Young Adult Reader Club discussion

Comments and Suggestions

Comments (showing 1-46 of 46) (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jenna (MissJenna) | 586 comments Mod
Hello Everyone,

This section is for all of you to make suggestions and comments about our group and anything you would like to see in the future.

You can talk about or suggest anything,this is for you to have the opportunity to help make our group better.

Thank you so much! I look forward to see what everyone has to say!

Ashley (readerandwriter) You know you can put a starting date and an ending date on the polls you make. I'm seeing some old polls that are still active.

Michelle (Michelle1105) | 57 comments I wish more people would actually participate in the discussions. I know I will only write once but if more people would participate I think it would make it a more exciting.

Thank you Ashley,I went through and put some ending dates on the older polls so only the ongoing and current ones are still open for voting.

I agree Michelle I really wish more people would participate in the discussions. I try to encourage everyone to post in the discussion areas, but I'm not sure what else I can do to get more people to participate.

Kristen Hehe. Send them private messages if you know they read the book. I guess that could be annoying though for you and them. I saw they were empty and was happy to start the convo going. I guess it's really up to the group memebers.

Kristen Alright, I invited some friends to join, so we can liven this place up! :)

Awesome that sounds great!

So I was thinking that in an effort to get more members ( which I'm hoping will translate into more participation in our group) We could have some sort of contest.
Something like whoever gets the most people to join our group within a given amount of time, will get to pick what we read for the next month. It doesn't have to be that I was just throwing that out there to see what you guys thought.

If you have any other suggestions I would love to hear them. Thank you everyone!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Working so far!! I am NEW! lol Hi, I'm Linda and love reading. I've been reading more YA lately and hopefully I can add to a lot of the discussions. :)

Great! Welcome to our group Linda!

Kristen Welcome Linda! Thanks for joining us! :)

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks! :D

April (booksandwine) Hello! Kristen invited me to join this group. One suggestion would be to have a section where you can post a discussion thread about any YA book (i.e. I'm reading Percy Jackson and the Olympians, let's discuss the crazy twists with spoilers).

Hello April, That is a great Idea! I have added an entire folder where you can add a thread about any book you'd like to discuss. Hope you all have fun with this new feature!

April (booksandwine) Thanks Jenna!

No problem April,thank you for the suggestion!

How would you all feel about having a theme for one of our books each month or at some regular interval?

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I would like that. What kind of theme do you have in mind?

I was thinking that if anyone was interested I could set up a thread and you could all throw out ideas on what kind of themes would be interesting to you and then we could choose from there. How does that sound?

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Sounds good.

Kristen Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been around as much. I'm heading to the other threads now!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

hey i am new.. i made this blog.. can you check it out,comment, and follow the blog?? please and thank you.. heres the link:

http://funplace101.blogspot.com/

Welcome to our group Jennifer,thanks for telling us about your blog!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

ur welcome

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

the group sounds cool!!

Kristen Hey Jennifer! Love the blog. I blog as well if you want to check mine out:

BookWorming in the 21st Century

Julia (andoran_g33k) I love your blog design, Kristen!

Dee-Dee (deidramichelle) | 5 comments Hello...I am new to the site and to this group. I have a suggestion for a read. It is an urban fiction geared toward the youth. It is based on real and true life events. The novel is called Heavy in the Game by J. Love. The site to find out more information is www.jlovebooks.com. What do you think?

Thank you for the book suggestion Deidra and welcome to the group! I will add that book to our poll when we vote for our monthly read and hopefully it is one of the winners! Thanks again for the suggestion!

Dee-Dee (deidramichelle) | 5 comments Thanks Jenna.

Kristen Thanks Julia! :) I need to revamp a wee bit, but I'll get to that... someday.. haha.

Lauren (Lauren0) Hi! I'm Lauren, avid reader and all around nerd girl. I found Addie (who lives in my city =D) by chance and we have similar taste in a lot of our reads! So then I surfed to this group and you won me over by reading the His Dark Materials series, which I devoured earlier this year. I really love talking about good books and I'm excited to be a part of your group! I've already picked up Evermore and can't wait to start. Talk to every one soon!
-L

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome to the group Lauren! We read some pretty good books here! :) Hope you enjoy it.

Welcome Lauren,glad to have you with us! I hope you enjoy the books we read here,and I look forward to seeing what you have to say in the discussions!

Lauren (Lauren0) is someone making a thread to discuss the september books?

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

I was wondering when we were going to vote for the next books?

Dana | 25 comments I do wish there were a bigger variety of books we discuss. I know it's popular but I get a little tired of the vampire/fairie etc. fantasy books. I'd like to see some books that are more realistic. (don't get me wrong, I love fantasy, but need a break from it sometimes.)

Thanks for the suggestion Dana,I can definitely propose to the group a monthly read category that would lend itself more to books that are less fantasy.
I can't guarantee that there will always be a book like that each month but I'm sure others would be interested in it occasionally.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

I would love to read more non-fantasy books. I generally enjoy mostly fantasy, but I love to be surprised by a book that isn't fantasy! :) Most of the best books aren't fantasy.

I agree I would definitely like to explore what else is out there,what do you think of making it one of monthly book selection categories?

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Sounds good to me. Would that give us 4 monthly books or take the place of one of our other categories?

I was thinking that it might take place of one of our others,but I'm not sure...what do you think?

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

I like the way you decided to do it. That way we get a chance to try it, but can go back if it doesn't work out.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too,I'm glad you agree with my choice.

Hannah Bell | 8 comments I'd really like it if we did another Challenge,I've never done one and I think they would really motivate me to get through the many books I've been needing/wanting to read.

unread topics | mark unread