Contemporary Romance discussion

Help! Looking for...CR ONLY > Throw me some recs...damaged hero, strong heroine

Comments (showing 1-19 of 19) (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carla (new)

Carla Doolin (CarlaDoolin) | 16 comments I love a story about a secretly damaged hero, a strong heroine, some very steamy sack time (or wall, or floor, or beach, or car, or...you get the picture). Anyone have a favourite book that pops into their head? Toss your recommendation my way!

message 3: by Carla (new)

Carla Doolin (CarlaDoolin) | 16 comments Thanks, Elanor! I've read Heaven and Hell. It was my first Kristen Ashley book, and it hooked me! I haven't read the others that you posted, but will definitely check them out. Thanks so much for your recommendations!

message 4: by Fran (new)

Fran | 36 comments Surviving Raine (Surviving Raine, #1) by Shay Savage Reaper's Property (Reapers MC, #1) by Joanna Wylde Undeniable (Undeniable, #1) by Madeline Sheehan Motorcycle Man (Dream Man, #4) by Kristen Ashley Knight (Unfinished Hero, #1) by Kristen Ashley

I haven't read these, but they are on my tbr and I've heard good things...

Otherwise Alone (Evan Arden Trilogy, #1) by Shay Savage Otherwise Occupied (Evan Arden Trilogy, #2) by Shay Savage Real (Real, Raw & Ripped, #1) by Katy Evans Dark Passion (Dark Brother, #1) by Bec Botefuhr Just Remember to Breathe by Charles Sheehan-Miles In the Band (Luminescent Juliet #1) by Jean Haus

message 5: by Carla (new)

Carla Doolin (CarlaDoolin) | 16 comments Awesome, Fran!! Thank you! Did you like Reaper's? I've heard some good things, some not so much.

Loved Motorcycle Man, and LOVED Knight! One of my all time faves.

The rest are going on my TBR. Thanks again!

message 6: by Elanor (new)

Elanor | 2 comments Carla wrote: "Thanks, Elanor! I've read Heaven and Hell. It was my first Kristen Ashley book, and it hooked me! I haven't read the others that you posted, but will definitely check them out. Thanks so much for y..."

Heaven and Hell is one of my all time favorites! I think it's one of the few times where I love the heroine more than the hero. I see that you've read a lot of KA and if you haven't gotten tired of her yet, you should check out Breathe if you haven't already. The hero doesn't think he deserves the heroine and is even a bit of a jerk to her in the beginning, but you'll fall in love with him in no time. And the heroine is one of the best characters KA has written, in my opinion.

And I just thought of another book that might fit what you're looking for. Bully. I can't remember how steamy it was though.

Enjoy! Looks like you'll have lots to read.

message 7: by Carla (new)

Carla Doolin (CarlaDoolin) | 16 comments You got that right, sister! I haven't read Breathe, but it's on my radar. I'll look up Bully too.
Thanks again, Elanor!

message 8: by Fran (new)

Fran | 36 comments Carla wrote: "Awesome, Fran!! Thank you! Did you like Reaper's? I've heard some good things, some not so much.

Loved Motorcycle Man, and LOVED Knight! One of my all time faves.

The rest are going on my TBR. T..."

I didn't love Reaper's Property but I did like it. But that's been happening to me a lot lately. Everyone raves about a book and I don't end up loving it.

message 9: by Fran (new)

Fran | 36 comments Carla, I thought of another one that I read recently and loved. But it may not fit what you're looking for. There are alpha-guys in it, but they may not be 'damaged'. It's a sexy mystery and we don't know yet if there is a bad guy, and if there is, who it is.

If I Were You (Inside Out, #1) by Lisa Renee Jones

message 10: by Fran (new)

Fran | 36 comments Super dark, damaged hero... Captive in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #1) by C.J. Roberts Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #2) by C.J. Roberts Epilogue (The Dark Duet, #3) by C.J. Roberts

message 11: by Carla (new)

Carla Doolin (CarlaDoolin) | 16 comments Sweet! Thanks Fran!

message 12: by Carla (new)

Carla Doolin (CarlaDoolin) | 16 comments Fran, just read the 'Captive' blurb, and think I may have to pass. Although I love the idea that Caleb is a man who has demons to wrestle, I'm not sure I like the way this smacks of FSOG. < That trilogy didn't turn my crank until the very end, and was, for me, ultimately not worth my time and money. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Please!

Now, 'If I Were You' sounds much more intriguing!

I'm kinda like you with the Reaper's deal. I want to kick my own ass when I just can't like what everyone else has been raving about! Guess I won't know til I try. And with what you've been sending my way (and by all means don't stop!) it might not be until next year before I get out from under my Kobo! Poor me :)

message 13: by Fran (last edited Jul 31, 2013 03:20PM) (new)

Fran | 36 comments Captive in the Dark is not a traditional romance. At least not for most of the first one. It's a revenge story, and Caleb is a bad man. I wouldn't compare it to 50 Shades. Captive is much darker. If you don't like dark, then you should pass on that one.

message 14: by Carla (new)

Carla Doolin (CarlaDoolin) | 16 comments Good plan! Although I do love a good bad man!

message 15: by Leonor (new)

Leonor (leonor_1202) | 1 comments I highly recommend both Real by Katy Evans and Dark Series Bec Botefhr loved their book.

message 16: by Virginia (new)

Virginia | 33 comments Strongly recommend Laura Florand's latest, Chocolate Touch!

Not just steamy, but deeply, deliciously emotional and fabulously written!The Chocolate Touch

message 17: by Carla (new)

Carla Doolin (CarlaDoolin) | 16 comments Thank you ladies! Will check them out :)

message 18: by namericanwordcat (new)

namericanwordcat | 84 comments Lets see damaged hero...strong heroine...

Crash by Pepper PaceNot sure of the sexy times though. I heart Pepper Pace!

The Story Guy by Mary Ann Rivers 5 star read for me.

Frisco's Kid (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #3) by Suzanne Brockmann Liberating Lacey by Anne Calhoun Whisper Falls (Destiny, #3) by Toni Blake Defying the Odds (Battered Hearts, #1) by Kele Moon Ride with Me by Ruthie Knox Skin Deep (I-Team, #5.5) by Pamela Clare

message 19: by Karen (new)

Karen (kdjohnston) | 14 comments you may like Barbara Longley..She has a couple that I loved!
and One night with a hero by Laura kaye is really good tool and pretty steamy from what I remember.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Heaven and Hell (other topics)
Leo (other topics)
Leo's Chance (other topics)
Lucky in Love (other topics)
Surviving Raine (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Laura Florand (other topics)