Book Haven discussion

Dead Discussions > My comfort book/s...

Comments (showing 51-72 of 72) (72 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 2 next »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 51: by Jo (new)

Jo Jessica wrote: "Jo wrote: "I like to read books about messed up people Joe, dont know why "

Then you should read Paint it Black or White Oleander. Very good. :)"

I really want to read White Oleander! I've seen the movie and i thought it was great and i've been told that the book is loads better :) I will look up Paint It Black

Jessica~CoinOperatedJoy | 82 comments Jo wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Jo wrote: "I like to read books about messed up people Joe, dont know why "

Then you should read Paint it Black or White Oleander. Very good. :)"

I really want to read White O..."

They are by the same auther, Janet Fitch. She's very dark and has a lot of mommy issues but the books are beautifully written and very sad...I think you would really love them both. :)

message 53: by Jo (new)

Jo Someone agreed to swap Paint It Black with me on readitswapit today :)

Jessica~CoinOperatedJoy | 82 comments Jo wrote: "Someone agreed to swap Paint It Black with me on readitswapit today :) "

Awesome!!!! I can't wait to hear your take on it! I am still looking for someone to swap my books for 1984, Virgin Suicides, Middlesex and Germs, Guns and Steel. They are the last books on my "summer to read" list...oh and VOX. ARGH! :\

message 55: by Jo (new)

Jo I swapped my copy of Virgin Suicides last week. It was on the site for about 2 hours before it got snapped up :)

message 56: by Nona (new)

Nona (goodreadscomnona) | 102 comments on book swap sights are you just loaning the book or swapping it out for good? I have a few that I wouldn't mind swapping out however I'm not sure how it works.

message 57: by Jo (new)

Jo You put on the books you dont want anymore and then you swap them for a book you do want. You keep the book you got from someone else and they keep yours. At least thats how the UK one readitswapit works

message 58: by Nona (new)

Nona (goodreadscomnona) | 102 comments I'm in the US do you happen to know of any sites here?

message 59: by Jo (new)

Jo Umm i heard people talking about one called paperbackswap and one called book mooch... or something like that. Maybe you should google them names and see what it comes up with

message 60: by new_user (new)

new_user Nona, paperbackswap.com is a big one. Bookmooch.com is another. You swap your books permanently. :)

message 61: by Nona (new)

Nona (goodreadscomnona) | 102 comments I listed with pbs and wow, I've already got 5 on the way and three on the out. It's really easy I'm amazed I have not done this sooner.

message 62: by Jo (new)

Jo Thats great Nona :)

Jessica~CoinOperatedJoy | 82 comments I listed with PBS last night and have two books on their way and hopefully a third by week's end! AWESOME Stuff! Thanks for the heads up Jo!

message 64: by Jo (new)

Jo I signed up to the UK version about a week ago or maybe a little longer and i have already traded 8 books! Its great. Im getting books i really want for the price of postage and a book i dont want anymore :)

Jessica~CoinOperatedJoy | 82 comments That's brilliant! I am really digging the site so far. :) 8 books! You have a lot of reading to do!

message 66: by Jo (new)

Jo I have about 40 books at home that i havent read yet. I need to just lock myself away and read them before i buy more!

message 67: by Melissa (new)

Melissa 40 is a drop in the bucket! I have over 200. I don't know what's wrong with me! I, too, need to lock myself away. I told myself that in 2009 I would only read my personal bookshelf books and new releases in series I was caught up on. Didn't work.

message 68: by Ellen (last edited Aug 14, 2009 10:47PM) (new)

Ellen For me I dont really have any specific comfort books, just the books that I treasure and love to bits will do me good.
Haha, you two have heaps of books to read!! I wonder how long it will take you to read 200 odd books......

message 69: by Jo (new)

Jo Melissa, you definately need to lock yourself away and read your books! That will take so long and if you are anything like me you will still keep buying more books!

message 70: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I guess it's a safe addiction, this book buying. Not safe for my budget, but it could be worse!

message 71: by Jo (new)

Jo Yeah safe and fun!

message 72: by Ellen (new)

Ellen Melissa wrote: "I guess it's a safe addiction, this book buying. Not safe for my budget, but it could be worse!"

I wonder how good you would do on a book buying budget, only allowed to spend so much on books per fortnight or month! hehe. Thats a great relaty tv show idea!

« previous 1 2 next »

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Frenchman's Creek (other topics)
Matilda (other topics)
Cinderella Christmas (other topics)
After The Music (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

James Clemens (other topics)
L.J. Smith (other topics)
Meg Cabot (other topics)
Louise Rennison (other topics)