Young Adult Reader Club discussion

July's Books > Ink Exchange *NO SPOILERS*

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jenna (MissJenna) | 586 comments Mod
So far the second book of this series is great,I love the characters and can't wait to see what happens.

How do you guys feel about this book?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

This book was okay when I read it, but I didn't know it was a series, so I need to go back and start from the first book.

Linda,I think if you go back and read Wicked Lovely it may help you appreciate Ink Exchange more,there are quite a few details that wouldn't really make sense otherwise.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I think so too... I will read it in time. My library has Ink Exchange, but not Wicked Lovely. So, I will have to look for it a little farther than just my local library.

Yeah my local library does that with series books too sometimes,they'll have the second or third book but not the first. I'm sure you can track it down somewhere though.

Kristen It off shoots from the first book, so it's a little weird in the sequel sense. But supposedly book three is really meant to be the sequel, not this one? I don't know - really confusing on Marr's part or her publisher.

Out of the three (yes, I've read them all), this was my least favorite, but I still enjoyed it.

Yeah the fairy series by Holly Black (Tithe,Valiant and Ironside) did the same thing. The first book was about one group of characters and then second was about another group and then the third book was about the first group again,so that was kind of weird.

I look forward to reading Fragile Eternity,I've been wanting to just start reading it right now but I know I have other books I need to finish first.

Kristen Oooo, that's probably why I couldn't get into Valiant.. besides the horrid voice actor on the audio version.

Don't you hate having a list of books or a pile to read? You never feel you can just pick up a book and read it. Haha.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

My pile of books is never-ending! I keep adding to it and feel like I never get anywhere with it! I have some books to read next that will catch me up on some of the series I am reading (including Wicked Lovely), so that's good.

Kristen I keep looking at my piles of books and asking myself "When?"

I know what you mean Kristen,I keep on trying to make little goals for myself but then something comes up and it throws off the whole thing.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Wicked Lovely (other topics)
Ink Exchange (other topics)