J.D. Robb discussion

In Death Unplugged > Who's right for Troy Trueheart?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 60) (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (Ejaygirl) | 9289 comments Mod
With each new story, we get some references that Troy Trueheart is dating someone and it seems exclusive. I think we all feel he's pretty special, so....what type of woman do you think is ideal for him? Someone as sweet natured as he is or polar opposite, someone that will challenge him?

What do you think?

message 2: by Sheri (new)

Sheri Morell (smorell22) | 1877 comments i think it should be some sweet natured like him...i wouldn't want him to change anything...i love trueheart

message 3: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 3101 comments Oh, I think she should be a little of both. I think she needs to challenge him, but would have to have that sweet nature underneath

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

Do you think he needs to have a heartbreak before he finds "the one"?

message 5: by Sheri (new)

Sheri Morell (smorell22) | 1877 comments i can see that but she would have to have that sweet nature that he has

message 6: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 3101 comments Oh, well of course that is how it is in real life, but why read romance if we can't escape those realities. No, I would be very angry if someone truly broke his heart. Maybe a little strife on the way to HEA?

message 7: by Jonetta (new)

Because I don't see this series as romance, I sometimes forget that others do and that means a HEA. I was thinking it would make that next one more special.

message 8: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 3101 comments I definitely see it as a mystery/romance. And yes, it would be the normal way. It could always come out that the girl from Purity broke his heart (off screen) and this is the one.

message 9: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (Gabrielle23) | 314 comments what's HEA?

message 10: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1038 comments Happily Ever After

message 11: by Quynh (new)

Quynh (Caskett) | 1263 comments Trueheart is so straight laced so I kind of want someone who challenges him and knocks him on his feet. She could be a mix of naughty and nice. She knows who she is as a person, what she wants and don't care much of what others think of her... Except maybe Eve, if she ever meets our Eve considering how Trueheart admires her and crushes on her a little too. I want our Trueheart to have a little fun and let loose! As long as she treats him good, she'll be welcomed into the family. :)

message 12: by Jonetta (new)

I like that, Quynh!

message 13: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (InDeathAddict) | 1069 comments I agree with you Quynh. She need to be someone who helps him to let loose and have fun. I also think they have to share same basic values, but she needs to think and be different. For instance, where he is straight laced and regimented, dream girl, might be the fly by the seat of her pants girl, open and total extrovert.

message 14: by Sheery (new)

Sheery (wwwgoodreadscomprofilesheery) | 39 comments How about Nadine for him? LOL I don't know why but that is in my head and won't let go. :)

message 15: by Jonetta (new)

Sheery, I've tried to imagine these two together and keep struggling. Tell us more about how you'd see them as a couple...

message 16: by Sheri (new)

Sheri Morell (smorell22) | 1877 comments yeah i can't see it either...first i think she would be a little to old for him...second i can see nadine with someone more like baxter then trueheart....tell us more am very interested

message 17: by Quynh (new)

Quynh (Caskett) | 1263 comments I think Nadine's personality is too strong for Troy. I feel like she would walk all over our sweet Trueheart.

message 18: by JuliaOrlando (new)

JuliaOrlando What if she was a female Baxter?

message 19: by Sheery (new)

Sheery (wwwgoodreadscomprofilesheery) | 39 comments I know Nadine is older than Troy but I don't think it's a ridiculous age difference. In the last book Baxter and Eve were having a conversation about Trueheart just knowing who the killer was in a case he was working with Baxter. Then he broke the person down in interrogation and ended up closing the case. It's the case that has Baxter going to bat for Trueheart to take his Detective's test. I just got the impression that Troy has toughened up some and really come into his own. He's still sweet but not so sappy or green anymore.

Now Nadine, she is anything but green. In fact, she is a little bit jaded. While I think her slight cynicism is understandable, I think she needs some romance in her life and perhaps a little softening. I just think Troy and Nadine are really solid people and that their opposite personality traits would balance one another nicely.

Can you see it now? A little? :)

message 20: by Jonetta (new)

I can see it a LOT! Thanks for that reminder about him being tougher now.

That might be an interesting perspective...she a bit world weary and he a bit young but definitely more seasoned. HE might be the ticket for her.

Thanks, Sheery...you've given me something to noodle on.

message 21: by Jonetta (new)

And, would that just blow everyone's mind???

message 22: by Sheery (new)

Sheery (wwwgoodreadscomprofilesheery) | 39 comments Now I'm really hoping JDR puts Troy and Nadine together. I think they'd have a really great dynamic. Plus, it would be so funny to see Eve wig out about it. LOL

message 23: by Jonetta (new)

They would need to have a significant portion of the book devoted to their developing relationship. It could work.

message 24: by JuliaOrlando (new)

JuliaOrlando And you know Nadine would be talking about their S E X life, just to push Eve's buttons.

message 25: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 3101 comments This was a scenario I initially balked at, until I read the second post, which laid it all out a little clearer. I have always been a proponent of Nadine and Baxter, because I think she could knock him on his arrogant little rear end; however, I can now see how a little of the sweetheart could be a positive in Nadine's life and Troy could use a little of the world weary. Hmmm.

message 26: by Jonetta (new)

It does start to seem more appealing, doesn't it? Good job, Sheery!

message 27: by Quynh (new)

Quynh (Caskett) | 1263 comments Idk, I think I'm in the only camp who can't see them that way. :P

message 28: by Jonetta (new)

That's okay, Quynh...it's a leap and I got lucky that Sheery's post struck the right chord for me.

message 29: by Quynh (new)

Quynh (Caskett) | 1263 comments It'll be interesting to see what JDR does with these characters, I want them to find their other half and take the fall.

message 30: by Jonetta (new)

Nadine is well overdue for an HEA. Trueheart should have at least had a romance by now, and I'm not talking about those one or two sentence references from time to time either!

message 31: by Quynh (new)

Quynh (Caskett) | 1263 comments Yes, Nadine is definitely overdue!

message 32: by Sheery (new)

Sheery (wwwgoodreadscomprofilesheery) | 39 comments I agree that Nadine is overdue for her HEA. And I just want to know more about Troy. I think the two of them together would be a crazy ride but definitely one worth taking.

Quynh, it is totally a leap. It's just one I happen to be stuck on. (view spoiler) So maybe, even if JDR does go the Nadine and Troy route, it may not work for you. :)

message 33: by Quynh (new)

Quynh (Caskett) | 1263 comments Lol yea, it'd be quite a stretch for me to get into their relationship if JDR decides to go that route. But it'd be interesting to see how she would work it for character development and dynamics.

message 34: by Ladyacct (new)

Ladyacct | 153 comments Who knows ole Troy might like to dominate in the bedroom - it's always the quiet ones you have to look out for ya know.....

message 35: by Jonetta (new)

Thank you for that image and the chuckle, Ladyacct:) Hear him roar!!!

Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥ (sandrahoover) | 7455 comments Mod
LOL!! Too funny, Ladyacct...you're absolutely right though. Guess we'll see what JDR decides to do.

message 37: by Quynh (new)

Quynh (Caskett) | 1263 comments Hahahahaha. I would love to see that.

message 38: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1038 comments Oh my gosh! That made me laugh out loud! Thanks for that! I feel like crap today! Dr. appt in 30 mins! Yay! I'm hoping for some legals.... (get it?)

message 39: by Jonetta (new)

Yep! Demerol works for me:)

message 40: by Ladyacct (new)

Ladyacct | 153 comments Here's wishing he's hung like a colt (no horses that's just painful)

message 41: by Ladyacct (new)

Ladyacct | 153 comments Just for Nadines sake of course -))))))

message 42: by Jonetta (new)

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 43: by Vera (new)

Vera Maslow | 395 comments Lol! All I have to say is just wow lol.
I think I can see a Troy:Nadine thing working but I don't think I can get on board with it. It just seems awkward in my head!

message 44: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 1718 comments I see nadine having a fling with baxter more than her and trueheart getting together

Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥ (sandrahoover) | 7455 comments Mod
That was priceless, Ladyacct!! I'm still LOL!

message 46: by Ladyacct (new)

Ladyacct | 153 comments Nadine and Baxter are too much alike I think

message 47: by Beth (new)

Beth | 87 comments I have to admit I had never thought of Nadine and Trueheart together, but the idea does grow on you. As an added bonus I think it would drive Eve wild with worry. She has a real soft spot for Troy.

message 48: by Jonetta (last edited Jul 06, 2013 11:47AM) (new)

I've got to admit I never would have put these two together but ever since the idea was planted and now with Ladyacct's new imagery....it's starting to have the makings of a really fun storyline. Can you imagine Eve's reaction when Nadine starts sharing about his sexual "prowess"? Let alone her reaction to discover they're dating. You think she was mad about Peabody and (view spoiler)!

message 49: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 1718 comments Lmao!!!!!

message 50: by Ladyacct (new)

Ladyacct | 153 comments Omgoodmess could you just imagine that conversation between eve and rourke about nadines desire to get spanked and trueheart being the one to dish it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread