Book Haven discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Dead Discussions > Introductions...

Comments (showing 1-50 of 1,143) (1143 new)    post a comment »

J.D. Stroube | 2393 comments Mod
Please feel free to introduce yourself...

Eastofoz Thanks for the invite Joy :)

Eastofoz wrote: "Thanks for the invite Joy :)"

Your welcome! I absolutely adore your posts in HR group. I figured you'd make a good addition here. Sorry its just the two of us so far...I just created it tonight...Hopefully it'll be more crowded soon.

Eastofoz I'm sure others will come along :)

Eastofoz wrote: "I'm sure others will come along :)"
I hope so...I am a really huge fan of goodreads so I figured I should give the whole creating groups a shot...LOL

Kathrynn Great Group idea, Joy. We need an icon...hmmm.

new_user Hi guys, some familiar faces, I see. ;)

Lauren | 244 comments Hi I really like this idea!

Adrienne | 286 comments hi! i'm here too!::

Melissa Hi! I came over by way of the Paranormal Romance group and the Romance Readers Reading Challenges group.

Julianna (AuthorJuliannaD) | 653 comments I think I know just about everyone here so far, by way of other groups I'm in. As a bookaholic I definitely belong here. My favorite genre is romance, but I often enjoy books in other genres too.

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Hi there! Thanks for the invite, Adrienne (Ahngel)

Hi, everyone!
I'm noticing a lot of my fav people from other groups. :) Thanks for joining!

Glad you like the idea. I was looking at the groups, and couldn't find a group quite like this one...Hope everyone enjoys it!

Dina (MissDina) Hello, everyone! Like I just said in the Love Scenes in Romance Books group, I read everything that lands in my hands, no matter the genre. My dad used to own a bookstore - he's retired now - so I "blame" him for this addiction of mine, LOL.

Dina wrote: "Hello, everyone! Like I just said in the Love Scenes in Romance Books group, I read everything that lands in my hands, no matter the genre. My dad used to own a bookstore - he's retired now - so I ..."

I sometimes wonder if being a bookaholic is genetic. LOL It certainly seems to run in my family!

Dina (MissDina) Joy wrote: "I sometimes wonder if being a bookaholic is genetic. LOL It certainly seems to run in my family!"

That's probably true, Joy. It runs in my family too! :)

Julianna (AuthorJuliannaD) | 653 comments I must be the oddball then, because I don't know anyone in my family who reads as much as I do.:-)

I wasnt a fan of reading until I turned 12. My best friend spent the night, and she was really involved in a book. She begged me to let her finish the last chapter. I was bored so I picked up a book, and ended up engrossed in it. The only books I read before that were the ones I was forced to in school.
After that night I fell in love with books. :) The rest of my family(moms side) are complete bookworms. LOL I am probably the worst of the lot though. :) And I am proud of it!

Ida (saiphero) | 21 comments Hi, there! I'm newbie and I'm bookworm.

Sai wrote: "Hi, there! I'm newbie and I'm bookworm."
Thanks for joining Sai! :)

Terri (TerriLovesCrows) | 184 comments Hi there. I am a voracious reader. Can't get enough! LOL Also read almost all genres (not so fond of westerns).

Stamatia | 3 comments Hello everybody! I like the idea of this group! Nice going Joy!

Hi Terri, I'm not a fan of Westerns either, but I love pretty much every other genre. :)

Welcome Stamatia! Thanks, and I hope that you enjoy our discussions! :)

Adrienne | 286 comments i like westerns::but like everything else i'm quite picky about what i read::anyone else like them?::

Kathrynn Julie (Mom2lnb) wrote: "I must be the oddball then, because I don't know anyone in my family who reads as much as I do.:-)"

Me, too, Julie. :-)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) Hi I'm Pamela. I love romance novels. Mainly romantic suspense and historicals. I like westerns but it's not my fave genre. My mom is a reader but she only reads christian romance now. My grandmother read too.

Dina (MissDina) Adrienne wrote: "i like westerns::but like everything else i'm quite picky about what i read::anyone else like them?::"

I've read some westerns but it's not my favorite genre. Anyway, I don't make a point of avoiding them. As long as a book looks interesting to me, I'll read it regardless of its genre.

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) I read any genre, with the exception of sappy romance novels. I'm Randi, and I am glad I found this group.

LuLu (calabrisella) Hi,

My name is LuLu and I'm pretty new to GoodReads. I joined in December 2008 after a friend recommended the site to me. It's been a great way to keep track of all the incredible books I've read. I look forward to seeing what all of you are reading so I can discover new "goodreads" to feed my addiction! :)

Feel free to add me as a friend on here!

Happy Reading!!
~LuLu

Lynda Hello group,

My name is Lynda and I am a compulsive omnireader. I read just about everything but science and math. I started reading when I was 4 and was reading college level when I was 8.

I read a lot of fiction and nonfiction. I also do a lot of online reading. That has cut back on my books. I used to read about 10 books a week, but since I got online I am down to an average of 3 to 5 a week. I read a lot of fanfiction. I do not list any on goodreads, but if anyone would like to discuss fanfiction, feel free to email me.

Karyn (HonestbutEvil) | 37 comments Hi

I'm Karyn. I'll read anything, and I don't have a favourite genre. When I'm not reading books I'm either reading magazines or riding. Every room in my house has a pile of books and some form of equestrian equipment.

BJ Rose (BJRose) | 360 comments Thanks for the invite, Joy, and I see lots of bookfriends here!

I do have a favorite genre - historical romance - but read almost any genre. I also enjoy paranormal romance, but am more selective there.

In the past year I've challenged myself to read more of the classics, and found some I really enjoyed - Far From the Madding Crowd and some I really didn't - Tess of the D'Urbervilles. Yes, same author, and one Dina avoids. But I figure I'll have to read one more by Hardy to break the tie - any suggestions?!

Jill Day (jillart) | 2 comments Hi, I'm Jill and I'm new. I love to read almost any genre - just love to read.

Ann Noell (FantasyAnnie) Hi, I'm Annie. I love to read but I'm also picky about what and who I read. My favorite genre is historical romance; medieval is my all time fave. If I'm going to read a western my fave would be Patricia Potter. I also enjoy paranormal romance. I'm not into contemporary unless it is paranormal, but my favorite author is Jayne Ann Krentz so I do read all her books under all her names and I will also read Christina Dodds contemporary books but that is about it for contemporary. I like fantasy with or without romance, but it is always better if there is a little romance going on lol...

Debra | 9 comments Hi all, new to this group, just joined yesterday. I love to read just about anything. Especially like authors like Steve Berry, James Rollins, Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child, Michael Connelly, John Connolly, Stephen King, etc. etc. Just love to read. It's my passion. Thanks for this group.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) Hi I'm Danielle. I love books way too much. Favorite genres: romance (historical, paranormal, interracial), fantasy (particularly urban and young adult), classic horror/pulp fiction, myths and folklore, and fairy tales. Thanks for the invite to join, Joy.

Rane (ranearia) Gatadelafuente (Danielle) wrote: "Hi I'm Danielle. I love books way too much. Favorite genres: romance (historical, paranormal, interracial), fantasy (particularly urban and young adult), classic horror/pulp fiction, myths and fol..."

HI Danielle! *hugs*

Gatadelafuente (Danielle) wrote: "Hi I'm Danielle. I love books way too much. Favorite genres: romance (historical, paranormal, interracial), fantasy (particularly urban and young adult), classic horror/pulp fiction, myths and fol..."

Your welcome! :)
Thanks for joining everyone!

Chasidy Hi everyone. I simply could NOT pass this group up. I look forward to joining in with all the discussions.

Chasidy wrote: "Hi everyone. I simply could NOT pass this group up. I look forward to joining in with all the discussions."

Hi Chasidy,
Welcome to the group! :)

Nikki ♥ Hi all, I thought this would be a neat group to join.

Hi Nikki,
Yes, it is fun, but I am biased. LOL

Michelle (In Libris Veritas) (Shadowrose) | 534 comments Hello all,

I'm Michelle, and I'm glad that Joy decided to invite me to this group. I can't wait to join in the discussions.

message 44: by BK (new)

BK Blue (paradoxically) Hello all. Chasidy is on my friends list and I saw she had joined this group, so I came to check it out. It looks fun!

...Hope this doesn't make me look like a stalker! lol

I'll read any genre, just as long as it is well written and keeps me interested.

Glad you joined Michelle! :)

No, BonFire it doesn't make you look like a stalker. LOL

Hope you guys enjoy the group! :)

Vicki (vicki507) Hi, I'm Vicki and I joined goodreads in Oct 2008. I am a bookworm and love to read every chance I get. I read a variety of genres and of late I have been hooked onto a variety of YA novels.

Tricia (TriciaSchneider) | 18 comments Hello! I thought this group looked really interesting. I'm a huge romance fan but I started branching out and reading other genres in my mid-twenties. Now I read anything I get my greedy little hands on!

Hi Vicki and Tricia!
Glad you both joined.

I'm hooked on romance, ya, and a lot of other genres too! :)

Chrissy315 Jones | 17 comments Hi! I am a bookaholic. I have books all over my house. I love really anything. My favorite genres are romanace, mystery and horror. I carry a book with me always. I feel naked without one.LOL

Shazzy Hi everyone! I'm already joined to a few groups on GR. I love reading and i'm hooked on PNR, UF and YA books!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 22 23
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.