Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '09 - '10 > Mercedes Thompson Series

Comments (showing 1-18)    post a comment »
dateUp_arrow    newest »

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments First off, I love Sam! But I am happy that Mercy ended up with Adam. I really like the two of them together. Hopefully Samuel does find someone soon to make him happy. As for him leading the European wolves, I'm not so sure about that. He's having enough struggles of his own, I don't know if it would be good for him to have that added stress added on! Plus you have to think about the timeline. From the end of Hunting Ground to the end of Bone Crossed is about a year. And we know that Sam is still in the tri-cities with Mercy at that time. I would think that in that year someone else would have taken over the Europe packs. Maybe Asil's son?

Starling | 176 comments Samuel needs his own mini-series, like the one Charles has. Yet another part of the forest.

And someone has to go to Europe to run the werewolves there for a while. Samuel started out in Europe so he would be an appropriate choice.

Carolyn F. | 520 comments Kelley Anne wrote: "On her website's forum it says that Silver Borne will deal with witches, Samuel and the Fae. They said that we will learn more about Sam as he goes through a hard time in this book...."

I loved Sam and wish something would happen between them. Adam - I'm not sure about still and I don't know why. I wish Sam would find someone soon and I'd love to read more about him.

Kyle Borland (kgborland) I think the arc starling was talking about was a story arc, or a plotline, that can go for several books in a series lol

Susan (Suz) (sharney) | 292 comments Thanks Melodie! OK, so would not have figured that out LOL

Melodie (MelodieCO) Susan wrote: "I second everything that everyone says LOL, LOL guess I need to get out here sooner so I don't have to copy everyone elses opinions LOL But I do enjoy this series a great deal and will be anxiousl..."

ARC stands for Advance Reading Copy. They're great when you can get hold of one since you get to read it so long before everyone else!

Susan (Suz) (sharney) | 292 comments I second everything that everyone says LOL, LOL guess I need to get out here sooner so I don't have to copy everyone elses opinions LOL But I do enjoy this series a great deal and will be anxiously awaiting Silver Borne and hope that Sam doesn't wreck anything with Mercy and Adam!

OK, so I HAVE to ask cuz i'm lame, what does arc stand for... I know i'm going to smack myself in the forhead and say DUH when you tell me but it's not coming to me at the moment LOL

Starling | 176 comments Jess, I think that in an open ended series like this one, basically you discover what happened next. I'm hoping that there will NOT be a major arc, although I like smaller arcs in a series over several books.

The vampires and the fae are part of Mercy's world. They aren't going away.

Jess | 3721 comments Kelley Anne wrote: "**Spoilers for Bone Crossed**

I really can't see the love triangle coming back into it. I mean, especially now that Mercy is both pack, and mated with Adam. But personally, I re..."

But even if they don't bring a love triangle into it.. Why are we going back to Sam?? The story should be focused on Mercy, I just feel if the story is going to be about Sam, and Mercy helping Sam, the series is sort of taking a step back. Going back to the second or third book.

But if they involve the fey, maybe the story will still be propelling the series forward rather than dragging it back.

Did I make sense?? lol.

♥Tricia♥ (WickedEnchantment) | 132 comments Well he has to get into some trouble somehow right? For Mercy to come along and help again :P

I hope you are right about the love triangle thing but you never know..

message 8: by Kelley Anne (last edited Aug 02, 2009 08:25AM) (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments **Spoilers for Bone Crossed**

I really can't see the love triangle coming back into it. I mean, especially now that Mercy is both pack, and mated with Adam. But personally, I really like Samuel, I just don't like him with Mercy. I would like to see him find someone that will make him happy though. The thing that worries me is the fact that they mention both Samuel and witches. For those that have read Cry Wolf, we know that Samuel doesn't have a good history with magic!

♥Tricia♥ (WickedEnchantment) | 132 comments I agree Jess, I don't want to read about another love triangle.. I will reread Anita Blake if I want a taste of that annoyance lol...

One of the things I liked about these books is how Mercy can hold her own, yet knows her limits and as Jess has said asks for help when its needed. And doesnt fall goo goo eyes for all of the men ROFL.

This is why the mention of Sam in the next book erks me because I fear she is heading in the same direction as some other authors have went (and those authors are fine and I adore their books) which I DONT want to see for this series.

Jess | 3721 comments Sam??? WHYYYY lol. She better not bring us back to that whole crappy love triangle thing again. That will upset me.

I'm sort of tired of reading about Sam's whining. his life sucks blah blah and he wants to go end it blah blah.

I want the story to move on to something new.

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments On her website's forum it says that Silver Borne will deal with witches, Samuel and the Fae. They said that we will learn more about Sam as he goes through a hard time in this book. Also, wedding bells are in the air. Nan (Mercy's sister) will be getting married, and of course, we'll see more of Mercy's mom.

Melodie (MelodieCO) I really like this series, too. I thought Bone Crossed was the weakest, so far. It was nice that the relationship thing was finally decided, tho I must admit I held out hope for Samuel. But other than that I thought the story just lacked something.

Liz (arcanepenguin) | 77 comments I also have read the whole series (so far). Jess, I agree that it sounds like the story will return to werewolf story line. Patricia Briggs left us hanging with what is going to happen with Mercy and Adam. I think that she'll develop what their relationship is/will be and talk a little more about Mercy's place in the pack.

Jess | 3721 comments I really like this series and I find that Mercy is a great character. She's not an annoying one who chooses to do stupid things at stupid times (you know that classic "too stupid to live" character). She's determined to help her friends when they need help, but she knows her limitations and will seek help when it's needed.

That makes her interesting and fun to watch. I think the best book out of all the series is the last one Bone Crossed, just because it settled the conflict surrounding her relationships with different men and she finally chose who she wanted to be with.

I'm wondering in which direction Briggs will take the next one Silver Borne. It sounds like it's going to return to the werewolf storylines. Just because the title has silver in it lol. I don't think that's going to involve the fey.. maybe the vamps will have something to do with it as well.

But we have a long way to wait for it.. not until 2010.

I also was excited to read that she is contracted to take the series to 7 books. YAY!! More Mercy to read about.

message 1: by Jess (last edited Jul 29, 2009 12:43PM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments One of Patricia Brigg's series is called the Mercedes Thompson series. The books that make up this series are as follows:

Moon Called
Blood Bound
Iron Kissed
Bone Crossed
Silver Borne -
This will be the fifth Mercy Thompson novel. I may be premature putting it up, but a number of people write wanting to know if Bone Crossed was the last in the series. Happily, ACE has contracted for a total of seven Mercy novels, and it's possible the series could go even longer.

Anthology
Wolfsbane and Mistletoe - Features a character from the Mercedes Thompson series named David Christiansen. Story is called Star of David

Please hold comments until August. Thanks!

If you've read any of these books, did you like it or no? If you haven't read them yet, is it on your TBR list?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Iron Kissed (other topics)
Moon Called (other topics)
Silver Borne (other topics)
Bone Crossed (other topics)
Blood Bound (other topics)
More...