The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream The Audacity of Hope discussion

The Audacity of Hope

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Caryl I love Barack Obama's voice, whether it is spoken or written. Though this book is mostly about politics and political philosophy, it's almost as readable as Dreams From My Father. Anyone who wonders how Obama will handle his presidency should read his account of how he views the world and what he sees as the imperatives of political life. An excellent read if you want to understand more about Obama.

Geoffrey I was a bit disappointed. I had expected a man who had actualized a bit more, but it didn`t come through. I felt the same way about the Madeline Albright book and was a little bit more pleased with the Clinton book, despite his glossing over key elements in his presidency. I suppose we can`t really expect too much from autobiographies. They are never nearly as revealing as biography.

Kressel Housman Caryl wrote: "I love Barack Obama's voice, whether it is spoken or written. Though this book is mostly about politics and political philosophy, it's almost as readable as Dreams From My Father. Anyone who wond..."

I agree. Dreams was definitely better.

Biola it was the book that gave me an understanding of Americans and what moves their politics. It was interesting to learn that Americans had the same dreams as me, just want to make progress with their lives.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream (other topics)