SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Challenges: What's the Rush > "Immortals After Dark" Series Read 2014

Comments (showing 1-50 of 265) (265 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (last edited Sep 30, 2014 03:00PM) (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 21256 comments Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark
Voted as our 2014 series read

Members are welcome to read as few or as many as they'd like. The series read will run from 1 Jan - 31 Dec 2014. You may list and track your books here, use the group challenge, or both. It's up to you. **For instructions on how to set up a challenge-specific shelf, see Lauren's post. This challenge will be open 1/1/2014.

Please feel free to share your thoughts on the books as you read. I ask that you use spoiler tags to avoid spoiling something for someone who hasn't yet read the book.

This blog offers a character guide for Cole's IAD and Dacians series.

Series Order:
* Verified reading order on author's website
1: The Warlord Wants Forever
2: A Hunger Like No Other
3: No Rest for the Wicked
4: Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night
5: Dark Needs at Night's Edge
6: Dark Desires After Dusk
7: Kiss of a Demon King
8: Deep Kiss Of Winter
9: Pleasure of a Dark Prince
10: Demon from the Dark
11: Dreams of a Dark Warrior
12: Lothaire
13: MacRieve
14: Dark Skye

The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1) by Kresley Cole A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3) by Kresley Cole Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #4) by Kresley Cole Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #5) by Kresley Cole Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6) by Kresley Cole Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark, #7) by Kresley Cole Deep Kiss Of Winter (Includes Immortals After Dark, #8; Alien Huntress, #4.5) by Kresley Cole Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark, #9) by Kresley Cole Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark, #10) by Kresley Cole Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark, #11) by Kresley Cole Lothaire (Immortals After Dark, #12) by Kresley Cole MacRieve (Immortals After Dark, #13) by Kresley Cole Dark Skye (Immortals After Dark #14) by Kresley Cole

Danielle Book Mafia Enforcer- Mad Rogan's Boo (DanielleBookBoss) | 584 comments Ohhh tempted to re-read...One of my favorite series.

message 3: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 16599 comments I'm in!

message 4: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 677 comments I'm excited for this! I hear so much about it and have never started. Can't wait!

message 5: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 21256 comments Same, Nichole. I've read the first two and have been meaning to get to the rest. I'll have to make a point to read along on this one.

Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ | 5359 comments What about MacRieve (Immortals After Dark, #13) by Kresley Cole?

and are you cutting it a bit close to set reading like 1 Jan - 31 Dec 2013? :-)

message 7: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 21256 comments Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ wrote: "What about MacRieve (Immortals After Dark, #13) by Kresley Cole?

and are you cutting it a bit close to set reading like 1 Jan - 31 Dec 2013? :-)"

Smarty pants! >;) Nah, thanks for the catch! I've updated the dates.

We will only be hosting the (re)read one-book-a-month Jan-Dec, but you're welcome to keep on reading. :) Dark Skye, book #14, is due out 8/2014.

message 8: by Lis (new)

Lis | 2677 comments I've only read the first couple in the series too. I even snagged most from the Borders going out of business sale, but I've turned into a paperback snob. I'll try to join in too.

Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ | 5359 comments I've read all of them...and sometime does an occasionnal re-read.

message 10: by ThatEzi (last edited Nov 19, 2013 10:06AM) (new)

ThatEzi  (Oh My Shelves) (Ezinwanyi) | 1769 comments I will join...I can't say I am super excited, but I did enjoy books 1-3...then I waited 6 months to read 4 and 5 and was super lost:(

Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ | 5359 comments Yeah, many of the action in all the books are taking place at the same time so it's a bit of a puzzle but it's half the fun of those books....and Nix.

message 12: by ThatEzi (new)

ThatEzi  (Oh My Shelves) (Ezinwanyi) | 1769 comments Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ wrote: "Yeah, many of the action in all the books are taking place at the same time so it's a bit of a puzzle but it's half the fun of those books....and Nix."

I am one of the few who found that nutjob really annoying. She was truly crazy and needs help.

Danielle Book Mafia Enforcer- Mad Rogan's Boo (DanielleBookBoss) | 584 comments Ezinwanyi~For you, Agron wrote: "Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ wrote: "Yeah, many of the action in all the books are taking place at the same time so it's a bit of a puzzle but it's half the fun of those books....and Nix."

I am one of the..."

Ezi how can you not just love Nucking Futs Nix hahaha. She is the highlight of the series! There has been speculation (view spoiler).

message 14: by Daffodil (new)

Daffodil (Daffodil--RIPCranberry) | 1955 comments This is good for me, Immortals After Dark has been on my TBR forever and I've still only read the first two.

message 15: by ThatEzi (new)

ThatEzi  (Oh My Shelves) (Ezinwanyi) | 1769 comments Danielle Cause I'm the Book Boss wrote: "Ezinwanyi~For you, Agron wrote: "Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ wrote: "Yeah, many of the action in all the books are taking place at the same time so it's a bit of a puzzle but it's half the fun of those b..."

about the spoiler...Just shoot me now. I actually like Torin!

message 16: by Gea (new)

Gea (Gea89) I'm just starting with the series, will read A Hunger Like No Other soon but will probably leave the rest for next year

message 17: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 2164 comments I only have one word for you: AUDIOBOOK.

The narrator for this series is one of the best romance narrator I've ever listened. He converted me into the series - I read the first couple of books and was just meh. But now, I pre-order the audios as they come out.

Only books 9, 10 & 11 are left to be released. #9 is coming out in early December and according to S&S, #10 and #11 will come out in March and May of next year.

message 18: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 21256 comments Ah, good idea, DG. I'll have to see if I can snag some of hubby's Audible credits for this one. >;)

message 19: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 2164 comments Just listen to a sample. I've never heard Scottish accents so scrumptious! He does all the accents so well and he just gives it his all. The love scenes are blush inducing. (Robert Petkoff, I love you!!)

Just note that #1 is not narrated by him.

message 20: by ~Melissa~ (last edited Dec 20, 2013 04:21PM) (new)

~Melissa~ | 858 comments SOS - Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark

this is where I stopped - will pick up from here with you guys

6: Dark Desires After Dusk
7: Kiss of a Demon King
8: Deep Kiss Of Winter
9: Pleasure of a Dark Prince
10: Demon from the Dark
11: Dreams of a Dark Warrior
12: Lothaire
14: Dark Skye (due out 8/2014)

message 21: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 858 comments Ezinwanyi~For you, Agron wrote: "Danielle Cause I'm the Book Boss wrote: "Ezinwanyi~For you, Agron wrote: "Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ wrote: "Yeah, many of the action in all the books are taking place at the same time so it's a bit of ..."

Oh - I like Torin too - that sounds just mean

message 22: by ThatEzi (last edited Aug 01, 2014 02:17PM) (new)

ThatEzi  (Oh My Shelves) (Ezinwanyi) | 1769 comments That character guide is very helpful (the wicked scribe one).

On Audio:
Read 6 of 9

☑6: Dark Desires After Dusk (Done 3/25) ★★★★½
☑7: Kiss of a Demon King (Done 4/13) ★★★★½
☑8: Untouchable (Done 5/26) ★★★★
☑9: Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Done 6/16) ★★★★★
☑10: Demon from the Dark (Done 6/25) ★★★★½
☑11: Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Done 7/22) ★★★★
12: Lothaire--up next
14: Dark Skye(TBP on August 2014)
Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6) by Kresley Cole Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark, #7) by Kresley Cole Untouchable by Kresley Cole Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark, #9) by Kresley Cole Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark, #10) by Kresley Cole Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark, #11) by Kresley Cole Lothaire (Immortals After Dark, #12) by Kresley Cole MacRieve (Immortals After Dark, #13) by Kresley Cole Dark Skye (Immortals After Dark, #14) by Kresley Cole

Danielle Book Mafia Enforcer- Mad Rogan's Boo (DanielleBookBoss) | 584 comments ~Melissa~ wrote: "Ezinwanyi~For you, Agron wrote: "Danielle Cause I'm the Book Boss wrote: "Ezinwanyi~For you, Agron wrote: "Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ wrote: "Yeah, many of the action in all the books are taking place ..."

Well that was just from a novella, I doubt if it happens. I haven't read the last LOTU so I'm sure things have changed especially since Torin's book is coming out in the next few months.

message 24: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 21256 comments I'll do that, DG, thanks :D

message 25: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (MsThestral) | 1290 comments I'm really enjoying this series. I'm up to Lothaire - looking forward to the discussion and possibly a re-read :0)

Danielle Book Mafia Enforcer- Mad Rogan's Boo (DanielleBookBoss) | 584 comments Lauren wrote: "I'm really enjoying this series. I'm up to Lothaire - looking forward to the discussion and possibly a re-read :0)"

Lothaire's book was one of my favorites!

message 27: by Logan (new)

Logan  (loganturner) | 243 comments Picked up Warlord Wants Forever today. The Kindle version is $1.99!

message 28: by Josie (new)

Josie | 1911 comments I love these books, one of my two favourite PNR series :)

message 29: by Christina T (new)

Christina T (crysteena73) | 179 comments I have been reading this series completely out of order and have only read 4 or 5. I would love to have a reason to finally pick them all up!

message 30: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (MsThestral) | 1290 comments Christina wrote: "I have been reading this series completely out of order and have only read 4 or 5. I would love to have a reason to finally pick them all up!"

This read along may give you incentive to start from the beginning, Christina! ;0)

message 31: by Christina T (new)

Christina T (crysteena73) | 179 comments Lauren wrote: "This read along may give you incentive to start from the beginning, Christina! ;0) "

Maybe it just will Lauren! LOL

message 32: by Amanda (new)

Amanda dalon (AmandaAnn) | 2 comments Danielle Cause I'm the Book Boss wrote: "Ezinwanyi~For you, Agron wrote: "Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ wrote: "Yeah, many of the action in all the books are taking place at the same time so it's a bit of a puzzle but it's half the fun of those b..."

saw kresley in nola book signing lasy year, she said no torin for nix however nix alpha has been choosen from the get go......

message 33: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 16599 comments Interesting!!! We'll have to try and figure it out as we read along next year ;)

message 34: by Jenifer (new)

Jenifer (jensamaha) | 6 comments Oooh! I'm so glad this series was chosen! I've read books 2 & 3 (got confused with the order lol) and am looking forward to reading the series with all of you.

message 35: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 21256 comments Glad to see we'll have some members participating in the series read. :D Remember, after 1/1/14, you can start using the challenge feature, if you'd like, or stick with sharing your progress here. If you choose to use the challenge feature, you'll need to create a shelf (within your personal bookshelves) to tie to this challenge. Then, whenever you mark one of those books read in 2014 it'll automatically update your challenge stats within the group.

message 36: by Christina T (new)

Christina T (crysteena73) | 179 comments Can someone walk me through on how to create a shelf to tie to the challenge please? I uploaded all my books from shelfari and all my shelves were already created from my tags from shelfari so I didn't have to do anything to make them. How do they tie in to the group here?

message 37: by Lauren (last edited Dec 14, 2013 02:01AM) (new)

Lauren (MsThestral) | 1290 comments Hi Christina,
Here are the steps to creating a shelf and linking it to the challenge widget:

Create a shelf:
1. Click on the My Books tab at the top of the GR homepage.
2. On the left hand side, click on edit next to the greyed out "bookshelves"
3. Put in the name of the shelf that you want to create in the "Add a Shelf" box and click "add"

Connect to challenge widget:
1. The challenge widget doesn't seem to be active yet but when it becomes active you click on the "Immortals After Dark Series Read" link on the SOS homepage.
2. In the "My goal is to read" box put how many books you want to read from the series
3. In the "Enter a shelf name for this challenge" box put the name of the shelf you created (make sure you include the dashes ("-") if there are any in the name) and click "save".
4. Add the books to the shelf by tagging them and when you mark the book as "read" the widget will automatically update.

Hope this helps :0)

message 38: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 16599 comments Well done Lauren. Pretty sure we can't activate the IAD Challenge till the BDB Challenge is finished. That's why it isn't up and running yet.

message 39: by Christina T (new)

Christina T (crysteena73) | 179 comments Thanks Lauren. Super helpful as always!

message 40: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (MsThestral) | 1290 comments Sandra wrote: "Well done Lauren. Pretty sure we can't activate the IAD Challenge till the BDB Challenge is finished. That's why it isn't up and running yet."

Thanks Sandra.

You're welcome, Christina :0)

message 41: by Candy (new)

Candy J | 4 comments I'm in for this challenge heard a lot about this series and since I'm new to the group this will be fun to share with all of you!

message 42: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 16599 comments Yay Candy!!

message 43: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 21256 comments Thanks, Lauren; I added a link to your instructions in my initial post in case others need help as well.

message 44: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (MsThestral) | 1290 comments Steph wrote: "Thanks, Lauren; I added a link to your instructions in my initial post in case others need help as well."

Glad to help :0)

message 46: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 21256 comments Welcome Jennifer!

Romance Bookaholic (RomanceBookaholicTraveler) | 6 comments I'm in.

Athena Shardbearer | 2 comments I'm in!

message 49: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 21256 comments Yay! Welcome!

message 50: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1 comments My first challenge on goodreads! Ao excited. I'm in! =)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Warlord Wants Forever (other topics)
A Hunger Like No Other (other topics)
No Rest for the Wicked (other topics)
Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (other topics)
Dark Needs at Night's Edge (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kresley Cole (other topics)