Audiobooks discussion

Promotions > 4th of July sale - US Const, Bill of Rights, Dec of Independence

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Ali-ef | 178 comments In celebration of the upcoming Fourth of July holiday, Staples is offering 3 books for download for a penny each.
* The Constitution & Historical Influences
* Gettysburg Address & Emancipation
* Bill of Rights

Try as I might, I can't find any info about the narration but it looks like they are put out by "Simply". Sorry for lack of details but thought some might be interested.

Staples

Shawn (Shawn123) | 78 comments Thank you. I am looking at the books and you are right Staples doesn't provide a lot of information. No time, author, reader etc. I do see the books are from Simply Audio Books so I am looking at their website. I may sign up and get a staples account and get them without the info...

http://www.simplyaudiobooks.com/

Shawn (Shawn123) | 78 comments I did check with Simply audiobooks and did not see the audiobooks listed on their website.

If anyone gets this let me know.

Shawn (Shawn123) | 78 comments OK went in and bought them. The process was simple and would take seconds if you already have a Staples account.
I've only spent a few minutes listening to each of them but they are all MP3s and each "book" last about an hour. The audio books don't introduce the author or reader so I still don't know who it is. The reader has a decent voice and does a good job but is not a professional reader. The books do sound like they are recorded professionally and are kinda like a history lecture so there is some good information

That is my 3 cents (ha ha pun intended)

Ali-ef | 178 comments Thanks for coming back with that info - and even with the pun ;)

I've downloaded them now but haven't had a chance to listen yet.

message 6: by Lisa (last edited Jul 06, 2013 07:05AM) (new)

Lisa (Lisa-NY) | 1 comments Shawn wrote: "OK went in and bought them. The process was simple and would take seconds if you already have a Staples account.
I've only spent a few minutes listening to each of them but they are all MP3s and e..."

Thanks for the feedback, Shawn. Given the lack of details about the audiobooks (e.g., narrators, producers, date recorded) on Staples.com, on Simply Audiobooks' website, or anywhere else, I'd hesitated to download the files, but in the wee hours of July 5 did so anyway. However, I haven't yet listened to them.

Anyway, I've created entries for each of the three audiobooks here at Goodreads (http://www.goodreads.com/search?utf8=...), that we can update if more info arises.

unread topics | mark unread