 comments I love the idea of making a modern baby quilt! I've never tried quilting, but my mom and I have talked about it and this would be a fun project to start with. Yay mother-daughter time!

message 5: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 1 comments I am new to sewing, but I just got a used copy of Reader's Digest Complete Guide to Sewing. I am signed up for a beginning sewing class too. I purchased Weekend Sewing at the beginning of the summer, and can't wait to tackle some of the projects!! My favorite summer reads this summer have been Julie & Julia and The Time Traveler's Wife. I have had these books for quite some time and wanted to get them both read before seeing the movies in August. I absolutely loved them both, and only hope the movies do them justice!! (How, I ask, can Meryl Streep not do anything justice?) I also read and thoroughly enjoyed “The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.” Lovely book–the cast of characters terrific!

message 6: by Robyn (new)

Robyn | 1 comments ooooh, this book looks precious. must be a new one- i haven't seen it out in stores yet. i can't wait to check it out. my favorite sewing book right now is sewing green by betz white!

unread topics | mark unread