Janet Evanovich Book Group discussion

the full tilt series

Comments (showing 1-36 of 36) (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liz (new)

Liz | 4 comments does anyone know the actual order of these? I CAN NOT figure this out!!!

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy | 25 comments Of course!! They go...
Full House
Full Tilt
Full Speed
Full Blast
Full Bloom
Full Scoop

message 3: by Liz (new)

Liz | 4 comments thanks!!!

message 4: by Liz (new)

Liz | 4 comments for those of you who have read them, what do you think??

message 5: by Jess (new)

Jess | 69 comments I love this series, it's such a light and funny read. And it's different from the Plum series in a good way. I liked when the books followed Max and Jamie, but the last 2 were also good.

message 6: by Liz (new)

Liz | 4 comments cool! thanks

message 7: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Reed (imabookshark) | 3 comments These will be next after I finish the Temperance Brennan series by Kathy Reichs. I started reading the first one but I had to stop. I actually listen to them at work on CD, and they are narrated by the same woman who did the Stephanie Plum books, so back to back wasn't going to work when Nick sounded like Morelli and her handyman sounded like Ranger. Soon though!

message 8: by Amy (new)

Amy | 25 comments I have yet to read the full series. I hope they are able to compare to the plums. Right now I am working on finishing the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. So many books... so little time.

message 9: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Reed (imabookshark) | 3 comments That's exactly how I feel! Hopefully you like the Sookie books.. those are pretty good. Do you watch the show?

message 10: by Kristan (new)

Kristan Reed | 8 comments Sookie books are one of my all time fave series... the HBO show does not even compare and I find it boring most of the time. I love series books as well, except that I find myself bummed when Im on the last book knowing the series is over or I have to wait a year for the next one. Im starting on Stephanie Bond's series...

Amy wrote: "I have yet to read the full series. I hope they are able to compare to the plums. Right now I am working on finishing the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. So many books... so little t..."

message 11: by Amy (new)

Amy | 25 comments I haven't seen the HBO show. However, I really like the books. Stephanie Bond's body movers is on my to read list also.

message 12: by Tasha (new)

Tasha | 4 comments Oooh, I agree the Sookie books are great!! I'm on book #3!!!

message 13: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) | 24 comments I am up to 15 on Plum and I own all of Full and never started it. I also have the Sookie books I am going to dive into as I hear they are great too. I am in a challenge to read 144 in 2010 i am hoping these will give me a fast start.

message 14: by Amy (new)

Amy | 25 comments Dawn,
All of your choices sound like winners to me! Good luck with the challenge.

message 15: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) | 24 comments Thanks I am never going to make it even halfway I am sure. I only read 22 this year but hopefully if I stick to shorter quick read books I will double last years number that will make me very happy. Also hopefully will have more reading time this coming year.

message 16: by Amy (new)

Amy | 25 comments I read a lot at night with a book light. My husband snores and it keeps me awake! :p

message 17: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) | 24 comments Reading in bed is really the only time I get to read and by the time I get there I am so wiped after like 5-10 pages I am falling asleep. Thats why it takes me so long to finish a book.

message 18: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 7 comments Dawn wrote: "I am up to 15 on Plum and I own all of Full and never started it. I also have the Sookie books I am going to dive into as I hear they are great too. I am in a challenge to read 144 in 2010 i am h..."

Hi Dawn! Im in the same challenge ( 144 books in 2010)
here on goodreads..Ive got some books lined up, and I should add the rest of the "Full" series..Ive read one of them, and have a couple more on my "tbr" stack~Thanks for the reminder!
I really like this series!

message 19: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 5 comments I have read all the full series, I just loved them all! I wish she would write more in this series. I also preferred when Max and Jamie were more prominent. I read the books first, then I follow up with listening to them. I think I prefer to listen, I love the voices of the characters.

message 20: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 5 comments Dawn, what a great goal. I set the goal of 50 books for this year and am currently at 117. I love that goodreads helps you keep track. Good luck.

message 21: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) | 24 comments Melissa wrote: "Dawn wrote: "I am up to 15 on Plum and I own all of Full and never started it. I also have the Sookie books I am going to dive into as I hear they are great too. I am in a challenge to read 144 i..."

HEY MELISSA,
YEAH I PROBABLY NOT GOING TO MAKE IT ANYWHERE NEAR THAT NUMBER BUT I LIKE THE GROUP AND THE PEOPLE IN IT AND I LOVE TRYING. PLUS MY SHELVES ARE FILLED WITH SO MANY UNREAD BOOKS. THATS REALLY MY CHALLENEGE IS TO READ WHAT I OWN SO I CAN DESERVE A SPULURGE AND GO BUY SOME MORE. HOPEFULLY WHEN I DO THEY WILL ALL BE ON SALE. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR CHALLENGE ILL LOOK FOR YOUR POSTS. SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS.

message 22: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 7 comments Dawn wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Dawn wrote: "I am up to 15 on Plum and I own all of Full and never started it. I also have the Sookie books I am going to dive into as I hear they are great too. I am in a challen..."

Hi Dawn, I think I have read about 25 books this year..Im not sure how many that I will be able to read in 2010, but the challenge does sound like fun!
I bet I have about 50 books on my tbr shelf, so Im ready to jump in and read as many as I can!
I will look for your posts on the challenge group also.

message 23: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) | 24 comments Yeah I am only at 21 I believe myself too. Like I said even if I just double that number this year I will be so happy. I look forward to yours as well. Happy Holidays.

message 24: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Just requested the entire Full Tilt series from the library. Hope they are as good as everyone says. I am looking forward to reading them. Up until now I have only read the Stephanie Plum series and I love those books!

message 25: by Marianne (new)

Marianne Kleminski | 5 comments I have read 3 of the Plum Series and I love them. I like how funny they are. I guess it will take me a while to read the rest. What is the Tilt Series about? How different?

TIA!

message 26: by Noelle (new)

Noelle (MissNoelleRenee) | 10 comments What is the tilt series about?

message 27: by Kelly (new)

Kelly I am getting ready to start the first book in the series. Hoping it is a good as the book I just finished :)

message 28: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Dawn wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Dawn wrote: "I am up to 15 on Plum and I own all of Full and never started it. I also have the Sookie books I am going to dive into as I hear they are great too. I am in a challen..."

I joined the 144 books in 2010 challenge as well. I have no idea how many books I normally read in a year but it should be fun keeping track. Good luck!

message 29: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 7 comments Megan wrote: "What is the tilt series about?"
Its been a couple of months since I read one of the Full House series..its about a lady who solves some crime, she gets involved with a "hunk"..and the characters and story line are really cute..(sorry that I couldnt think of a better review ) Im at work..and couldnt resist answering this question..

message 30: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) | 24 comments Kelly I will starting them as well soon. Hope u enjoy them. I see your from Ft Myers I was just there in Late November. The beach is so nice and my friends parenst have a house in estero.

message 31: by Kb (new)

Kb | 8 comments I have read all of Janet's series up to 15 waiting to get onto number 16. I have all of Sookie Stackhouse books - excellent read, and I am trying to get into the Dexter series Jeff Lindsay. However, my original impressions of Dexter was that due to his emotional detachment he should be keener to spot clues and enjoy killings. However on book 4, I am beginning to think of him as a bumbling nuisance rather than a thrilling mind. Anyone else finding it the same?

message 32: by Brittiany (new)

Brittiany | 3 comments I didn't realize these were a series with common characters. I thought they were stand-alone books. So they do need to be read in order then?

message 33: by Mrs. (new)

Mrs. Badass (mrsbadass) not really Brittiany, but it helps. You first meet max in book 1 where he is a young ecentric genius who blows shit up .. lol he is funny. then in book 2 he is an adult. I loved him and Jamie. And the Car =) She rocks too. Nightrider meet Janet Evanovich :)

I didn't love the last two as much.

message 34: by Brittiany (new)

Brittiany | 3 comments Thanks, Erika!

message 35: by Magpie67 (new)

Magpie67 | 77 comments Amy wrote: "I haven't seen the HBO show. However, I really like the books. Stephanie Bond's body movers is on my to read list also. "

I started this series.... I liked the first book! :-)

message 36: by Melissa ** (new)

Melissa ** | 11 comments I like all of Janet's books. I love anything that makes me laugh and she ALWAYS makes me laugh!!

unread topics | mark unread