Insurgent (Divergent, #2) Insurgent discussion

When does the US Paperback come out?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 51) (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Tiare I have Divergent in paperback, and I like to buy all of my books in the same edition (paperback or hardcover) so I've been waiting for Insurgent to come out in paperback so I can buy it... only... it's taking forever. Usually it takes about a year for a book to be released in paperback, but it's been well over a year since Insurgent was first released (which was May of 2012)

So, my question is, has anybody heard any news about the paperback release date?

Brittney It's probably going to be a while still. Allegiant literally just came out, so I'm sure the publishing house is waiting for it's hype to down down enough to where re-releasing Insurgent in paperback would bring the hype back up again.

Jennifer It used to be a year or so before they would come out, but now it's taking a lot longer. I know they released the paperback of Catching Fire just before the movie opened (the second time around, anyway; it was paperback at one point before). Luckily I found a paperback version it and Mockingjay a few months before they'd sell it in stores (Thanks, Scholastic!)

message 4: by Haley (new) - added it

Haley Miller Walmart is doing a preorder for insurgent paperback and it says it will ship April 30th of this year.

message 5: by Nancy (new)

Nancy What do you mean a preorder? You mean it will be available at Walmart at the end of April or beginning of May?

Candi This is good to know. I've been trying to find out the release date too! I like to get mine in the same type as well! :D

message 7: by Tara (new)

Tara I looked on Amazon, apparently the UK already has paperbacks of the whole series.

Candi They do but they're not the same covers.

Precious Candi wrote: "They do but they're not the same covers." Yea. I'm quite fond of the US covers. the UK covers are pretty, but..Yea.

Haley wrote: "Walmart is doing a preorder for insurgent paperback and it says it will ship April 30th of this year."Thank you! I now have something to look forward to,& hopefully be at my walmart.!

Jennifer I just went to WalMart and no longer see the paperback version available. Did anyone order it? I'm curious to find out what's going on...

ThePenguinReader if you like YA then join our group:

YA READ-A-LONG
We do read-a-longs and read-a-thons and discuss amazing books

peace out!!

message 12: by Lauren (new) - added it

Lauren Here's another place you can buy the paperback: http://www.booksamillion.com/p/Insurg...

I've never purchased from books a million, but it looks like they're shipping on 4/30 too. I don't see the book on Walmart anymore...

Jennifer I copied and pasted the ISBN from BAM to Barnes and Noble and it says the publish date is in 2075 :-/

message 14: by Lauren (new) - added it

Lauren I haven't been swept away by the knowledge of Barnes & Noble prior to release. My plan is just to walk into a B&N on the 30th/1st and try my luck. I want to give B&N my business as much as possible!

Candi What? What do you mean you haven't been swept away? And I love B&N too!

message 16: by Lauren (new) - added it

Lauren They never seem to have much advance knowledge of a release date for a book-unless it's within a week or two. They can't usually help me with a date or a pre-order because no info is available, or the date is something ridiculous like 2075. Not all B&N's fault, I know it's mostly the subtle art of publishing. But I usually don't use the B&N site as the fore-front of publication dates for pre-released books.

Candi That's true. I haven't found it anywhere to pre-order.

Jennifer It depends on the book. There's a James Patterson book I want that comes out tomorrow and I've known for a few months that it would come tomorrow.

Candi I would think Insurgent would be one of the books we know about, this is the first one I haven't been able to find the release date for the paperback.

message 20: by Leigh (new)

Leigh I like the UK covers. Hate the covers with movie frames. It ruins them

Candi Movie frames?

message 22: by Leigh (new)

Leigh Yes. They are stills from the movies.

message 23: by Lauren (new) - added it

Lauren Agree, I hate when my books are marred by the movie imagery-it ruins the imagination needed for reading!

Candi Oh ok. The movie adaptions.

message 25: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Here's a link to pre order it to ship 6/30/14 from overstock.com!

http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movies...

Kenneth Snipes Lauren wrote: "Here's another place you can buy the paperback: http://www.booksamillion.com/p/Insurg...

I've never purchased from books a million, but it looks like they're shipping o..."

this is for ebook not paperback

message 27: by Lauren (new) - added it

Lauren Actually, when I was on the site the Pre-Order section had a promise date of 4/30/14 for the PAPERBACK, the price wasn't $0.

The eBook info is also included on that page.

message 28: by Leigh (new)

Leigh I was just on books a million and the price was $0 while the release date was 2016!

Candi The price was $8 something for me and said paperback!

message 30: by Nancy (new)

Nancy So is it at Walmart now? Anyone know?

Precious Nancy wrote: "So is it at Walmart now? Anyone know?"

It's not at my walmart. And I don't think it will be for a little while :'(

Katie Rose I just purchased the Canadian trade paperback online at amazon.ca. I prefer trades to mass markets and hardcovers. The ISBN-13 is 9780062127846
It appears to have the same cover as US versions. We will see!

Eshana NEVER

message 34: by Jackie (new) - added it

Jackie Insurgent (Divergent Series) Paperback
by Veronica Roth (Author)
This title will be released on January 20, 2015.

Jennifer That's what BN says too. NO!!!!!

Precious Jackie wrote: "Insurgent (Divergent Series) Paperback
by Veronica Roth (Author)
This title will be released on January 20, 2015."
...... I must go cry now.. Or go rebuy Divergent in hardback with the others :3 And try to trade or something my Paperback Divergent. :/

message 37: by Jackie (new) - added it

Jackie they are doing that, since movie gets released March 2015 most likely.

Candi Well that's lame

Precious Candi wrote: "Well that's lame"

Jackie wrote: "they are doing that, since movie gets released March 2015 most likely."

:( that is just a sucky ducky.

message 40: by Jackie (new) - added it

Jackie I bet same thing will happen with Allegiant (Paperback) since Movie will be coming out in 2016 (the 1st part of the movie)

Precious Jackie wrote: "I bet same thing will happen with Allegiant (Paperback) since Movie will be coming out in 2016 (the 1st part of the movie)"
Watch the paperback released for the second half....

Jennifer I was able to get a paperback version of Mockingjay about 6 months before they were sold to the public by going to the local Scholastic Books warehouse. Here's hoping I luck out again!!

Dixie everywhere i look to find Insurgent in paperback it always says 1/20/2015 :'( i'm just gonna have to get hardback :'( i'm very OCD about books and i have Divergent in paperback so this is going to drive me insane!

Stenedria Tiare wrote: "I have Divergent in paperback, and I like to buy all of my books in the same edition (paperback or hardcover) so I've been waiting for Insurgent to come out in paperback so I can buy it... only... ..."

I am the exact same way. Once I get one of the books in a certain format, I want to keep the rest of the series in the same format. It has always been a quirk of mine. I thought I was the only one who does that. I have also been waiting for the paperback edition of the second and third book.

Monica Go I think Amazon has it now. I'm not sure. Check this out http://www.amazon.com/Divergent-Veron...
http://www.amazon.it/Insurgent-Veroni... (italian amazon).

Joseph it comes out in January of 2015

message 47: by Stevie (new) - added it

Stevie I JUST got Insurgent in paperback today at a Barnes and Noble. (Like you, I prefer a matching set--if only I'd realized how long I'd be waiting when I bought "Divergent"!) I had to order it twice, and both times it got delayed at their warehouse. The sales associates couldn't tell me why my order was delayed, but speculated that the paperback release had actually been pushed back by the publisher. They said the books had actually been in their warehouse from the time that I ordered, but that they weren't released for shipping until just recently. So if you try a local B&N now, you might be able to get your hands on one.

Stenedria Thank you all who have responded. It has been a big help. I really want to get to read it before the movie.

message 49: by Taylor (new)

Taylor I just got Insurgent in paperback, I ordered it last March! It said it was going to come out in July, but it got pushed back to January. So happy I finally have it!

Caitlyn I was on Booksamillion when I noticed they had a BAM exclusive that seems to be in paperback.

http://www.booksamillion.com/p/Insurg...

« previous 1

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Insurgent (other topics)