fantasy book lovers!! discussion

general > i am currently reading...

Comments (showing 1-50 of 547) (547 new)    post a comment »

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) at the min am reading dracula i think its a little boring not the best book av eva read

coeli (goodreadscomboogaloo) i just read fablehaven...really good!Fablehaven Rise of the Evening Star

Magen (magen0222) | 65 comments Mod
i just got done reading dreamland by sarah dessen. REALLY GOOD! now im trying to write a book

coeli (goodreadscomboogaloo) good luck!!!

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) am reading the 1st book of the morgaville vampire series and am luvin it

Carrie (Care) (Care76) I started The Hunger Games last night. I'm almost halfway through and it's really keeping me hooked so far.

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) ever1 keeps saying about that 1 but i dont like the front cover and b4 ne1 says nethin av studied in graphic design so things like the front cova and book covas have 2 draw me 2 them

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

~♡кαтιє♡~ wrote: "am reading the 1st book of the morgaville vampire series and am luvin it"

wat r those about?

Carrie (Care) (Care76) Carrie wrote: "I started The Hunger Games last night. I'm almost halfway through and it's really keeping me hooked so far. "
I used to be the same way. One day my mom picked out a book for me that I never would have. The whole series has terrible covers. I'm glad she did because this was over 12 years ago and it's still my favorite series! Now I try to go on reviews and recommendations. Oh and the Hunger Games was really good and the second book is supposed to be even better (or so I've heard from friends that have ARC).

Rebecca  ❤ Bea ❤ | 71 comments ~♡кαтιє♡~ wrote: "ever1 keeps saying about that 1 but i dont like the front cover and b4 ne1 says nethin av studied in graphic design so things like the front cova and book covas have 2 draw me 2 them"

I'm exactly the same. I love art and am quite interested in photography so I normally only pick books with good covers. I'm also kinda prejudiced against the Hunger Games cos a girl who I can't stand in my class read them and I know its awful but I don't want to like them cos she does and I know how petty it sounds but you haven't met her.

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) haha am doin a degree in commercial photography!

Alicia wrote: "~♡кαтιє♡~ wrote: "am reading the 1st book of the morgaville vampire series and am luvin it"

wat r those about?

"

well its about a really smart girl whose 16 and has gone off 2 college but theres sum really nasty people who r being evil 2 her so she moves in wiv 3 people whom have secrets of there own. also the town that she has moved 2 is run by vampires i dont no much more as am only on the 1st book which av not finished yet so there cud b more 2 them hope i helped

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

its sounds rly good :] i think i mite get it.

thx :p

message 13: by Jo (new)

Jo Im reading The Host

message 14: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 04, 2009 05:17AM) (new)

I'am reading Flyte...I'am lost..who is the Hunter games written by??I mean I have heard it really good, but dont really know the author..Sorry if i seem a bit stupid!

message 15: by Carrie (Care) (last edited Aug 04, 2009 08:09AM) (new)

Carrie (Care) (Care76) Maryam_Music Lover_ wrote: "I'am reading Flyte...I'am lost..who is the Hunter games written by??I mean I have heard it really good, but dont really know the author..Sorry if i seem a bit stupid!"

You're not stupid and you don't sound it. :) The Hunger Games is by Suzanne Collins. The Hunger Games (Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins I wouldn't really call it fantasy though, maybe scifi (but not really that either), but it's a great read. The second book Catching Fire is coming out Sept. 1.

I started reading (or actually listening to the audiobook)the Mistborn series Mistborn  The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1) by Brandon Sanderson I meant to read it for quite a while and finally got around to it. It's on the epic fantasy level, very good so far. It does take a bit to get into the story though, but well worth the time.

I also started the Vampire Diaries. I wasn't going to because I wanted to watch the show and I knew I'd pick it apart if I read them. Oh well.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you Carrie!I couldn't find it, Thanks!I HAVE BEEN WANTING TO READ MISTBORN:The Final Empire FOR A REALLY LONG TIME!Lol

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) Alicia wrote: "its sounds rly good :] i think i mite get it.

thx :p"

u really shud av just finished it and i now luv it more than twilight.
am now readin dead until dark which is gud so far

Dana :D im reading night world book 3 and undone. there both awsome

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) av read the 1st book and liked it but i wish they were longer stories as u just start liking the characters and then the book has finished

message 20: by Jo (new)

Jo Im reading Dead until Dark

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) r u liking it?
am now reading the time traveler's wife

message 22: by Jo (new)

Jo I am liking it. Some parts made me cringe a bit though.

I started the time travelers wife last night

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) lol i started 2 watch true blood and liked it 4 a while but then i just stopped watchin it as i got bored wiv it
wot u thinking about the time travelers wife am really enjoying it

message 24: by Jo (new)

Jo I have read about 80 pages of Time Travelers Wife. I like it so far. It was a bit confusing at first but i am into it now. Have you read much of it?

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) av read 159 pages so far but i will b reading sum more 2night. the more i read it the more am really enjoying it

message 26: by Jo (new)

Jo I wish i had time to read a big chunk of it. I think i will read some on friday night and maybe on saturday in the day

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) well at the minute i have a bit of time but i dont think i will have as much time 2 read it soon tho

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) am reading the hunger games atthe moment

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) am reading catching fire not far til the end though

madison (HBmadison) | 131 comments Um, can anyone recommend a good book longer then 700 pages? I need one for school(well it'd be easier for school) and all books I look at aren't long enough.

Carrie (Care) (Care76) I will have a look for you. I have some really long books, but most are in a series. Like the one I am reading now is 763, but it book 2 of the Mistborn series.

Carrie (Care) (Care76) One I have that is not part of a series is The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. I haven't read it yet, but it was recommended to me by a friend. He said it was a great book. There are tons of editions out there, so look at the page numbers as some are 600 and something pages. There was a new edition printed this year and it was over 700 pages I think. Mine is very old so you could probably find it in a used bookstore.

Carrie (Care) (Care76) Oh another awesome book that is over 700 pages is [image error]. You have to get this edition since I think the book was broken down into different books later. I loved this book.

Cindy | 61 comments I actually started reading The hunger games. It was recommeded here so i picked up the book, the cover does not really show much but it was a good book i could'nt put it down so as soon as i finished i went and bought catching fire it leaves you in a cliff hanger........now i cant wait for the third one!
The Hunger Games
[image error]
Catching Fire
Catching Fire (Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i cant wait for the third one in that series either.
i am going to start carpe corpus tonight

madison (HBmadison) | 131 comments Carrie wrote: "I will have a look for you. I have some really long books, but most are in a series. Like the one I am reading now is 763, but it book 2 of the Mistborn series. "

Ah, thank you so much! That was VERY helpful. :)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i am reading evermore and i am really loving it so far

message 38: by Jo (new)

Jo Is that the Alyson Noel one?

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) yeah thats the one am on about

message 40: by Jo (new)

Jo Ahh cool. I read that one a while back. I thought you had already read it thats why i asked. Do you like it?

Karla (bookarita) | 39 comments Just finished Snow Flower and the secret fan not a fantasy book but well done without being all wordy was a quick read. I did start Eyes like stars by Lisa Mantchev its a YA fantasy great for theater fans. Its a little early to tell anyone what I think of it yet I'll just keep reading and find out :P

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) Jo wrote: "Ahh cool. I read that one a while back. I thought you had already read it thats why i asked. Do you like it?"

nope this is the first time i read it and i love it another favourite book : )

message 43: by Jo (new)

Jo ~♡Katie♡~ wrote: "Jo wrote: "Ahh cool. I read that one a while back. I thought you had already read it thats why i asked. Do you like it?"

nope this is the first time i read it and i love it another favourite boo..."

Are you going to read Blue Moon after? The 3rd one of the series is out next month. I preordered it even though its hardback and cost about £10. Ouch! I just really want to know what happens!

message 44: by Jo (new)

Jo I am reading Frostbite by David Wellington

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) Jo wrote: "~♡Katie♡~ wrote: "Jo wrote: "Ahh cool. I read that one a while back. I thought you had already read it thats why i asked. Do you like it?"

nope this is the first time i read it and i love it ano..."

i havent got blue moon yet but i will definately by it this weekend and i think i might preorder shadowland while am at it as i just love this book.

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i started Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) this morning.
and jo i actually ordered blue moon and preordered shaowland today

Mackenzie | 62 comments I just finished a book that is by no means fantasy, it was called Becoming Me by Melody Carlson. I really enjoyed it. I just started Plum Lovin' by Janet Evanovich, which also isn't fantasy, lol.

Mahogany (MahoganyMiller) | 2 comments the host

Christa (is on top of the world!) (ObsesedWBooks) | 8 comments Mahogany wrote: "the host"

Loved that book so much I had to read it 3 times!

Anyway, I'm in the middle of "One False Move" By: Alex Kava. It's too bad I haven't been able to get as far as I'd like, things have been crazy busy around my town latley.

message 50: by Jo (new)

Jo I am reading Shiver

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11