Book Haven discussion

Movies/T.V. > Book/series should be made into a movie/show

Comments (showing 1-34 of 34) (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Stroube | 2393 comments Mod
Which book/series should be made into a movie or TV show?

I predicted that The Vampire Diaries The Awakening and The Struggle series should be made into a tv show when I was about 13 years old. Now, it being made into one!

I would really like to see Vampire Academy made into a tv show...

Anyone know of any other books that would make a good movie or show?

message 2: by new_user (new)

new_user I think Nalini Singh's Psy-Changeling series would make an awesome show, especially as she has an episodic plot -the romances- as well as an overarching plot. I don't think her alternate universe would be that difficult to manufacture either, and it would be very cool to see those leopard and wolf shifters. ;)

message 3: by J.D. (new)

I'd love to see Libba Bray's Gemma Doyle series turned into a movie/show. As long as the effects were good, I think it'd make an interest movie/show. They could do a lot with the plot...etc...

message 4: by Mawgojzeta (new)

Mawgojzeta | 161 comments I would like Tomato Rhapsody A Novel of Love, Lust, and Forbidden Fruit. What a joy of a novel.

message 5: by Amber (new)

Amber Downing (literati4) | 9 comments I think Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series should be turned into a tv show. A friend and I were talking about this once, and we agreed that it would make a very funny and interesting tv show. Plus there are so many books in the series there is alot of ideas they can use for the show.

message 6: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 1184 comments I was going to suggest Adam Hall's Quiller series of spy novels, but I checked and it looks like the BBC did it back in 1975. Of course, it wasn't shown in America, so I guess I still have a chance ... of course now I want to track down those shows!

I would also like to see Andrew Vachss Burke ... preferably as movies, or maybe an HBO series, as I think the books are far to gritty for network TV.

message 7: by Jackie M (new)

Jackie M | 452 comments The Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward.....Series
The Fever Series by Karen Moning .....Movie
The Cassie Palmer series by Karen Chance.....Movie

Those are just a few!

message 8: by J.D. (new)

I'd like to see James Clemens "Banned and the Banished" series made into films. They're unique, and I think that people would love them!

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) | 199 comments Honestly, they should remake The Collector by John Fowles. Emma Watson as Miranda and say, Jeremy Irons as Clegg.

message 10: by Emily (new)

Emily | 3 comments Would love to see the Dark Hunter series mae into a tv show, Ash...

message 11: by Nora aka Diva (new)

Nora aka Diva (DuctTapeDiva) Amber wrote: "I think Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series should be turned into a tv show. A friend and I were talking about this once, and we agreed that it would make a very funny and interesting tv show. ..."

I agree with you, that would be a fun show to watch!

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) | 199 comments How about Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol"? I mean, they did the first 2 Langdon books.

message 13: by Anagha (new)

Anagha (anaavu) Cate wrote: "How about Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol"? I mean, they did the first 2 Langdon books."

Yes, definitely! I am a big fan of Dan Brown :)

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) | 199 comments ^^ I checked around and they are doing a movie about it! 2012 target release. :)

message 15: by Anagha (new)

Anagha (anaavu) Woohoo! Tom Hanks again?

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) | 199 comments ^^ Yep. Ron Howard & Hans Zimmer too. The whole team's back.

message 17: by Anagha (new)

Anagha (anaavu) Yipee :)

message 18: by Ðɑηηɑ (new)

Ðɑηηɑ I think that Graceling should be made into a movie. We need some feminist Y.A movies around, mainly with Twilight going on (sorry vamplovers).

message 19: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) | 344 comments I think a true to the novelette Carmilla should be made, and filmed in Styria,Romania. Carmilla not being all that long they could remain absolutely true to the book in every way. In eastern Europe they could find an authentic old time Schloss, Chatteau, and medievel ruins & chapel to film it in. Most books that are made into movies even with the best intentions have to be alterted because the books are so long they have to cut things out. You could fit all of Carmilla into two hours nicely, and it would rock. HBO should do it. I feel HBO movies are some of the best pictures being made these days. The story also has a girl on girl romance that I feel modern audiences would really dig. In most of the new books. The powerful vampires are male. Not so with Carmilla. She comes from a powerful old vampire coven with evil gypsy servants,and retainers. Also she is a master of the occult arts. Shape shifting, teleporting, and has extreme strength. The story has a rich background,and is extremely well written. Carmilla is one of the oldest, and best Vampyre romances circa 1871. Ever since I read that story about the charming & beautiful female vampire. I have wanted her to turn me, be with her for ever. Like all pre hollywood vampires she can walk in the daylight no problem.

message 20: by Nicky (new)

Nicky (Raggamuffin) | 93 comments Anyone excited about the Life of Pi movie?
I'm not really sure what to feel. I love the book, but I don't know. It would not have been one of the books I would want to be made into a movie...
But it could be good.
Any thoughts?

message 21: by Ðɑηηɑ (new)

Ðɑηηɑ Nicky wrote: "Anyone excited about the Life of Pi movie?
I'm not really sure what to feel. I love the book, but I don't know. It would not have been one of the books I would want to be made into a movie...
But ..."

No. I really didn't like the book... Perhaps the will be nice, and even I might even give that book a second chance!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I would love for Shiver to become a movie! It is one of my very favorite books.

message 23: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Rae | 49 comments I think that the Morganville Vampires series would make great movies. I love the series and would love to see it on the big screen. The only requirment would be that they actually follow the plot.

message 24: by Yue (new)

Yue | 38 comments Any book by Georgette Heyer, although I prefer Sylvester, or Arabella, or Cotillion, or The Talisman Ring

message 25: by Heather (new)

Heather Boustead (ReflectionsofaBookWorm) | 86 comments Kerrelyn Sparks's Love at Stake Series!!! it could be a dramedy!

Heather-
http://bookwormrflects8.blogspot.de/

message 26: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 1184 comments Roger Zelazny's Amber Series.

It's been crying out for a movie for years.

message 27: by Dale (last edited Feb 11, 2013 03:37PM) (new)

Dale Modisette (lordshrill) 1. Mercedes Thompson by Briggs
2. Kitty Norville by Carrie Vaughn
3. Meredith Gentry by Laurell K. Hamilton
4. Anita Blake by Laurell K. Hamilton
5. Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
6. Chicagoland Vampires by Chloe Neill
7. Argeneau series by Lynsay Sands
8. Divergent by Veronica Roth
9. Demonata by Darren Shan
10. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
11. Weather Warden by Rachel Caine
12. The Hollows by Kim Harrison
13. The Magician's Apprentice by Trudi Canavan
14. The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod by Heather Brewer
15. Magic Thief by Sarah Prineas
16. Elemental Assassin by Jennifer Estep
17. Black Magician by Trudi Canavan
18. The Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine
19. Shifters by Rachel Vincent
20. Dark Hunter by Sherrilyn Kenyon
21. Cassandra Palmer by Karen Chance
22. A Witchcraft Mystery by Juliet Blackwell
23. Night Huntress by Jeaniene Frost
24. John Rain by Barry Eisler
25. Jane Yellowrock by P.N. Elrod

message 28: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Pearl (StephenP11) | 19 comments Nukekubi and Tinker's Plague. Yes, this is self serving but they would both make great TV series and a movie adaptation of Nukekubi would be great.

The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher would also rock. They did a half season once but if ever a book series deserved a real shot this is it.

Tolken, a five year series story ark starting with The Hobbit then moving on through LOTR wrapping up with Sam, Pippin and Marry attending court with Aragorn while he visits Rivendell and the last great Elvin bard recounting the stories from the Silmerilian (sp) and Lost Tails. Do them all up right including the sub textual elements that the movies largely ignored. Tell the story Tolken intended to tell.

Tinker's Plague Tinker's Plague by Stephen B. Pearl

Nukekubi Nukekubi by Stephen B. Pearl

Jim Butcher White Night (The Dresden Files, #9) by Jim Butcher

message 29: by Veronica (last edited Mar 18, 2013 08:28AM) (new)

Veronica Definitely The Women's Murder Club by James Patterson should be made in a series for UK TV. It would be brilliant, based in Brighton. The 4 main characters should be played by

Lindsey - Suranne Jones or Angela Griffin
Claire - Lesley Sharpe or Holly Aird
Jill - Emilia Fox or Anna Friel
Cindy - Emma Roberts or Billie Piper

Others possibilities could be Natalie Gurnede, Nicole Stephenson, Faye Ripley, Joanne Froggett - So many talented actresses in this country, we are spoiled for choice.1st to Die

message 30: by David (new)

David Garber | 7 comments Here's one way to skin the cat. I rolled out my short stories, one chapter a week, and after three weeks I had a small following, after six weeks I had two agencies tracking me and after ten weeks, I got a TV development offer. Here's the link. www.afewminuteswith.wordpress.com

message 31: by Alexa (new)

Alexa (Nobodysdawn) | 17 comments I think The Ranger's Apprentice series would make a great TV show. It has enough substance in it to easily make it a TV show and it would be simple to add in interesting filler missions for the ranger core that aren't in the books.

message 32: by David (new)

David Garber | 7 comments Hey Kathy. The short stories are up on my site: www.afewminuteswith.wordpress.com. They are all around 1500-1700 words. It's all self-promoted and somehow ICM found it and then took it to a large TV company with 8 shows on the air and they met with me and now we're in development for the upcoming season. The series will be a half-hour sitcom.

message 33: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 53 comments I think jan kaon's at home in Mitford. Could be very much like amen/golden girls! Loved the series and the unusual characters would translate well to television.

message 34: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Curry I am dying for "The Banned and the Banished" by James Clemens to be made into a movie series. The books are SO good, and I think they would be fantastic movies.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Awakening / The Struggle (other topics)
Vampire Academy (other topics)
Tomato Rhapsody: A Fable of Love, Lust & Forbidden Fruit (other topics)
The Collector (other topics)
Graceling (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Nalini Singh (other topics)
Libba Bray (other topics)
Karen Chance (other topics)
J.R. Ward (other topics)
Karen Marie Moning (other topics)
More...