Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Bogus Authors

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Marty (vmbear) | 6 comments While trying to use the import function a day or so ago I got entries for a number of items with the author's names fouled up. Eg., "Stout Rex" has only one item, which nobody has read and it has the same title as a book by "Rex Stout". Seems pretty suspicious to me. Is there a way to say a book was written by a completely different author than what is listed?

message 2: by Lisa (last edited Feb 16, 2008 09:14PM) (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 2365 comments Marty,

What's the title of that book? Probably not a bogus book; sometimes the authors get put in last name first. And then they can't be combined with other editions until the spelling of the author's name is corrected.

Marty (vmbear) | 6 comments No, not a bogus book, but assuredly a bogus author. The particular book mentioned is an audio tape of "Before Midnight". Thought I could correct this myself, but I guess not.

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 22347 comments Mod
You can ask to become a librarian -- they you will be able to fix things like that. :)

Meanwhile, I got this one.

Marty (vmbear) | 6 comments Thanks, Rivka. I had already asked, but hadn't gotten a response. It has now come through.

unread topics | mark unread