Chicks On Lit discussion

New Moderator announced

Comments (showing 1-50 of 57) (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Tera, First Chick (last edited Apr 30, 2009 09:54PM) (new)

Tera | 2526 comments Mod
When I started CoL over a year ago I never could have dreamed it would grow into what it has. With each step of growth new ideas and plans come to my mind and I get more and more excited about the possibilites. I am a huge believer in the power and strength of the women in this group and am so happy to be a part of all of it.
That said, with the growth and all of lifes goings ons I have found myself spread more and more thin. I could never give up CoL but I can admit when I need help. Okay, well maybe I can't admit it right away since I've been thinking of this for months and have just recently talked myself into easing the grasp. However, as I began to think about this a few months ago it was pretty clear to me then what was needed. What was needed was what was already taking place to a large part.
Holli has really picked up my slack. She is on the button with so many of the social things like birthdays, and blogs and the trip. It has been a huge help to me knowing she was there to do that. It has allowed me to concentrate on other things like Project Night Night, the monthly book reads and surveys, and other ideas that spring into my head at odd hours of the morning.
She is not only my go to girl she has been the go to girl for many of you too.
It was clear to me when I realized I was spreading myself thin that Holli was picking up my slack here on CoL (While Jo and Emily helped on CoW).
I knew it was time to ask Holli to do that in a more official role. Today I was finally able to find a time to sit down in quiet and speak with her and she has graciously accepted my request for helping out in an official role here on CoL.
So as of today, Holli will be a moderator here on CoL. She has really been my go to chick for so many things and now she will officially go crazy with my spurting of crazy ideas. She will really focus on the areas of her forte with the more socially minded aspects of our group (blogs, birthdays, trip) and help moderate discussions and questions that arise with me.
I am not leaving CoL but I am recognizing the growth of our group deserves more attention than one person can give it. I am grateful for Holli and what she has already done for CoL. I am certain she will help us continue to do even better things in the future.
I am excited for the chance this gives me to really give the attention to the details and ideas I have for the group while still allowing me to focus on the aspects of the group that I love and make us great.
Thank you,

message 2: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (wanda514) Tera wrote: "When I started CoL over a year ago I never could have dreamed it would grow into what it has. With each step of growth new ideas and plans come to my mind and I get more and more excited about the..."

message 3: by Lynlee4 (new)

Lynlee4 | 99 comments Tera, it's not easy to do what you did-congratulations for taking that step!

Yea Holli! I can't think of a better choice :)

message 4: by Lois (new)

Lois Thank you for starting this wonderful group and congratulations on its' growth and need for an additional moderator.

message 5: by Erika (new)

Erika What a wonderful day for both of you, and all of us in the group. I feel so proud and blessed to know everyone here. Cheers!

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 369 comments Congrats Holli! I know you will do a great job teaming up with Tera!

message 7: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 3069 comments Great going Tera! I know you and Holli will be a dynamic duo. You have done an amazing, unbelievable job going solo I can only imagine what greatness awaits us now that you are a duo.

message 8: by Katie (new)

Katie (cowgirl-up) | 319 comments Congrats, Holli! I know you'll do an amazing job!

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* yeah! They are a dynamic duol. Congrats and wise choosing Tera! Holli is great. She has became my friend on here. She'll be great.

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* Crud. I can't spell...duo

message 11: by Leshawn (new)

Leshawn | 55 comments Congratulations Holli! I know you'll be just as fantastic in your official role as you were unofficially!

Brava Tera for asking for help and continuing to do such a wonderful job!

Jo (Bloomin'Chick) (BloominChick) CONGRATS HOLLI!

message 13: by Beth (new)

Beth Knight (zazaknittycat) | 130 comments Congratulations, Holli!

message 14: by Holli (new)

Holli Thank you all so much for your well wishes and support! I have to say when Tera started asking me about doing this she started the conversation in a way that made me instantly think to myself, "Dear God don't tell me you are stepping down because there is NO WAY I can fill your shoes!". So when she asked me to co-moderate with her I breathed a huge sigh of relief and said a resounding YES!

I joined this group four days after Tera started it in a depressing time in my life. I had just moved to Columbus, Ohio and I knew not one soul here. I was so used to having my friends and family to rely on for everything when I was in California that to go from 100% girl support to 15% girl support out here really killed me. I was sad, lonely, and really starving for that "chick connection" we all really need.

Tera and CoL fulfilled that need for me and I have made so many wonderful, supportive, and fun friends here in this group and I love all of you. I want you all to know you mean the world to me and if any of you ever need a friend or advice or just someone to listen you can message me any time. Even if you are a silent follower to this group and I don't know you yet---I would love the chance to get to know and help you out too!

I've spent so many years being the "go to gal" for my friends and family and I've honestly figured out that that is my purpose and meaning in this life. Its why God saved me and gave me a second chace at life 5 years ago---I truly believe that. To help others who need help in any way I can.

So Tera (and everyone else), I'm happy to be your go to gal---anytime you need me!

message 15: by Laura (new)

Laura (apenandzen) | 1445 comments And boy do you do it Holli! You're the reason I finally went to a gynecologist after so many years of putting it off - and finally got a correct diagnosis! You've definitely WAY changed my life for the better, and you're a perfect choice for Co-Mod! Congratulations to both of you.

message 16: by Holli (new)

Holli Oh thanks Laura!!! I was so happy that you did that and are feeling better now....and I'm really happy that you felt comfortable enough with me just from reading my posts on here to message me out of the blue and talk to me about it. That's a perfect example of me being able to fulfill my purpose didn't even know me personally but felt you could come to me....I'm so appreciative of that quality in myself and I hope to perfect it in the years to come.

message 17: by Laura (new)

Laura (apenandzen) | 1445 comments It's already perfected, no tinkering needed there my friend. You are so warm, it even comes through from a computer screen. It's like looking at the sun.

message 18: by Holli (new)

Holli That's actually one of my nicknames Laura-Sunshine. My friends gave me that one. Although my family would beg to differ, and so would Brad i think! ;)

message 19: by Laura (new)

Laura (apenandzen) | 1445 comments haha!!

message 20: by LinBee (new)

LinBee Congrats Holli!

And Tera, you made a wonderful choice! I know it must be hard for you, but it will be better for you to have help. It's not good to stretch yourself so thin!

message 21: by Sheila , Supporting Chick (new)

Sheila  | 3137 comments Mod
Congratulations Holli! This group has grown alot. I look forward to continuing to participate long into the future with both of our wonderful moderators.

Jo (Bloomin'Chick) (BloominChick) Tera and Holli, I'm here to assist you any time you need a little help or a break! I wasn't here right at the beginning but close to it if I remember correctly and I'm here for the long haul! I love you both and I love CoL and all of our Chicks!

message 23: by Cyndi (new)

Cyndi (chillmiller) Congrats Holli! I think you will do an amazing job! Tera, its great that you asked for the help! You two will do awesome!!

message 24: by Holli (new)

Holli You guys are so nice...I love this group!! (I'm feeling gushy today...LOL)

message 25: by Brandie (new)

Brandie (brandiemichelle) Congrats Holli! And thank you Tera for all of your hard work! I agree that Holli will do an AWESOME job. She has become a really great friend to me, and I know I can count on her for anything!

Holli - you will be great!! I'm so excited for you! This it totally your calling!

message 26: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle | 136 comments What a bonus to have both Tera and Holli as our leaders! This group has enriched my life in so many ways, I look forward to our continued growth and friendships!

message 27: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Congrats to both of you!

Jo (Bloomin'Chick) (BloominChick) Rachelle wrote: "What a bonus to have both Tera and Holli as our leaders! This group has enriched my life in so many ways, I look forward to our continued growth and friendships! "

Here here Rachelle! I agree!

message 29: by Angie (new)

Angie I've only been on here (CoL) for a few months but I really appreciate all Tera does for this online community. I met Holli here in Columbus a couple months ago and know that she is something special too. She does an awful lot for our in-person book club here too and I think it's great whenever someone is willing to lend her talents for the benefit of others. :)

message 30: by Holli (new)

Holli Thanks so much.....I am thrilled with the friends I've made from this online group! Angie and I do know each other in person and I have to say she is one interesting lady. I really enjoy her and our lunches (we need to get together soon Angie!) and I hope she continues contributing to the group.

message 31: by KrisT (new)

KrisT | 553 comments Congrats Holli, You and Tera will do a specwonderful job! :)

message 32: by Thauna (new)

Thauna Congrats Holli!!! Tera I really appreciate everything you do to pull this group together! I truly love it here and feel like CoL is one of my comfy spots in my life. You all bring me such joy both personally and with my reading pursuits. Holli is a wonderful addition as co-moderator and just another example of Tera's sound decision making skills as a the group's founder and leader.

Hooray for both of you!!!

message 33: by Jennifer W (new)

Jennifer W | 1975 comments Ah! Tera, don't scare me! I saw the post title and had to scroll back up and saw both you and Holli there before I could breathe again! Even though I don't know either of you personally, I can understand how hard it must have been for Tera to let loose the reins a little bit, but I can also tell that Holli will be great at fielding anything that comes her way! Whoohoo!!

message 34: by Holli (new)

Holli Thanks for the vote of confidence Jennifer!! I hope to be a great "right hand chick" for Tera in every way possible. :)

message 35: by Lois (new)

Lois | 71 comments I've only been in this group a short while, but have been continually amazed at the creativity and productivity I find here. And of course have wondered how one person can find the time, energy and inspiration to make CoL so rich. Thank you Tera, Holli and others who take this group in so many great directions.

message 36: by Laura (new)

Laura (apenandzen) | 1445 comments Yeah, Tera, you are pretty awesome in your own right, gf. I'm trying to spread the word about Project Night Night over on my group - another one of your great ideas.

message 37: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (Wldinnis) | 350 comments Both of you are great and I am sure that you will be the most fantastic moderator team in Goodreads history!

message 38: by Roxy (new)

Roxy (Roxy_NJ) | 354 comments Tera, I've always wondered how you alone can stay on top of everything! I can't even keep track of who it is I'm talking to in a thread. Great job delagating.

message 39: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 415 comments I am so excited for BOTH of YOU!! Tera, you started a GREAT group here, and it only gets better and better! THANKS! And Holli, yes, you were put on this earth to HELP people. You've helped me ALOT. WOOHOO! CoL moderators ROCK!

message 40: by Debbie (last edited May 02, 2009 06:39AM) (new)

Debbie | 415 comments Roxy, I've wondered the same thing, too, about how "anybody" can keep up with all of the posts, etc., going on!

message 41: by Holli (new)

Holli Thanks to all of you once again! You all are awesome ladies!!!

To stay caught up you have to check CoL every day I've found. When i go on vacation I freak out when i come much has happened on the boards I don't even know where to begin! Its nice to see you and Roxy posting though Debbie...I've missed you both!

Kat (A Journey In Reading) (AJourneyInReading) | 390 comments YEYYYYYYYYYYYYY wooooooohoooooo!!!!

message 43: by Roxy (new)

Roxy (Roxy_NJ) | 354 comments LOL at the snoopy dance!!! Kat, my son just found an old snoopy book and between my husband and I we have read it 5 times in the past hour.

Jo (Bloomin'Chick) (BloominChick) I can definately attest to the difficulty of keeping up with the threads/posts being moderator for 2 other groups on here as well as co-moderator for CoW and I'm not sure how Tera didn't lose her mind well before letting a co-moderator assist her here at CoL, lol!

message 45: by Kate (new)

Kate | 96 comments I love the way women work together. :)

Holli & Tera: You both rock.

message 46: by Mandee (new)

Mandee (amandalinajanel) | 69 comments Congratulations, Holli!! Tera, you have been simply AMAZING!!! Unbelievable, really. And I'm so glad you have Holli to help support you now. I second what LinBee said, Tera, it's not good to spread yourself too thin... You are an inspiration, that's for sure!

Just thought I'd point out how awesome it is to read all the love going around in this thread, as well... :D

message 47: by Holli (new)

Holli Isn't it cool Mandee? I love it. Everyone in this group is just so nice.........

message 48: by Mandee (new)

Mandee (amandalinajanel) | 69 comments Yeah, it really is great :) !

message 49: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 415 comments LOL That's great, Teri!

message 50: by Holli (new)

Holli hahahaha.....thanks Teri :)

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread