Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Problem with book cover

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christina (new)

Christina | 58 comments Hey all,
I have a problem with the book cover to one of the editions of The Stepford wives, isbn 0440182948. The picture only works when I click on it to enlarge it, when I view my review or view the cover list, it's only the square with the red cross in it... Does anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks, Christina

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 27785 comments Mod
Huh. I can't delete it and let Amazon put it back (which often works) -- it doesn't seem to think the cover is there when in edit mode.

message 3: by Tim (new)

Tim That was a bit wierd indeed. Just now i looked and the image was there in list view but not in the actual review view heh. I downloaded the list view image and uploaded it in edit and it seems to work now for me.

message 4: by Christina (new)

Christina | 58 comments Thanks so much - the picture is there now so whatever you did, it seems to be working.
:-)

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

I don't know what the problem is, but I also cannot see anything in what should be the larger view -- for either of the two editions.

message 6: by Tim (last edited Mar 02, 2008 04:33AM) (new)

Tim Odd.. i wonder if it has to do with filenames of images? I saved the image, renamed it "fam" instead of the number it had, and uploaded it again, now i can see it in both views.

(the filesize is 8kb which is fine. I didnt change the size but i assume you did when you scanned it at first since scans are normally large in size.)

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

I doubt that it is the filename (although of course it is possible). I suspect it was re-uploading the file that did it.

Clearly, an experiment is in order. ;)

unread topics | mark unread