Book Haven discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Dead Discussions > Introductions...

Comments (showing 1,101-1,140 of 1,140) (1140 new)    post a comment »
1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 23 next »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1101: by Huw (new)

Huw Evans (DocHuw) | 140 comments Hi to all of you book-fiends out there. I was brought up reading and now cannot read anything like as much as I would want; things like work and family get in the way, all the time. I have two types of books; good ones and bad ones. Writing is too much of a privelege to be forced into restrictive pigeon holes (even though we all try)

message 1102: by wfpoppet (new)

wfpoppet Welcome to all the new members! ☺

message 1103: by Nissie (new)

Nissie | 2345 comments Mod
Hi, newbies! Welcome to the group :)

message 1104: by Whitebeard (new)

Whitebeard Books Hello fellow group members. I'm pleased to have been invited here and look forward to getting to know more about each of the members. I've posted a more indepth description of WhiteBeardBooks under the Chatterbox category so you can check there to better know about me.

message 1105: by Nissie (new)

Hi, Whitebeard! Welcome :)

message 1106: by Sayyeda (new)

Sayyeda Stark (babeinbookland) | 36 comments Hi, I'm Sayie. Seventeen years old from the Philippines. I love art and reading. :)

message 1107: by Nissie (new)

Hello, Sayie! Glad to have you join us :)

message 1108: by Sayyeda (new)

Sayyeda Stark (babeinbookland) | 36 comments Thanks :D

message 1109: by Diane (new)

Diane (Dyniy) | 82 comments Hi & welcome to the new members. I hope that you enjoy it here. ;-)

message 1110: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett Rains | 21 comments Hi everyone, I'm Scarlett Rains (a GR author). I've been out of touch (recent surgery) and have a long recovery ahead. I love to read! I collect the works of my favorite authors and usually will re-read their books. My taste is pretty eclectic, but I'm not really into vampires or fantasy (Except, I love me some Harry Potter!). I look forward to some good book rec's from all of you so I have plenty to read as I recover.

message 1111: by Nissie (new)

Scarlett wrote: "Hi everyone, I'm Scarlett Rains (a GR author). I've been out of touch (recent surgery) and have a long recovery ahead. I love to read! I collect the works of my favorite authors and usually will ..."

Hi, Scarlett! Welcome to the group. Wishing the best with your recovery :)

message 1112: by Nissie (new)

Elomari wrote: "I just noticed that I haven't introduced myself. My name is Elomari, and I am 27 years old in an hour and 15 minutes. Hoping I can expand my horizons here in this group. There is so many of you. We..."

Hi, Elomari! Welcome and Happy Birthday!!! :)

message 1113: by Diane (new)

Diane (Dyniy) | 82 comments Hi Scarlett. I hope we can help you recover quickly.
Hi & a very Happy Birthday Elomari & welcome to both of you. I'm sure that you will love it here. ;-)

message 1114: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (Azulbandit) | 2 comments Hello! I'm Lynn and live in northern California. Just joined goodreads yesterday and am already wondering why I didn't sign up sooner! Have always enjoyed reading a wide variety of genres. Am looking forward to engaging with, and contributing to, this group!

message 1115: by Nissie (new)

Hi, Lynn! Welcome to goodreads and the group! :)

message 1116: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett Rains | 21 comments Thanks, Diane! Time on my hands for once. :)

message 1117: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett Rains | 21 comments Nissie wrote: "Scarlett wrote: "Hi everyone, I'm Scarlett Rains (a GR author). I've been out of touch (recent surgery) and have a long recovery ahead. I love to read! I collect the works of my favorite authors ..."

Thank you, Nissie. Looking forward to getting to know everyone. :)

message 1118: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett Rains | 21 comments Elomari wrote: "Nissie wrote: "Elomari wrote: "I just noticed that I haven't introduced myself. My name is Elomari, and I am 27 years old in an hour and 15 minutes. Hoping I can expand my horizons here in this gro..."

Happy birthday and welcome, Elomari! I can't even remember being 27. :)

message 1119: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett Rains | 21 comments Diane wrote: "Hi Scarlett. I hope we can help you recover quickly.
Hi & a very Happy Birthday Elomari & welcome to both of you. I'm sure that you will love it here. ;-)"

Thanks. :)

message 1120: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett Rains | 21 comments Lynn wrote: "Hello! I'm Lynn and live in northern California. Just joined goodreads yesterday and am already wondering why I didn't sign up sooner! Have always enjoyed reading a wide variety of genres. Am looki..."

Welcome, Lynn. :) Who are your favorite authors? I collect all my fav's and read them over and over.

message 1121: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett Rains | 21 comments Sayie wrote: "Hi, I'm Sayie. Seventeen years old from the Philippines. I love art and reading. :)"

Hi Sayie. Welcom! :) Do you like a particular genre, or do you like a little of everything?

message 1122: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (Azulbandit) | 2 comments Scarlett wrote: "Lynn wrote: "Hello! I'm Lynn and live in northern California. Just joined goodreads yesterday and am already wondering why I didn't sign up sooner! Have always enjoyed reading a wide variety of gen..."
Hi Scarlett! Thanks for the warm welcome. That's a great question. Let's see ~ Jane Austen, Chris Bohjalian, Joyce Carol Oats, Anna Quindlin, Gail Tsukiyama, & Herman Wouk to name a few!

message 1123: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett Rains | 21 comments Hi Lynne! I am a Jane Austen freak! I enjoy J.C.Oats as well but am not familiar with the others, though Bahjalian and Wouk are ringing bells (through my pain-killing fog). I'll check them out! Have you read any Carol Atkins? (May be Adkins- I'm in bed with my foot up and can't get to the book!) She wrote 'One Good Turn' and other stories. One Good Turn just ran on PBS. It was wonderful, as are her books. She explores the personalities of her characters and affords them more depth than is typical. You might like her work. She has a writing style that I'd like to think is like mine. ...That could also be the pain meds talkin! :)

message 1124: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett Rains | 21 comments @Lynne, let's try this again before you frustrate yourself trying to find Carol Atkins/Adkins...should be Kate Atkinson! My prior message is a great argument against pain meds! :)

message 1125: by Sonya (new)

Sonya v.e. | 413 comments i also hurt my foot scarlett. i'm listing books on bookmooch to clear out my closet.

message 1126: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett Rains | 21 comments Sonya wrote: "i also hurt my foot scarlett. i'm listing books on bookmooch to clear out my closet."

Heh Sonya! Sorry to hear that. What did you do to yours? We can share 'foot' stories on this thread, too? :)

message 1127: by Sonya (new)

Sonya v.e. | 413 comments I sprained mine. I'm reading The Chase

message 1128: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett Rains | 21 comments Sonya wrote: "I sprained mine. I'm reading The Chase"

Ouch! Who wrote 'The Chase'? What genre is it?

message 1129: by Sonya (new)

Sonya v.e. | 413 comments clive cussler who writes marine-science fiction.

message 1130: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie (jerseyjezebel) | 3 comments Hi, everyone! My name is Bonnie and I absolutely love to read! I've been a member of GoodReads for a while but never got up the courage to post anything.

I started reading when I was 3 and just never stopped! I am severely hearing impaired, and when I was little we didn't have closed-captioning on our TV so I couldn't watch it. We didn't get closed-captioning until I was about 10, so up until then reading was my main source of entertainment. I think I read every single book in the children's section of the library!

Now I'm in my 30's and I have a Kindle, which I absolutely love to death! I have spent quite a lot of time in the hospital in the past couple of years so having the Kindle has been great!

I read mainly sci-fi/fantasy books but I have a weakness for chick lit as well...Jennifer Weiner type stuff. Right now I'm reading 1Q84 for the book club discussion on these boards. I hope I'll have something insightful to contribute! See you all soon! Feel free to add me as a friend.

message 1131: by Bridget (new)

Bridget Bowers (bridgetbowers) | 165 comments Welcome everyone. It's always so great to see so many fellow readers. I just feel there is nothing better or more exciting than losing yourself in a great story.

message 1132: by Nissie (new)

Hi, Bonnie! Welcome to the group. :)

message 1133: by Mel (new)

Mel Hi everyone! I'm Mel. I'm a total bookworm and also newbie to this group. :)

message 1134: by Nissie (new)

Hi, Mel! Glad you could join us. Lots of bookworms here :D

message 1135: by Bridget (new)

Bridget Bowers (bridgetbowers) | 165 comments Hi, Mel. So glad you could join us.

message 1136: by Diane (new)

Diane (Dyniy) | 82 comments Hello & welcome to Lynn, Sayie, Bonnie & Mel. I'm so happy that ya'll joined our group. I'm sure you'll love it here, I do. ;-)

message 1137: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett Rains | 21 comments Bridget wrote: "Welcome everyone. It's always so great to see so many fellow readers. I just feel there is nothing better or more exciting than losing yourself in a great story."

Thank you, Bridget and 'ditto'. :)

message 1138: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett Rains | 21 comments ~*~mel~*~ wrote: "Hi everyone! I'm Mel. I'm a total bookworm and also newbie to this group. :)"

Welcome, Mel. Glad you're here.

message 1139: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett Rains | 21 comments Nissie wrote: "Hi, Bonnie! Welcome to the group. :)"

Hi Bonnie! I almost missed you. :) Welcome to our group.

message 1140: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Stroube | 2393 comments Mod
I made a new introduction thread because this one is getting really difficult for people due to so many pages. I hope everyone re-introduces themselves in the new thread. :)

1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 23 next »
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Far from the Madding Crowd (other topics)
Tess of the D'Urbervilles (other topics)
Wolfwalker (other topics)
The Lord of the Rings (other topics)
A Game of Thrones (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Tara K. Harper (other topics)
Joel Arnold (other topics)
Candace Calvert (other topics)
Erik Singer (other topics)
Kay Hooper (other topics)
More...