Wild Things: YA Grown-Up discussion

Fantasy/Sci-Fi > Enchanted Forest Chronicles

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

JG (The Introverted Reader) It's been a long time since I read these, but I loved The Enchanted Forest Chronicles Dealing with Dragons / Searching for Dragons / Calling on Dragons / Talking to Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede. I loved that they were fairy tales with a heroine who was more than capable of taking care of herself. Has anyone else read them? I'd recommend them.

Alexis (alexabexis) | 422 comments I loved this series. I only wish I'd read it when I was younger! They'd been recommended to me a lot but I didn't actually pick them up until I was in my early 20s, and I was buying them for my younger brother. Of course, I end up borrowing most of what I buy for him. :) These books are such a different take on the typical girl-and-dragon fantasy story, and they're funny. Are her other books as good as these?

Susan (MrsFun) | 89 comments My daughter lists these as one of her favorite series. I remember hearing her giggling aloud as she read them. I haven't read them yet but I hope to soon.

Alexis (alexabexis) | 422 comments They're really fun, quick reads. Definitely worth it. If you're doing the Reading Challenge you could work these books into it for sure.

Jayne | 1 comments Her other books : "sorcery and cecilia" are great too and I also enjoyed "frontier magic" but the enchanted forest chronicles have a special place in my heart!

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 719 comments I really loved these books!! :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Enchanted Forest Chronicles (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Patricia C. Wrede (other topics)