Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) Catching Fire discussion

president snow blood

Comments (showing 1-15 of 15) (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Aline Does anybody knows why after taking a sip of his drink at catching fire movie the president snows drink starts to getting red (like he bit his tongue and spilled in his drink)?. I don't remember this passage on the book and people are asking me if I know what happened.

message 2: by Breezy (last edited Nov 29, 2013 04:48PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Breezy The scene was not in the book, it was just something that just adds to the movie.

In Mockingjay, (view spoiler) (Source: Mockingjay Chapter 12).

I'm assuming that the movie is trying to hint at this fact, possibly foreshadowing for the third movie, with the scene where his drink starts getting red.

Kristen That wasn't in the book. They added it as foreshadowing, hinting that he's sick.
I'm not really sure if that would even happen whith whatever his condition is - I can't imagine why it would - but when he took the drink blood came up.

We don't find out till almost the end when Katniss goes to see him that he has that disease (I don't remember what) where he coughs up blood, and his symptoms are eased by being near the roses. Which was why they put white roses all over the movie.

Kristen Breezy wrote: "The scene was not in the book, it was just something that just adds to the movie.

In Mockingjay, [spoilers removed] (Source: Mockingjay Chapter 12).

I'm assuming that the movie is trying to hint..."

Oooh yeah, that's what it was. I forgot. It's been a while since I read them.

Aline Thanks...I forgot about his sickness and about the roses...I read 2 years ago so I didn't remember but that makes sense.

Kristen The scene might have been in the book if it wasn't from Katniss' POV.

Aline I will read chapter 12 again to know what is it...I'm curious

Ester Joy Portento Yup, totally agree it can be answered in the third book.

Ester Joy Portento Yup, totally agree it can be answered in the third book.

message 10: by Eml (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eml It's because he poisons people. He has sores on his mouth from drinking the poison too. The roses hide the smell.

Speciale Destinee He's a Snake.

message 12: by Neha (new) - rated it 5 stars

Neha Snake with poison and blood!

Aline Yes he is...

message 14: by Neha (new) - rated it 5 stars

Neha He's hella venomous! Sorry i had to say that XP

Jennifer Aline wrote: "Does anybody knows why after taking a sip of his drink at catching fire movie the president snows drink starts to getting red (like he bit his tongue and spilled in his drink)?. I don't remember th..."

Foreshadowing to his death in MockingJay

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Catching Fire (other topics)