The Golden Dynasty (Fantasyland, #2) The Golden Dynasty discussion

Books like this?

Comments (showing 1-25 of 25) (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Summer Yaxley I LOVED the style of this book, like the era of time.
Are there any romances set in a similar setting please?

Hayley Faiman I havent come across any... Kristen Ashley is amazing!! I've read everything she has written and love them all!!

Teen You need to read the other two books in this series (Fantasyland Series).
The 1st in the series is Wildest Dreams (Fantasyland, #1) by Kristen Ashley...and the 3rd book is Fantastical (Fantasyland, #3) by Kristen Ashley... Though, Golden Dynasty is the best of the three...you will still enjoy them.. BTW.. She is currently writing the 4th book... Cannot wait!

Summer Yaxley I've read them:)

Anne Not set in a world like Golden dynasty, but has time travel and very good read
Time's Enduring Love

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm looking for the same thing - I loved this book and want something similar but can't find it. My only suggestion is watching the first season of Game of Thrones (Daenarys & Khal have the same kind of relationship as Circo & Lahn). I will warn you though (view spoiler). Hope that helps!

Hayley Faiman i cried when the unhappiness with Daenarys and Khals story!!!

Leonor I loved this one, though I was kind of scared because I'd known about the rape scenes and I didn't think that dark was really Kristen Ashley's style but I had no reason to fear because the book was awesome! Don't think I can ever find anything like this again but I would love to try.
Ps: Daenarys and Khal's story is very similar, probably one of the reasons why I enjoyed the book so much. Both the books and the serie are great, so cheek it out!

Monnom I love this book too. I'm also looking for other books similar to this one although just as Leonor said, it may be difficult to find something as good as this.

This book also reminds me of GoT Khal and Danny. T_T

Yvette OOO I loved this one. It's actually the reason I started watching Game of Thrones....then I stopped watching Game of Thrones when HE dies! WHAT?!! I was flabbergasted I didn't want him to die.

LOVE ME SON JASON MOMOA! :D

Kalyee C L Wilson -Lord of the fading Lands
Linda Mooney -The Battle Lords Lady

And while not set in the same time period

Transendance by Shay Savage

Has a similar bent in culture/communication issues with a touch of time travel thrown in :)

Irish a few days after reading this awesome book, i still can't get over it. My Pinterest feed is flooded with Jason Momoa, Khal Drogo and Daenerys..

Hmmm... my physical body is in the Philippines but my head is still in Korwahk apparently :)

Sönïa Dhillion Teen wrote: "You need to read the other two books in this series (Fantasyland Series).
The 1st in the series is Wildest Dreams (Fantasyland, #1) by Kristen Ashley...and the 3rd book is Fantastical (Fantasyland, #3) by Kristen Ashley... T..."

Sorry to disappoint you the 4th book broken dove ain't that good.

message 15: by Bev (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bev Sönïa wrote: "Sorry to disappoint you the 4th book broken dove ain't that good. "

I absolutely LOVED Broken Dove - old style KA at her best and is a perfect addition to the series

Sönïa Dhillion Bev wrote: "Sönïa wrote: "Sorry to disappoint you the 4th book broken dove ain't that good. "

I absolutely LOVED Broken Dove - old style KA at her best and is a perfect addition to the series"

Well good for you bev but for me it was not my cup of tea I just thought the heroine character was a Hippocrates am not being mean so do not take it wrong way but the heroine kept saying I want to be independent yet she she did nothing whereas others series heroine did all the heroine in broken dove did was be nice to the children got pregnant had lots of sex with her husband that's it whereas other heroine in the series done alot more.

message 17: by Bev (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bev To be honest she tried to be independent and almost got killed by her ex husband. So, she gets to a whole new world, she knows no-one, doesn't understand the predicament she is in, the language, the people, a whole NEW world and has nothing at all but her dream to become independent. How does that make her inferior to others? That makes her all the more awesome in my book. Sorry but I can't kick someone when they are down and she was so down it took her everything she had and then some to pick herself up again. Kudos to Maddie, she rocks.

Fireflies Fighting DestinyTaunting DestinyEscaping Destiny

This is the only other series that I love just as much as the fantasyland series by Kristen Ashley. Check it out.

Arielka Warprize
Because of Warprize, I found The Golden Dynasty.
You will love it!

message 20: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Hello! Thanks for the recommendations. I found Master of Crows but I can't find Warprize in the kindle store.....is it available in ebook form???

message 21: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Also, I totally agree with Fireflies- the Fae Chronicles by Amelia Hutchins is brilliant!!

message 23: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Kalyee wrote: "http://www.amazon.com/Warprize-Chroni...#"

Thank you :) but I was hoping to get the ebook form.. I googled it and it said something like "unavailable to purchase at this time" or something...so I'm thinking it's because I'm in Ireland :(

Kalyee Ohhh sorry! I don't know about Ireland. It shows up as ebook for me, but I'm using the US Amazon.

message 25: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Kalyee wrote: "Ohhh sorry! I don't know about Ireland. It shows up as ebook for me, but I'm using the US Amazon."

I really want it now - because I can't have it... Typical! Hopefully it won't take long before it's available.

I started Master of Crows...so far so good :)

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Golden Dynasty (other topics)
Wildest Dreams (other topics)
Fantastical (other topics)
Time's Enduring Love (other topics)
Warprize (other topics)
More...