Goodreads Feedback discussion

Bugs > Reading Challenge widget on home page

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sandra  (MyFictionNook) | 86 comments Hi,

my Reading Challenge widget on the home page displays the image for this year but my stats for last year. Clicking on Reading Challenge above the widget takes me to a new page where it accurately displays my book count for this year. Bug?

message 2: by Emily, Director of Customer Care (new)

Emily | 1345 comments Mod
That sounds like it might be related to a bug that we're working on. Would you be able to take some screenshots and send them to support at goodreads dot com?

message 3: by Jaye (last edited Sep 11, 2013 02:52PM) (new)

Jaye  | 81 comments Mine has been like this for a long time.

edit: but if you click on the actual challenge the
correct figure is shown.

Sandra  (MyFictionNook) | 86 comments Emily wrote: "That sounds like it might be related to a bug that we're working on. Would you be able to take some screenshots and send them to support at goodreads dot com?"

When I refreshed the screen for the fifth time, it was fixed. Sorry, didn't take a screenshot of the other one, but I can if it happens again.

Thanks for looking into this. :)

Vigdis | 13 comments Hi!

When I go to a friend's profile and scroll down to his/her Reading Challenge, my own Reading Challenge shows in stead of my friend's. Don't know if this is a related problem.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

^. If I click on Vigdis's profile (we're not friends) and then on the reading challenge, the subsequent screen shows my challenge, not Vigdis's.

Ellie [The Empress] (The_Empress) | 1710 comments If I click on the blue png it shows me this: www.goodreads.com/challenges/940-2013...
but if I click on the 35 of 45 (78%) link it opens the page for Vigdis's challenge.

message 8: by Emily, Director of Customer Care (new)

That's the bug that I'm talking about! Can you send us screenshots at the support email address if you see this happen? It's intermittent, so it frequently doesn't show up for the Experts team when we test this. However, we do know this is an issue, and it's helpful to know which profiles it's appearing on (and when).

Vigdis | 13 comments I just sent you a screenshot from my friend's profile. I know I've seen it other places as well, so I'll send more if I find them.

message 10: by Emily, Director of Customer Care (new)

Thanks - much appreciated. It's been tricky to pin down.

unread topics | mark unread