Book Haven discussion

Contemporary Romance > Erotica vs. Romantica

Comments (showing 101-110 of 110) (110 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 101: by [deleted user] (new)

I like Romantica the best too-Loras Black Ops and Sarah McCarty`s Cowboys,are my favorites.I also really like Rice`s Midnight series.
I am still trying to come to grips with Deeper,I get such a feeling of hoplessness when I read it.I love Joe and he is one fantastic hero,but they are so stuck in one place thru the whole book ,except for the last part-after the stairway scene-that I couldn`t keep reading it.

UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva Kathy Anne wrote: "II am still trying to come to grips with Deeper,I get such a feeling of hoplessness when I read it.I love Joe and he is one fantastic hero,but they are so stuck in one place thru the whole book ,except for the last part-after the stairway scene-that I couldn`t keep reading it...."

There it is, what I've been trying to say all along. Hopelessness. No hope for happiness. And why? ***spoiler*** they tormented each other in life, what was the point in coming back? Nothing was resolved, nothing fixed... just more torment. I couldn't believe it when she walked into the party and he was on the porch having at it with another woman. Why?***spoiler***
It left me feeling quite sad and bereft.

Adrienne | 286 comments I think it was because he was still his teenage/early twenties self, and whilst he shouldn't have done it 'then' , it was something he would've done. I got the impression the loved Bess dearly but he was mixed up and whilst Bess was his grounding point she also made him feel things he didn't want to/couldn' cope with. I don't know if things would've worked out had he met up with her that night. I think this was also the reason why the ending was how it was.

message 104: by N.r (new)

N.r Story | 3 comments Hey guys, might want to try out Dirty slut on amazon by me N.R STORY. There are other titles available to? I would like some reviews too please. thanks

Elizabeth Kolodziej (ejkolodziej) | 15 comments I feel like Erotica lacks a plot. Also, I haven't found a really good erotica book yet. I have tried a couple authors. Maybe you can recommend something but so far I'm all for the romance. :)

Nancy I love both erotica and romantica. It depends on the mood I'm in. My #1 favorite in erotica will probably always be The Story of O.

Carolyn F. I love ones with sci-fi bent and Kaitlyn O'Connor's books (with the exception of one) have been really good. Embarrassing covers, but great books.

Adrienne | 286 comments @ elizabeth i read a mix of erotica and erotic romance.. please feel free to browse through my shelves:)

message 110: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) | 340 comments I am a Romantic. But I like elements of the errotic to. Not bondage errotic. Or dress up. More like love in under the tall pines, pretend rape. In public parks, in the library,LOL. I like Romance only slightly in literature. When I read a vampire book for instance I want the Romance kept low level. The Mystery and occult are what I like to dominate the story.

1 3 next »