Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive (general) > June - What are you currently reading?

Comments (showing 151-171 of 171) (171 new)    post a comment »
1 2 4 next »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 151: by Moderatrix Lori (new)

Moderatrix Lori  (ModeratrixLori) Kenjii wrote: "It voided me from another challenge but I went ahead and bought Str8te Boys by Evangeline Anderson b/c I have no resistance what-so-ever when it comes to her m/m romances. I LOVE he..."

That sounds great. I'm not sure how I missed that one! I've added it to my list.

message 152: by MK (Food actvist) (new)

MK (Food actvist) (Daalmonette) | 1980 comments Oh Lori I missed it too. I got an email eAlert. Then I headed over to her website and its posted there too. I sign up with all the erotic publishers (esp. my fave authors), so I get the newsletters and latest releases.

message 153: by colleen (new)

colleen (colleenFL) | 458 comments I read Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich today. Laugh out loud funny. I'm working on The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance now.

message 154: by Nikki ♥ (new)

Nikki ♥ | 1173 comments Just started Instant Attraction by Jill Shalvis. So far it's good.

Instant Attraction (Wilder, #1) by Jill Shalvis

message 155: by MK (Food actvist) (last edited Jun 25, 2009 09:34AM) (new)

MK (Food actvist) (Daalmonette) | 1980 comments Gotta let my eyes rest today. Really wanna finish Str8te Boys though.

message 156: by Ann (new)

Ann Noell (FantasyAnnie) I finished Knight of Darkness and now I'm reading The Bridal Season by Connie Brockway

Nichole (Dirrty H) (DirtyH) Lori wrote: "Kenjii wrote: "That sounds great. I'm not sure how I missed that one! I've added it to my list."

It was just barely published on Tuesday, so it's okay! Kenjii and I got emails from the publisher. Apparently neither of us could say no! But you should definitely read it, it was great.

message 158: by Moderatrix Lori (new)

Moderatrix Lori  (ModeratrixLori) Nichole wrote: "Lori wrote: "Kenjii wrote: "That sounds great. I'm not sure how I missed that one! I've added it to my list."

It was just barely published on Tuesday, so it's okay! Kenjii and I got emails from ..."

Guess I better sign up for the newsletter too!

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) Picked up a book calledYou Are So Undead to MebyStacey Jay never read this author before but the book looks good

message 160: by Ann (new)

Ann Noell (FantasyAnnie) I finished The Bridal Season last night, very good. I'm starting Danger in a Red Dress by Christina Dodd today.

message 161: by Lauren (new)

message 162: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (AuthorJuliannaD) | 1384 comments After hearing so many wonderful things about Erin McCarthy and recently reading a novella by her that I absolutely loved, I decided to pick up The Pregnancy Test.

message 163: by MK (Food actvist) (new)

MK (Food actvist) (Daalmonette) | 1980 comments tosca wrote: "I've read all of the Sons of Destiny series. I was attracted to the covers (hello, half-naked men, what's not to like?!). started the series part way through about 3 yrs ago and then had to go ba..."

Oh Tosca thanks! I missed ur post about this earlier. Turns out the SoD series started with books 2 and 3. So I didn't buy them. But I will at least keep them in mind to swap or rent from the LIB.

Enjoy Paul's Dream. I am looking forward to the sequel!

message 164: by Reacherfan (new)

Reacherfan | 9 comments After a series of disappointing books, and one very good screwball mystery, I'm re-reading an old favorite - Mr. Impossible by Loretta Chase. She remains my favorite historical romance writer bar none. Love her Carsington books!

message 165: by Nikki ♥ (new)

Nikki ♥ | 1173 comments I'm reading Romancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia Quinn.

message 166: by LibraryLass (last edited Jun 27, 2009 06:36PM) (new)

LibraryLass | 772 comments After not reading a historical romance for nearly a year, I have been on a bit of a binge :) I was really in the mood for a 'comfort' read so I went back to my all time favourite his/rom author, Amanda Quick. If you have a look at my members reading list, I didn't just stick with one either! I have been thoroughly disappointed with a lot of the new his/rom's. I read this genre mostly for the 'age of innocence' feel to them. For the straight up romance within a time period which I enjoy reading about. The new books I have picked up to have a look at reading lately are all about ex-courtesans or manipulating a duke/prince/knight etc. into marriage or it's more historical erotica. DON'T like it at all, and it has put me off reading this genre. BUT I have read quite a few of my own books that have been on my TBR pile for some time now, which I guess is the silver lining.

You guys who read his/rom's what do you think???

Anyway, back to topic, I am currently reading [Book: An unforgettable lady] by [Author: Jessica Bird], so I can fulfill my read the month challenge.

message 167: by Jessi (new)

Jessi  (JessiM) | 131 comments I just started the Vampire Diaries series by LJ Smith. A lot of people have been talking about it lately and saying that they really enjoyed the books. So I though I would give them a try.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (DarkHeart) Jessi wrote: "I just started the Vampire Diaries series by LJ Smith. A lot of people have been talking about it lately and saying that they really enjoyed the books. So I though I would give them a try. "

I'll be curious to see what you think of them. I read the first one a couple of months ago and thought it was just okay. I didn't necessarily like the protagonist and felt that there wasn't much depth to the story. However, I've got the omnibus edition, so I've got the next book in the series as well, and will go back to it to see if it improves.

Accepting that I'm not going to finish my RRR challenge this month, I'm attempting to finish up my PNR one, and as such have started No Rest for the Wicked. I'm also 3/4 of the way through Weddings From Hell which will allow me to tick off one more book on my RRR challenge. Enjoying both books so far.

message 169: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 81 comments I am finishing Hot Ice. I have been skipping over it for awhile now.

message 170: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9051 comments I'm on a reading slump for the past days. Still nursing Holy Smokes by Katie MacAlister and struggling through Paolini's Eldest on audiobook. Hoping to finish both by tomorrow so they can be included in my challenge tally.

message 171: by Jessi (last edited Jun 29, 2009 04:55PM) (new)

Jessi  (JessiM) | 131 comments DarkHeart wrote: "I'll be curious to see what you think of them. I read the first one a couple of months ago and thought it was just okay ..."

I am just about 4 or so chapters into it so far. And to be honest I am kind of confused. The story nor characters haven't been explained at all, so nothing is making since. Hopefully that will change soon and it will start to make since to me.

1 2 4 next »
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Lover Unbound (other topics)
City of Glass (other topics)
Devon Cream (other topics)
Edward Unconditionally (other topics)
The Pillars of the Earth (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lynn Lorenz (other topics)
Clive Barker (other topics)
Rowan McBride (other topics)