Young Adult Reader Club discussion

What book would you like to see as a movie?

Comments (showing 1-36)    post a comment »
dateUp arrow    newest »

message 36: by Jαsmin (new)

Jαsmin (jasminismyname) | 1 comments Not all books should be made movies because sometimes they aren't done justice, but the books that I would like to see a movie would definitely be The House of Night series.

message 35: by Rashmi (new)

Rashmi Talpade | 2 comments Truly, Madly, Deeply. Truly, Madly, Deeply. by Faraaz Kazi

Would definitely make a nice movie if the director is able to do justice to the story.

message 34: by Katie (new)

Katie (KahneKS) Books should remain books...

message 33: by Dana (new)

Dana Duffy Backs | 25 comments Although the books were n't my favorite, I think The Luxe would make a great movie with the victorian sets and costumes. I'd also like to see anything by Libba Bray made in to a movie. I've heard The Invention of Hugo Cabret is going to be made in to a movie, I'm looking forward to that.

message 32: by Lily (last edited Jan 26, 2011 04:52PM) (new)

Lily | 8 comments I would love for Tales of the Otori by Lian Hearne to become a movie.

message 31: by Ally (new)

Ally | 1 comments I'd love for Hold Still by Nina Lacour, Fall For Anything and Some Girls Are both by Courtney Summers, and a few of Julie Anne Peter's books to make it on the big screen one day!

message 30: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 27 comments I think the Midnighters series by Scott Westerfeld would make a great movie. They were going to make a TV series out of it at one point, but eventually decided not to. (Which may be a good thing, they were going to age up the characters, and there's not that much to put on TV in 3 books, so they would have probably made a lot of stuff up).

Another Westerfeld book that would be good on screen is Leviathan, although it would probably be very expensive with all the special effects they'd have to do.

I also agree that the Mysterious Benedict Society would be great. It's a shame movie-makers seem to be focusing on YA paranormal romance, and ignoring all the other great books out there.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I am just reading The Hunger Games for the first time. I was thinking it would make a very good movie, but then I saw Michelle's comment above that it is going to be... awesome! :)

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I would like to see The daughter's Of The Moon seriese become a movies.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

House of Night? Really?!? That is exciting! I will have to look that up when I get home tonight.

message 26: by Pollyanna (new)

Pollyanna (Polly8) I have heard that the House of Night series will be made into a movie which is quite exciting. I would also like to see a series for Anita Blake.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Tαti❤ ¤tεαм נαcε¤ wrote: "I haven't read that one^^^ two of my friends said it was a great book. I'm excited for City of Bones to arrive on the big screen.."

I just went to Cassandra Clare's website and she has posted that it isn't for sure if there is going to be a movie about her books or not. Nothing has been confirmed.

message 24: by Kristen (new)

Kristen You should give them a second try Tati! They really are quite good.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes.. I'm gonna try to find it at the library.

message 22: by Julia (new)

Julia (andoran_g33k) Tαti❤ wrote: "I haven't read that one^^^ two of my friends said it was a great book. I'm excited for City of Bones to arrive on the big screen.."

I haven't read that series yet, but I've heard good things about it. The Mysterious Benedict Society is an awesome book, though. You should read it while you wait :)

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Kristen wrote: "Personally, I just heard about the Percy Jackson books becoming movies... SO excited! :)"

I watched the HP movie last night and saw the trailer.. I couldn't get into the books..

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I haven't read that one^^^ two of my friends said it was a great book. I'm excited for City of Bones to arrive on the big screen..

message 19: by Julia (new)

Julia (andoran_g33k) You picked your fiance well, Jenna. I think the Mysterious Benedict Society might be pretty cool as a movie.

message 18: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Ooo what a nice fiance. That would be an awesome graduation present!

message 17: by Jenna (new)

Jenna (MissJenna) | 586 comments Mod
Yeah I definitely want a Kindle but at this point it isn't something that I absolutely need,so I wont be getting one any time soon. My fiance said he may get me one as a graduation gift though,which would be so great!

message 16: by Kristen (new)

Kristen I'm so jealous.. but I try to be frugal about what I need and what I simply want.

message 15: by Jenna (new)

I would love to have a kindle that would be awesome!

message 14: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Yeah, I hear you on that Linda.. not that I have space to keep lots of books, but some you really just want to have and to hold. :)

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I use the library so much also because new books are so expensive, but I was looking at amazon.com at the Kindle store and it looks pretty reasonable. I can't wait to build up my library (even if it is kindle version). The thing I hate the most about using the library is having to give back the books when I love them. I want to be able to re-read them and cherish them.

message 12: by Kristen (new)

Kristen I would buy one.. if I could justify it. But I use the library enough that I rarely buy books. So, I can't justify it.. Although I long for one just in the general sense of wanting the latest book tech.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

:) It's a recent developement. I heard about it from a friend a couple weeks ago and then a coworker showed me one at work (and I in turn showed my husband) and he agreed it would be perfect for me!

message 10: by Kristen (new)

Kristen OOooo a Kindle *eyes go all sparkly* I'm jealous.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha I will add them to my hold list at the library. I've checked before if they were available and weren't, but I can get them from a close by library. As soon as I get my Kindle, I will be able to download books on the spot, but for now I need to stick to my library. :)

message 8: by Kristen (new)

Kristen You haven't read them Linda Grace? OMG girl.. go get the first one TODAY!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

The Host is another book I plan on reading in the near future! So many books, so little time.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I would love it if The Host were made into a movie as well as The Hunger Games!!!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Percy Jackson is a series I will definitely need to read BEFORE the movies start to come out! I guess I need to start them now! :)

message 4: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Personally, I just heard about the Percy Jackson books becoming movies... SO excited! :)

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (Michelle1105) | 57 comments I'm really looking forward to The Hunger Games becoming a movie!!! This is one of my favorite books.

message 2: by Alex (last edited Jul 02, 2009 02:18PM) (new)

Alex (alexwhitehall) I would love to see Neil Gaiman's American Gods on the screen--although it would work better as a miniseries due to it's length and depth.

message 1: by Jenna (new)

So many books have been turned into movies, which books would you be excited to see come to life on the big screen?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Hunger Games (other topics)
The Host (other topics)
City of Bones (other topics)
The Luxe (other topics)
The Invention of Hugo Cabret (other topics)
More...