The Book Addicts! discussion

Favorite Books > Books You Bought This Week!

Comments (showing 2,451-2,471 of 2,471) (2471 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Melanie | 60 comments I just bought Room by Emma Donoghue and Moloka'i by Alan Brennert from my local library for only $1.00!

message 2452: by Beth (new)

Beth (mommyto3bees) | 80 comments i just bought The Name of this Book Is Secret by Pseudonymous Bosch from barnes and noble today to support our schoolS!

Kristi (KristiCasey) | 660 comments That B&N is a dangerous place! I didn't use to be an issue for me as I don't have one all that close, but now that my kids are old enough to like being taken to the mall I find myself in there a little more frequently.

Just a couple of weeks ago, I took my kids because they had books they wanted to pick up with their allowance and I walked out with 4 books of my own. Oy!

Lisa Alexa  (LisaAlexa) | 120 comments Trade back book was: Michael Chabon's : The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay.

Lisa Alexa  (LisaAlexa) | 120 comments Oh, and i also purchased, finally "S." by John Updike. Love his books!!!! I know it's part of a series on his obsession of Hawthorne's "Scarlet Letter". To this day, I'll never forget that book along with Hester Prynne or Mr.Arthur Dimsdale from American Lit. (and that was in high school I read it-(cough!)
My library was sick of me hogging their copy. (Although, I already bought most of Updike's book's on my kindle a long time ago. :-)! Total book addict!

message 2456: by Linda (new)

Linda (LNDoyle) | 224 comments In preparation for an upcoming trip to the Canadian Maritime area, I just bought Michelin Green Atlantic Canada, Nova Scotia (Bradt Travel Guides, both tour guides, and Call Of A Distant Shore, which is historical fiction about 18th century Nova Scotia. That should definitely put me in the mood for traveling!

Evelyn | 141 comments Linda wrote: "In preparation for an upcoming trip to the Canadian Maritime area, I just bought Michelin Green Atlantic Canada, Nova Scotia (Bradt Travel Guides, both tour guides, a..."

Linda, I toured the Maritimes a few years ago and absolutely LOVED it. Halifax hosts an International Buskers Festival every year which was amazing, maybe your visit will coincide with it!

message 2458: by Anna-Donnis (last edited May 28, 2014 11:00AM) (new)

Anna-Donnis (Ƥяσ-Яɛα∂ɛя;-p) (Book-Girl1) | 3 comments this week i bought Exodus by Julie Bertagna and my dad made be buy Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill

Thomas Shutt (Tom_Shutt) | 10 comments I bought Jim Butcher's Skin Game this week; one of the best books in the Dresden Files series so far!

message 2460: by David (new)

David Schwinghammer | 22 comments Just a few minutes or so ago, I got THE TRANSCRIPTIONIST by Amy Roland, CASEBOOK by Mona Simpson, and REDSHIRTS by John Scalzi, recommend by
songwriter and singer Dan Wilson, who helped Adele write one of her most popular songs. I found them all in the Sunday entertainment section of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, my favorite source for books these days.

William Yang (WillYangTheReader) | 17 comments I got the Secret Life of Bees.

message 2462: by Steve (new)

Steve | 3 comments I picked up Invisible and Mr. Penumbra's 24-hour Book Store. Will be my first reading groups on this site.

message 2463: by Linda (new)

Linda (LNDoyle) | 224 comments Evelyn wrote: "Linda wrote: "In preparation for an upcoming trip to the Canadian Maritime area, I just bought Michelin Green Atlantic Canada, Nova Scotia (Bradt Travel Guides, both ..."

We will check on that, Evelyn, thanks for the tip.

Alissa Patrick (APatrick) | 818 comments Theres a Book Outlet that I always drive by, and I've been meaning to stop in and "take a look". Well, I did yesterday and I am SO glad I did!! I came home with 8 books (both paperback and hardcover) for only $25. and I got some good ones!!

Heres a list of the ones on my TBR list:
Night Shift Night Shift by Stephen King by Stephen King
The Gunslinger The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower, #1) by Stephen King by Stephen King
The Pillars of the Earth The Pillars of the Earth  (The Pillars of the Earth, #1) by Ken Follett by Ken Follett
Murder on the Orient Express Murder on the Orient Express (Hercule Poirot, #10) by Agatha Christie by Agatha Christie
Desperation Desperation by Stephen King by Stephen King
A Time to Kill A Time to Kill (Jake Brigance, #1) by John Grisham by John Grisham

These were ones I've picked up that I've read before and LOVED so I needed to own! ;-)
The Night Circus The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern by Erin Morgenstern
Sarah's Key Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay by Tatiana de Rosnay

Kakakeko | 1 comments books i ve brought this week ,
Down and Out in Paris and London by George Orwell
Nausea by Jean-Paul Sartre
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy

Bgodfrey34 | 17 comments At a Artwalk I bought Fire (Graceling Realm, #2) by Kristin Cashore Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu Bright Young Things (Bright Young Things, #1) by Anna Godbersen The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty China Dolls by Lisa See. From book outlet I bought The Enchanted by Rene Denfeld The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3) by Terry Brooks Antigoddess (Goddess War, #1) by Kendare Blake and Embers and Echoes (Wildefire, #2) by Karsten Knight. At Barnes and noble I bought The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #2) by Michelle Hodkin Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2) by Laini Taylor Afterglow (Wildefire, #3) by Karsten Knight and Jackaby by William   Ritter. And finally I just finished purchasing The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #3) by Michelle Hodkin The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken and Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1) by Sara Raasch. I bought some ebooks but the only one I remember is The Queen of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #1) by Erika Johansen. Yeah I went bananas this month. But I had a great coupon for books a million. Plus the ebooks were like 1.99 each.

Bgodfrey34 | 17 comments Melanie wrote: "I just bought Room by Emma Donoghue and Moloka'i by Alan Brennert from my local library for only $1.00!"

Oooohhhh I have both of those!! I have yet to read them though...

message 2468: by Colleen (last edited Nov 07, 2014 05:10PM) (new)

Kristie | 205 comments I bought 2 Audible books this week with my credits:

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, #2) by Patricia Briggs

Laurel Bradshaw (llawryf) | 25 comments Cheap or free ebooks I've picked up this week:
The Mind's Eye
Turn of the Tide
Just One Damned Thing After Another
A Symphony of Echoes
When a Child is Born
That last one is a free short story, but the series sounded so interesting I bought the first couple of books that come before it (Chronicles of St. Mary's series)

Colleen  D | 188 comments Kristie (~ Gaildis, of the Elves ~) wrote: "I bought 2 Audible books this week with my credits:

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, #2) by Patricia Briggs"

You will love RPO! I haven't heard it on audio but the story is so great.

1 2 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 50 next »