Fear Fantastique discussion

So happy together

Comments (showing 1-50 of 55) (55 new)    post a comment »

Phillip sweet!

message 3: by Phillip (last edited May 12, 2009 11:36AM) (new)

Phillip message 6 is a rob photo?

damn, finally i have a face to attach to this iconic horror wizard.

you're looking like you've been hanging out with vipers, rob...you naughty boy.

message 4: by Phillip (last edited May 12, 2009 12:44PM) (new)

Phillip word!
come on, amy....give us some photo love.

normal?
i wouldn't say that.
you remind me of a long-time friend and bass player. and a little like a really young phil lesh.

but where's the high school photo, rob?

i'll show mine if you show yours.

Phillip this is my cat, george cleaver, who died last year of kitty leukemia

Photobucket

i really miss the little bastard.

Phillip ok, not a high school yearbook photo, but here'sa portrait of the artist as a high school senior.

Photobucket

give it up, rob...you're totally on the spot here.

and amy - produce! we wanna see scars and purple stuff. and yer lovely mug.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Or was it a bright red Michael Jackson Thriller jacket...woo hoo hee hee!

Phillip i had a members only jacket. i bought it in 1981. it was black though....duh!

Jerrod (LiquidAzrael) then lets see the platform flip flop in the swimsuit!

Amy | 339 comments Mod
OK, I admit it - I don't know how to place photos in my post - but I did put a photo of me and my niece on the photos page. 'K?

And if anyone wants to give directions, that would be great...

message 11: by [deleted user] (last edited May 13, 2009 11:42PM) (new)

Hey Amy! Great to put a face to the posts at last! (Hmmm that sounds...like some kind of medievil torture technique, but you know what I mean.)

Phillip i've been looking at amy's avatar for so long, i thought, "no, that's not her, amy's hair is usually on fire.

vj - hells yeah we wanna see your damn bikini and platform flip flops!

i'll see if i can find an old photo of the member's only jacket. may be hard to do. a leather jacket photo? no problem.

Jerrod (LiquidAzrael) VJ, don't you remember, before the great deletion, the whole we want a picture of you in your flip flops, and that some how turned into you in your new bathing suit wearing flip flops?

Phillip sweet.

moving on:

where are the bikini and platform flip flop pics????????????????????????

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I like it.

Jerrod (LiquidAzrael) make sure it's old school, with the rear mesh on the hat!

message 17: by Phillip (last edited May 15, 2009 07:06PM) (new)

Phillip i'd settle for a bikini, cowboy hat and cowboy boots.

and rob's right...you brought it up.

Jerrod (LiquidAzrael) hey, no getting out of the platform flip flops

Amy | 339 comments Mod
thanks for all my photo love!

and Phillip, I always try to wear some kind of jewelry around my nieces that they can marvel at and attempt to cling to...

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Where's VJ at, btw?

Phillip Glad you're back among us.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Glad all is well now, at least, VJ. Speaking of torrents, it hasn't stopped raining over here in about a week.

Phillip Rob,

Funny you should mention that song, I was listening to The Mothers Live at the Filmore East and they go into that tune toward the end of the set. I've been listening to early Zappa all afternoon.

message 24: by Phillip (last edited Jul 07, 2009 12:29AM) (new)

Phillip Vai was in the band for awhile. He was with him when I saw Zappa at The Palace in Hollywood....that was '89 or '90 I think. I saw Zappa several times over the years and always enjoyed the shows. I've been marveling at how innovative some of his early stuff was, from the late 60's: he was using pre-recorded tape stuff, using noise and a lot of other things that bands like Throbbing Gristle (who I like a lot) were doing in the 80's and being hailed as groundbreaking. I think that's why a lot of musicisms like him so much, he was a real visionary. AND, at the same time all he was doing was integrating things that the early modernists were doing in the '20s and '30s (composers like Varese, Satie, Ligeti)...

Phillip Oh, I forgot...there was a CD from VJ waiting for me when I got home. Thanks VJ!

Witchabilly | 55 comments Oooh, pictures! I will have to contribute soon!

Witchabilly | 55 comments Okay, I'm with Amy on this - I don't know how to do the htmlmlml. I posted a few photos to my profile, though

Phillip hooray! authentic witchabilly photos...you just know without even looking at them that gina will be totally stylin'....

message 29: by Phillip (last edited Sep 25, 2009 08:56PM) (new)

Phillip just checked out gina's photos.....careful heading over there, fellahs; my heart practically leaped out of my chest.

Witchabilly | 55 comments Oh, pshaw! You're too sweet, PG.

Funny thing, I think I like myself best as a witch! I'm trying to decide whether to stick with the traditional or to be the Bride of Frankenstein this year.

message 31: by Phillip (last edited Sep 26, 2009 08:11AM) (new)

Phillip i always thought my ex was cutest on halloween in her goth vampire costume. she used to say, "i know, you wish i'd dress this way every day."

and she was right.

i say go with the bride of frankenstein, that would be a great look for you. but you have to post photos!

Witchabilly | 55 comments I will! What are the rest of you planning on for Halloween costumes?

Witchabilly | 55 comments Be sure to post pictures, VJ!

Phillip i'm not sure yet what i'm doing....i think playing somewhere.

i've just about finished off the jam that vicky jean sent. damn, that was delicious.

Phillip sounds fun!

Phillip how sad, i was going to hitchhike up to seattle and crash the party....

Amy | 339 comments Mod
I got to see my nieces' costumes last night - Gracie the 5-yr-old is going to be a Viking princess, while Anabelle, the almost-3-yr-old, is going to be a mermaid. They looked so incredibly cute! (says the fawning auntie...)

Phillip i've always been fond of mermaids...

Witchabilly | 55 comments Mermaids are the best!

Amy | 339 comments Mod
So...is this group dead? Did the Great Deletion kill it off? Mayhap. If we think this is the case, what say ye to moving our CD swap to VJ's and KD's music group (and hey, if we do this, could I be a mod too, pretty please?).

message 41: by Phillip (last edited Nov 25, 2009 10:13AM) (new)

Phillip i was sick and now i'm on tour again. sorry i haven't posted much lately!

don't let this group die!

Amy | 339 comments Mod
OK - Roger!

Phillip if amy wants to be a mod, delete me and add her!

Phillip nahhhhhhhh.

vj, are you hearing this????

Jerrod (LiquidAzrael) not dead, busy time at work and epically distracted by my personal project... building an authentic arcade cabinet, oh and reading slow doesn't help either.

Phillip welcome back from the un-dead, jerrod!

Jerrod (LiquidAzrael) someone should smack rob for suggesting that have another Great Deletion. Been reading posts, just not posting as much here. Still stalking the group though.

Phillip there's pictures of vj with glasses? bring them on!

i missed you baby...way too much.

Amy | 339 comments Mod
I missed you too!

No more Great Deletions!

Phillip none....zilch....nada....zero....ingenting....nitchivo.

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread