Book Haven discussion

Contemporary Romance > Erotica vs. Romantica

Comments (showing 101-110 of 110) (110 new)    post a comment »
1 3 next »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 101: by [deleted user] (new)

I like Romantica the best too-Loras Black Ops and Sarah McCarty`s Cowboys,are my favorites.I also really like Rice`s Midnight series.
I am still trying to come to grips with Deeper,I get such a feeling of hoplessness when I read it.I love Joe and he is one fantastic hero,but they are so stuck in one place thru the whole book ,except for the last part-after the stairway scene-that I couldn`t keep reading it.

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Kathy Anne wrote: "II am still trying to come to grips with Deeper,I get such a feeling of hoplessness when I read it.I love Joe and he is one fantastic hero,but they are so stuck in one place thru the whole book ,except for the last part-after the stairway scene-that I couldn`t keep reading it...."

There it is, what I've been trying to say all along. Hopelessness. No hope for happiness. And why? ***spoiler*** they tormented each other in life, what was the point in coming back? Nothing was resolved, nothing fixed... just more torment. I couldn't believe it when she walked into the party and he was on the porch having at it with another woman. Why?***spoiler***
It left me feeling quite sad and bereft.

message 103: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne | 286 comments I think it was because he was still his teenage/early twenties self, and whilst he shouldn't have done it 'then' , it was something he would've done. I got the impression the loved Bess dearly but he was mixed up and whilst Bess was his grounding point she also made him feel things he didn't want to/couldn' cope with. I don't know if things would've worked out had he met up with her that night. I think this was also the reason why the ending was how it was.

message 104: by N.r (new)

N.r Story | 3 comments Hey guys, might want to try out Dirty slut on amazon by me N.R STORY. There are other titles available to? I would like some reviews too please. thanks

message 105: by N.r (new)

message 106: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Kolodziej (ejkolodziej) | 15 comments I feel like Erotica lacks a plot. Also, I haven't found a really good erotica book yet. I have tried a couple authors. Maybe you can recommend something but so far I'm all for the romance. :)

message 107: by Nancy (new)

Nancy I love both erotica and romantica. It depends on the mood I'm in. My #1 favorite in erotica will probably always be The Story of O.

message 108: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. I love ones with sci-fi bent and Kaitlyn O'Connor's books (with the exception of one) have been really good. Embarrassing covers, but great books.

message 109: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne | 286 comments @ elizabeth i read a mix of erotica and erotic romance.. please feel free to browse through my shelves:)

message 110: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) | 344 comments I am a Romantic. But I like elements of the errotic to. Not bondage errotic. Or dress up. More like love in under the tall pines, pretend rape. In public parks, in the library,LOL. I like Romance only slightly in literature. When I read a vampire book for instance I want the Romance kept low level. The Mystery and occult are what I like to dominate the story.

1 3 next »

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Jane and the Sneaky Dom (other topics)
The Devil and Ms. Johnson (other topics)
Stranger (other topics)
Deeper (other topics)
Dirty (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Megan Hart (other topics)
Sasha White (other topics)
Evangeline Anderson (other topics)
Lora Leigh (other topics)
Emma Holly (other topics)
More...