Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2009 Challenge Archive > July Monthly Challenge: Participants' Lists Thread

Comments (showing 1-50 of 229) (229 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 8802 comments Here is where we post our official lists and update our progress.

1. Read a book which title starts with the letter "J".

2. Read a book picked from a July B-Day celebrant GR shelf. Be sure to specify whose shelf you pick it from.

3. Read a book whose author, setting or character is from the United Kingdom.

4. Summer Heat Theme: Read a book that has one of the following words in its title (Summer, Heat, Hot, Scorching, Fire, Sizzle, Flame, Burn, etc) or has a Hot Summer theme cover.

5. Armchair Holiday: Read a book that is set in a place you would love to go on a summer vacation.

6. Go West: Read a book that has a "Western" theme. (Think cowboys, etc. Can be historical or contemporary)

7. Culinary theme: Read a book that has a "food" name in the title, or a "food" picture on the cover, or a character working in the "food" industry (chef, cook, caterer, etc)

8. Nostalgia Moment: Reread a favorite book.

9. Explore-A-Genre: Read a Young Adult novel or a book with a teen as the main protagonist.

10. Read a book from our Group's shelf or if you joined the Pick-It-For-Me Challenge, your recommended book.

Challenge Duration: July 1 - July 31, 2009

You can choose 3, 5, 8 or all 10 categories depending on your reading speed, books availability and/or time commitment.

PS: You may post your list anytime you like, but NO READING for this challenge until the FIRST of July.

message 2: by Kasia (last edited Jun 27, 2009 10:41AM) (new)

Kasia The Julius House (Aurora Teagarden Mystery, #4) Prey (Shifters, #4) The Shack Heat and Dust The Lonesome Gods The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time [image error] Speaker for the Dead (Ender's Game series, Book 2)

1. J for July (book)............................The Julius House
2. B-Day Book...................................The Shack (Jes!)
3. UK................................................The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
4. Summer Heat................................Heat and Dust
5. Vacation Spot................................Prey
6. Western........................................The Lonesome Gods
7. Eat Me..........................................Raisin in the Sun
8. Reread..........................................
9. Young Adult.................................Speaker for the Dead
10.Pick-It-For-Me............................

message 3: by Annvelwis (last edited Jun 29, 2009 12:32PM) (new)

Annvelwis | 671 comments Jacob (Nightwalkers Series 1) Zen and the Art of Vampires (Dark Ones, Book 6) The Smoke Thief (Drakon, #1) Sizzle (Great Escapes) (Stolen Moments) [image error] Comanche Moon (Comanche, #1) The Kitchen Witch (Accidental Witch Trilogy, #1) (Berkley Sensation) You Slay Me (Aisling Grey, Guardian, Book 1) Blood and Chocolate

1. Read a book which title starts with the letter "J".
Jacob by Jacquelyn Frank
2. Read a book picked from a July B-Day celebrant GR shelf.
Zen and the Art of Vampires by Katie MacAlister
The Smoke Thief by Shana Abé
4. Summer Heat Theme: Read a book that has one of the following words in its title (Summer, Heat, Hot, Scorching, Fire, Sizzle, Flame, Burn, etc) or has a Hot Summer theme cover.
Sizzle by Jennifer Crusie
5. Armchair Holiday: Read a book that is set in a place you would love to go on a summer vacation.
The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
6. Go West: Read a book that has a "Western" theme. (Think cowboys, etc. Can be historical or contemporary)
Comanche Moon by Catherine Anderson
7. Culinary theme: Read a book that has a "food" name in the title, or a "food" picture on the cover, or a character working in the "food" industry (chef, cook, caterer, etc)
The Kitchen Witch by Annette Blair
You Slay Me by Katie MacAlister
9. Explore-A-Genre: Read a Young Adult novel or a book with a teen as the main protagonist.
Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause
10. Read a book from our Group's shelf or if you joined the Pick-It-For-Me Challenge, your recommended book.

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 670 comments 1. J Title- Eileen Wilks - Jacob's Proposal
2. B-Day Celebrant's Shelf- Lora Leigh - Nauti Boy (Paula's shelf)
3. UK Setting- Freya North - Pillow Talk
4. Summer Heat- Katie MacAlister - Fire Me Up
5. Armchair Traveller- Anya Bast - Witch Blood
6. Go West- Anthology - A wish, a kiss, a dream
7. Culinary Theme- Joanne Fluke - Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder
8. Nostalgia- Laurell K Hamilton - The Laughing Corpse
9. Explore a Genre- PC Cast - Chosen
10. Pick-it-for-me!-

Jacob's Proposal (Tall, Dark & Eligible) (Silhouette Desire #1397) Nauti Boy (Nauti Series, #1) [image error] Fire Me Up (Aisling Grey, Guardian, Book 2) Witch Blood (Elemental Witches, Book 2) A Wish a Kiss a Dream (Includes  Cowboys and Captives, #2) Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder (Hannah Swensen Mystery, Book 1) The Laughing Corpse (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #2) Chosen (House of Night, #3)

message 5: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ (last edited Jun 23, 2009 11:55AM) (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ (BriansGirlKate) July Monthly Reading Challenge
Challenge Duration: July 1 - July 31, 2009

1. "J" Title - James Potter and the Curse of the Gate Keeper by G. Norman Lippert
2. July B-Day - Eating for England The Delights and Eccentricities of the British at the Table by Nigel Slater (Paula)
3. UK - Divided by a Common Language: A Guide to British and American English by Christopher Davies
4. Summer Theme - Summer Mahogany by Janet Dailey (Americana Series: Michigan)
5. Armchair Holiday - Yesterday's Affair by Sally Wentworth (Postcards from Europe - UK)
6. Western - Crossfire Trail by Louis L'Amour
7. Culinary theme - Recipe For Love by Kay Clifford
8. Reread a fav book - Another Fine Myth by Robert Lynn Asprin (Myth Adventures Book 1)
9. YA novel - Now and Zen by Linda Gerber (S.A.S.S. - Students Across the Seven Seas)
10. Group's shelf - Agnes and the Hitman by Jennifer Crusie

message 6: by Melissa (last edited Jun 24, 2009 07:47AM) (new)

Melissa | 846 comments
1) starts with J - Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey
2) july b-day shelf (Jes) - The Host by Stephenie Meyer
3) UK - Happy Endings by Trisha Ashley
4) summer words - The Last of the Red-Hot Vampires by Katie MacAlister
5) vacation (Chicago) - Cherry Bomb by J.A. Konrath
6) western - Raven and the Cowboy by Sandra Chastain
7) culinary - State of the Onion by Julie Hyzy
8) reread - The Vampire Diaries The Awakening and The Struggle by L.J. Smith
9) young adult - The Vampire Diaries The Fury and Dark Reunion by L.J. Smith
10) pick-it-for-me -

Kristen This is what I have so far:

1. Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side
2. The Amber Spyglass from Paula's list
3. The Escape From Home
4. Daughter of the Flames
5. Vacation: TBD
6. Go West: TBD
7. Food: TBD
8. Oliver Twist
9. YA: TBD
10. TBD

message 8: by Sallie(Shuga) (last edited Jul 12, 2009 12:47PM) (new)

Sallie(Shuga) (Shuga) | 539 comments SALLIE'S JULY MONTHLY CHALLENGE:

1."J" IN TITLE: Just Breathe-Susan Wiggs COMPLETED 07.11
2.JULY B-DAY: Zen & the Art of Vampires-Katie MacAlister (Wendy)COMPLETED 07.07
3.UK: The Other Boleyn Girl-Philippa Gregory COMPLETED 07.06
4.SUMMER HEAT: Hot Stuff-Janet Evanovich
5.ARMCHAIR HOLIDAY: Light of the Moon-Luanne Rice
6.GO WEST: Montana Creeds: Logan
7.CULINARY: Sugar Cookie Murder - Joanne Fluke COMPLETED 07.02
8.NOSTALGIA MOMENT: Voyager-Diana Gabaldon
9.EXPLORE-A-GENRE: The 39 Clues-The Maze of Bones - Rick Riordan COMPLETED 07.12
10.PICK IT FOR ME: Still Lake - Mary Stuart

message 9: by Ann (last edited Jul 23, 2009 11:19AM) (new)

Ann Noell (FantasyAnnie) I have decieded to go for 5 books.

1. J in title: Jacob by Jacquely Frank 7-9-09
3. UK: Minx by Julia Quinn 7-2-09
4. Summer Heat theme: Running Hot by Jayne Ann Krentz 7/1/09
5. Armchair Holiday: When I Fall In Love by Lynn Kurland 7-6-09
8. Nostalgia Moment: Desire by Amanda Quick 7-18-2009 [image error] Desire Jacob (Nightwalkers, #1) Running Hot (Arcane Society, # 5) When I Fall in Love (De Piaget, #4)

This is my very first challenge and I did it lol... Done...............

message 10: by Toni (last edited Aug 01, 2009 08:57AM) (new)

Toni | 255 comments I'm going to attempt 5 books this month due to all the other challenges I have going on.

1. Starts with "J" - James Potter & the Curse of the Gatekeeper by G. Norman Lippert
3. UK - Shopaholic and Sister by Sophie Kinsella 7/31
7. Food - Watermelon by Marian Keyes 7/18
8. Reread - Vampire Diaries: The Awakening by L. J. Smith
9. YA - Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey 7/4

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ (BriansGirlKate) Toni wrote: "I'm going to attempt 5 books this month due to all the other challenges I have going on.

1. Starts with "J" - James Potter & the Curse of the Gatekeeper by G. Norman Lippert
3. UK - Shopaholic ..."

I see I'm not the only one who used the James Potter books for the "J" for June and July. :0)

message 12: by Shyloh (last edited Jun 24, 2009 12:57PM) (new)

Shyloh | 581 comments 1. "J".

2. July B-Day
The Darkest Night - Gena Showalter (Wendy’s)

3. United Kingdom.
The Seduction of The Crimson Rose - Lauren Willig

4. Summer Heat Theme
Natchez Flame - Kat Martin

Trouble In MudBug - Jana Deleon

6. Go West:
Promises Reveal - Sarah MacCarty

7. Culinary theme:
Satisfaction - Marianne Stillings

8. Reread a favorite book.
Sweet liar - Jude Deveraux

9. Young Adult
Ghost At Dawn’s House - Ann M. Martin

10. Group's shelf
Kiss And Tell - Cherry Adair

message 13: by DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (last edited Jul 02, 2009 02:49AM) (new)

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (DarkHeart) I was shocked to discover that with all of my unread books, I don't have any that start with the letter J. And as I don't have any westerns nor, I must admit, any interest in reading one, I'm going to go with eight books this month. Here is what I have so far...

1. July B-Day celebrant (Wendy): Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night by Kresley Cole
2. Set in the UK: Street Magic by Caitlin Kittredge
3. Summer Heat Theme: Witch Fire by Anya Bast
4. Armchair Holiday:
5. Culinary theme (cake on cover!): Many Bloody Returns - Tales of Birthdays with Bite Anthology
6. Nostalgia Moment: Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews
7. Explore-A-Genre: The Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan
8. From our Group's shelf: Tithe A Modern Faerie Tale by Holly Black

Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark,  #4) Street Magic (Black London Novels) Witch Fire (Elemental Witches, Book 1) Many Bloody Returns - Tales of Birthdays with Bite (Includes  Sookie Stackhouse, #4.2) Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) [image error] Tithe  A Modern Faerie Tale

message 14: by Shazzy (last edited Jun 29, 2009 10:58AM) (new)

Shazzy  | 1381 comments 1. "J" book title:Janey and the Band by Liz Berry (reread)
2. July B-Day book (Lori):Curse the Dawn by Karen Chance
3. UK setting:Art History by Kate Cann
4. Summer Heat Theme:Succubus Heat by Richelle Mead
5. Armchair Holiday:On the Prowl by Karen MacInerney
6. Go West:Winter Fire by Elizabeth Lowell
7. Culinary theme: The Chocolate Lovers' Club by Carole Matthews
8. Nostalgia Moment:Easy Connections by Liz Berry
9. Explore-A-Genre:The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong
10. Read a book from our Group's shelf: Eve of Darkness by S.J. Day

Janey and the Band  Sing the Blues, (Janey, books 1 & 2)[image error][image error][image error]The Chocolate Lovers' ClubEasy Connections (Cathy, book 1)[image error]Eve of Darkness (Marked, Book 1) Winter Fire

message 15: by Mel W (last edited Jul 01, 2009 12:29PM) (new)

Mel W (MelW) | 981 comments 1. "J" book title - Jacob by Jacquelyn Frank
2. July b-day - If Angels Burn by Lynn Viehl
3. UK - The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever by Julia Quinn
4. Summer Heat -
5. Armchair holiday -
6. Go West -
7. Culinary theme -
8. Nostalgia moment -
9. Explore-a-Genre - Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
10. Group's bookshelf -

Jacob (Nightwalkers Series 1) If Angels Burn (Darkyn, #1) The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1)

message 16: by Moderatrix Lori (last edited Jun 24, 2009 08:45PM) (new)

Moderatrix Lori  (ModeratrixLori) Here are my picks!

Jackson’s Pride ReneCade (Hawkins Brothers/Quinten, Montana, #3) Another Chance On Fire II All Play & No Work (Cattle Valley, #1 ) The Broken H (Ranch Series, Book 2) The Happy Onion Heaven Sent  Heaven and Purgatory Blue Ruin 2  Close to Me With Love (With or Without Series, Book 1)

1. Read a book which title starts with the letter "J" - Jackson’s Pride by Lynn Lorenz

2. Read a book picked from a July B-Day celebrant GR shelf. Be sure to specify whose shelf you pick it from - ReneCade by Cameron Dane (Paula)

3. Read a book whose author, setting or character is from the United Kingdom - Another Chance by Shawn Lane

4. Summer Heat Theme: Read a book that has one of the following words in its title (Summer, Heat, Hot, Scorching, Fire, Sizzle, Flame, Burn, etc) or has a Hot Summer theme cover - On Fire II by Drew Zachary

5. Armchair Holiday: Read a book that is set in a place you would love to go on a summer vacation - All Play & No Work by Carol Lynne

6. Go West: Read a book that has a "Western" theme. (Think cowboys, etc. Can be historical or contemporary)- The Broken H by J.L. Langley

7. Culinary theme: Read a book that has a "food" name in the title, or a "food" picture on the cover, or a character working in the "food" industry (chef, cook, caterer, etc)-The Happy Onion by Ally Blue

8. Nostalgia Moment: Reread a favorite book - Heaven Sent Heaven and Purgatory by Jet Mykles

9. Explore-A-Genre: Read a Young Adult novel or a book with a teen as the main protagonist - Blue Ruin 2 Close to Me by Katrina Strauss

10. Read a book from our Group's shelf or if you joined the Pick-It-For-Me Challenge, your recommended book - With Love by J.L. Langley

Kasia Steamy!

message 18: by Lara (last edited Jun 30, 2009 10:49AM) (new)

Lara | 109 comments 1. "J". Jude's Law by Lori Foster
2. July B-Day. Night Hawk by Lora Leigh from Nikki's shelf
3. United Kingdom. Rebel Angels by Libba Bray
4. Summer Heat Theme: Visions of Heat by Nalini Singh
5. Armchair Holiday: Perfect For The Beach by Lori Foster
6. Go West: Natural Disaster by Chris Owen
7. Culinary theme: Tempting Adam by Shelli Stevens
8. Nostalgia Moment: For One More Day by Mitch Albom
9. Explore-A-Genre: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
10. Pick-It-For-Me Challenge. Wicked The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire
Jude's Law (Law, #1) Night Hawk (Elite Ops, #2) Rebel Angels (Gemma Doyle, #2) Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling, #2) Perfect For The Beach (Includes  Dean Brothers & Friend, #2; Wilde Series, #6) Natural Disaster Tempting Adam (Seattle Steam, #2) For One More Day City of Bones (Mortal Instruments, #1) [image error]

Jes | 15 comments Kasia wrote: "The Julius House (Aurora Teagarden Mystery, #4)Prey (Shifters, #4)The ShackHeat and DustJonathan Strange & Mr Norrell[bookcover:The Lonesome Gods|..."

I hope you enjoy the shack as much as i did! let me know what you think.

Jes | 15 comments Melissa wrote: "
3) UK - [book:Happy Endings..."

let me know what you think of the host! i never discussed its awesomeness with anyone!

Jes | 15 comments Lara wrote: "Will add more later...

1. "J".
3. United Kingdom. Rebel Angels by Libba Bray
..."

i have never been more proud of you!

Kasia Jes wrote: "I hope you enjoy the shack as much as i did! let me know what you think."

Sure will do.

Melissa | 846 comments Jes wrote: "Melissa wrote: "
3) UK - [book:..."

I'll be sure to read The Host early in the month then!

Nikki ♥ | 1173 comments I'll post more later or add them on as I read them.

1. Read a book which title starts with the letter "J". Jewel of Atlantis by Gena Showalter

2. Read a book picked from a July B-Day celebrant GR shelf. Be sure to specify whose shelf you pick it from.

Jewel Of Atlantis (Atlantis, #2)

message 25: by Mary E. (last edited Jul 03, 2009 12:10PM) (new)

Mary E. (jujjy) | 125 comments OK, count me in. Like I need to do another challenge LOL! But goodness these darn things are addictive, and they definitely help a gal prioritize and chip away at her TBR list! I'm going to shoot for 7 of 10:

1. J: n/a
2. B-day: (from Wendy) Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon
3. UK: Dark Seduction by Brenda Joyce
4. Heat: The Darkest Fire by Gena Showalter
5. Summer: n/a
6. Go West: The Bounty by Beth Williamson
7. Food: Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke
8. Reread: n/a
9. YA: Her Wiccan, Wiccan Ways by Traci Hall
10. Pick-it-for-Me: Need by Carrie Jones

Moderatrix Lori  (ModeratrixLori) Lara wrote: "Will add more later...

1. "J". Jude's Law by Lori Foster
3. United Kingdom...."

You picked some good ones Lara! I've read the first two Gemma books, still need to read the third. LOVED City of Bones and of course the boys from Bareback and Natural Disaster are fabulous! Happy reading.

Lara | 109 comments Lori, Thanks! I was totally thought of you when I was filling out my list. That's what I am going to do from now on. "What would Lori read?" LOL!

message 28: by BJ Rose (last edited Jun 25, 2009 08:16PM) (new)

BJ Rose (BJRose) | 4090 comments Should be reading my last one for the June Challenge, but here I am posting July:

1. Title starts with the letter "J": Just Like a Man by Elizabeth Bevarly

2. July B-Day celebrant: Paula's shelf: Spell of the Highlander by KM Moning

3. United Kingdom author or setting: Woman in White by Wilkie Collins

4. Summer Heat Theme: Kiss of Fire by Deborah Cooke

5. Armchair Holiday: Ireland: Tears of the Moon by Nora Roberts

6. Go West: Apache Summer by Heather Graham

7. Culinary theme: Strawberry Shortcake Murder by Joanna Fluke

8. Nostalgia Moment: Angels and Demons by Dan Brown

9. Explore-A-Genre: Enchantment by Orson Scott Card

10. Book from our Group's shelf: The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

Just Like a Man (OPUS prequel) Spell of the Highlander (Highlander Series, Book 7) The Woman in White (Penguin Classics) Kiss of Fire (Dragonfire, Book 1) Tears of the Moon (Gallaghers of Ardmore / Irish trilogy #2) Apache Summer Strawberry Shortcake Murder (Hannah Swensen Mystery, Book 2) Angels & Demons (Robert Langdon, #1) Enchantment [image error]

Julie (Mom2lnb) (mom2lnb) | 1298 comments Count me in. I'll just post as I go.

Jackie M | 37 comments Count me in. I'll post my list later.

message 31: by Lindy-Lane (last edited Jul 31, 2009 11:14AM) (new)

Lindy-Lane (moonbacklit) | 354 comments Here's my list:
* Book that starts with "J": The Julius House by Charlaine Harris FINISHED 7/12

* Book from July B-Day celebrant GR shelf: Rumors by Anna Godbersen FINISHED 7/25

* United Kingdom theme book: When I Fall in Love by Lynn Kurland FINISHED 7/23

* Summer Heat theme book : Fire Me Up by Katie MacAlister FINISHED 7/29

* Armchair Holiday book: Honolulu by Alan Brennert FINISHED 7/28

* Go West book: Another Kind Of Cowboy by Susan Juby FINISHED 7/30

* Culinary theme book: Thou Shalt Not Grill by Tamar Myers FINISHED 7/17

* Nostalgia book: The Black Opal by Victoria Holt FINISHED 7/08

* YA book: Viva Vermont! by Melody Carlson FINISHED 7/02

* Group Shelf book: Have Glass Slippers, Will Travel by Lisa Cach FINISHED 7/05

The Julius House (Aurora Teagarden Mystery, #4) Rumors (Luxe, #2) When I Fall in Love (De Piaget, #4) Fire Me Up (Aisling Grey  Guardian, #2) Honolulu Another Kind Of Cowboy Thou Shalt Not Grill (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, Book 12) The Black Opal [image error] Have Glass Slippers, Will Travel

LibraryLass | 772 comments "J" title...

GR July b'day...

United Kingdom...

Summer heat...

Armchair holiday...

Western theme...

Culinary theme...

Nostalgia moment...

YoungAdult...

Group shelf...

-/-

Annie (themadnessofhamsters) First thoughts...

1. title starts with "J":
The Juniper game by Sherryl Jordan.

2. July B-Day celebrant GR shelf:
Lover avenged by JR Ward - from Nikki's shelf.

3. From the UK:
Lady of Milkweed Manor by Julie Klassen.

4. Summer Heat Theme:
Extremely hot by Jennifer Apodaca.

5. Armchair Holiday:
Beach blanket bad boys by Linda Lael Miller & others.

6. Go West:
The magic of Christmas by Carolyn Davidson and others.

7. Culinary theme:
The bridesmaid's gifts by Gina Wilkins.

8. Nostalgia Moment:
Good omens by Terry Prachett & Neil Gaiman.

9. Young Adult:
Quaking by Kathryn Erskine.

10. Group shelf/Pick-it-for-me:
TBC...

The Juniper Game (Point) Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) Lady of Milkweed Manor Extremely Hot Beach Blanket Bad Boys The Magic Of Christmas  A Christmas Child\The Christmas Dove\A Baby Blue Christmas (Harlequin Historical Series) The Bridesmaid's Gifts (Silhouette Special Edition #1809) Good Omens Quaking

message 34: by Maggie (last edited Jul 21, 2009 03:01PM) (new)

Maggie (MidnightWolfe) | 11 comments Since this is my first challenge, I'll start with 5, and see how I do from there...

2. July Birthday Shelf:
The Luxe by Anna Godbersen (Jes)

6. Western Theme:
Bright Eyes by Catherine Anderson

8. Nostalgia moment:
A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks - 7/13/09

9. Explore-A-Genre:
When It Happens by Susane Colasanti - 7/5/09

10. Pick-it-for-me:
Key of Light by Nora Roberts (recommended to by Valerie. Thanks Valerie!)

Lindy-Lane (moonbacklit) | 354 comments Maggie:

How did you get the green highlighted color to some of your text?

Maggie (MidnightWolfe) | 11 comments Lindy-Lane:

On top of the comment box, there is a green highlighted "add book/author" and you click on that, type in whatever, and then it will turn up as green, and as a link to whatever book/author you want. Hope that helps!

Lindy-Lane (moonbacklit) | 354 comments Thanks!

Maggie (MidnightWolfe) | 11 comments No problem! :)

Moderatrix Lori  (ModeratrixLori) Lara wrote: "Lori, Thanks! I was totally thought of you when I was filling out my list. That's what I am going to do from now on. "What would Lori read?" LOL!"

Oh, I'll corrupt you for sure :)

message 40: by Jan (last edited Jun 28, 2009 06:53PM) (new)

Jan (janlewis77) 1. Title starts with J - Jacob - Jacquelyn Frank
2. July B-day celebrant's shelf (Wendy) - One Foot in the Grave - Jeaniene Frost
3. author, setting, or character from UK - The Smoke Thief - Shana Abé
4. Summer Heat Theme - The Darkest Fire - Gena Showalter
5. Set in a place you want to go on vacation - (Colorado) Beneath a Rising Moon - Keri Arthur
6. Western Theme - (cowboy hero) Salt and Silver - Anna Katherine
7. Culinary theme - The Kitchen Witch - Annette Blair
8. Re-read a favorite book - Gale Force - Rachel Caine
9. YA book - Evermore - Alyson Noel
10. Read a book from the group's shelf - Storm Born - Richelle Mead

Kasia Oh, hi Jan!! Glad you've joined us ;)

Jan (janlewis77) Thanks! I'm excited. I tried to do June's challenge on my own, but I didn't finish. This time I have a better plan! :)

Kasia It's ok not to finish, it might leaves you somewhat dissatisfied , but that's all. Anyways, I'll keep my fingers crossed for July, hope the plan will work out!

Delitealex | 41 comments 1. title starts with J-Jacob by Jacquelyn Frank
2. July Bday Shelf
3. UK
4. summer heat
5. Armchair Holiday
6. western theme
7. culinary theme
8. Nostalgia moment
9. Ya-Glasshouses by Rachel Caine
10. Groups shelf

message 45: by Dalene (last edited Jul 20, 2009 12:35PM) (new)

Dalene  | 82 comments I am going to try 4 books as I just started Dragonfly in Amber a few days ago and will need to finish that before I can start on my list.

2. UK - World Without End by Ken Follett
5. Armchair Holiday - Pursuit of Happyness 7/20
9. YA - Eragon
10. Group's shelf - Dead Until Dark 7/15

message 46: by Laura (last edited Jul 15, 2009 05:22PM) (new)

Laura | 30 comments 1. J title: Jacob - Jacquelyn Frank
2. July bday shelf: Kiss of a Demon King - Kresley Cole. Lori's shelf 7/4
3. UK: Street Magic - Caitlin Kittredge or Dark Seduction - Brenda Joyce
4. Summer heat: Heat Stroke - Rachel Caine
5. Holiday: Deadly Desire - Keri Arthur. Australia 7/8
6: Western:
7: Culinary: Agnes and the Hitman - Jennifer Crusie
8. Nostalgia:Faefever - Karen Marie Moning
9. YA: City of Bones - Cassandra Clare
10. Challenge: If Angels Burn - Lynn Viehl 7/15

message 47: by Jane(Janelba) (last edited Jul 12, 2009 07:06AM) (new)

Jane(Janelba) (Janelba) | 769 comments 1. "J" book - J is for Judgment - Sue Grafton -
2. B'Day (Stephanie) - Lover Awakened - J.R. Ward -
3. UK - Yesterday's Affair - Sally Wentworth - 05/07/09
4. Summer Heat - Fire Me Up - Katie MacAlister -
5. Armchair Holiday - The Touch of Aphrodite - Joanna Mansell - 01/07/09
6. Go West - Once a Cowboy - Linda Warren - 12/07/09
7. Culinary - Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder - Joanne Fluke -
8. Nostalgia - The Story of Diana - Trevor Hall - 09/07/09
9. Y A Book - The Lightning Thief - Rick Riordan - 09/07/09
10. Group Shelf - Love Story - Erich Segal - 06/07/09

J is for Judgment (Kinsey Millhone Mystery) Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3) Yesterday's Affair (Harlequin Presents No 1668) Fire Me Up (Aisling Grey  Guardian, #2) Once a Cowboy (Harlequin American Romance) Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder (Hannah Swensen Mystery, Book 1) The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 1) Love Story

Kasia Dalene wrote: "I am going to try 4 books as I just started Dragonfly in Amber a few days ago and will need to finish that before I can start on my list."

Hi Dalene!! I'm happy to have you here with us, cracking the challenges. And I know , the Dragonfly in Amber, that's quite a thick book!

Kasia Jane! You're fast.

message 50: by Sharon (last edited Aug 15, 2009 06:14AM) (new)

Sharon Oslin | 125 comments 1. J for July (book)............................Jeremy Fink and Meaning of Life 7/30
2. B-Day Book (Jes).............................Someone Like You 7/22
3. UK................................................Remember Me? 7/05
4. Summer Heat................................A Thousand Splendid Suns
5. Vacation Spot................................The Last Summer 7/13
6. Western........................................The Man from Stone Creek
7. Eat Me..........................................Comfort Food 7/28
8. Reread..........................................Twilight
9. Young Adult.................................Inkheart 7/14
10.Group Shelf.................................The Devil Wears Prada
Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life Someone Like You Remember Me? [image error] The Last Summer (of You and Me) The Man From Stone Creek (Stone Creek, #1) Comfort Food [image error] Inkheart (Inkheart, Book 1) The Devil Wears Prada

« previous 1 3 4 5
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.