Goodreads Author Feedback Group discussion

Ask Goodreads > Goodreads button

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kim Hotzon (KimHotzon) | 1 comments How do I upload the Goodreads button to my author website? I have tried right clicking and highlighting it but it doesn't upload as a working link. I have also tried opening the button in new tab but it doesn't work either. Any help appreciated!

message 2: by David (last edited Jun 08, 2013 07:33PM) (new)

David Richards (dgr2) | 12 comments Go to the very bottom of this page and click on author programme. The link will take you to a page explaining lots of stuff. Its worth having a look at.

On that page, I think in the group of topics entitled: Take Control of Your Profile, there will be this bullet point:

•Add the Goodreads Author widget to to your personal website or blog to show off reviews of your books.

If you click on the Goodreads Author Widget link this will take you to a page that contains the buttons you want and how to configure them. What you will get is a bit of html text to cut and paste into your website. This will have your author id in it (because you are signed in when you look for it, and it knows -spooky) and when anyone clicks on it on your website it will go directly to you on Goodreads. There are widgets and buttons that link to your books and show reviews and so on. Have a look.

message 3: by Patrick, Director, Author Marketing (new)

Patrick Brown | 262 comments Mod
Kim wrote: "How do I upload the Goodreads button to my author website? I have tried right clicking and highlighting it but it doesn't upload as a working link. I have also tried opening the button in new tab..."

You should be able to right-click on it and select "Save image as" as the option. Then you'd need to use HTML code for images and links to add it to your author website. Hope that clarifies a bit.

message 4: by Kerry (last edited Jun 10, 2013 09:01PM) (new)

Kerry Reis (kerry_reis) | 10 comments Kim, you will also be able to get to the Author Widgets page through your Author Dashboard. You will find it in the right column of your dashboard. The widget page has a selection of Goodread button icons that you can save via Patrick's method - Right click, Save image as... There are also three widgets with the ability to configure the HTML code for your needs - a Review widget that will provide an a box with reviews for any of your books, an Add to my Books widget that provides a button to allow users to add your book to their shelves, and a Books widget that displays your book cover with reviews and ratings stats next to it.

Amrit Chima (AmritChima) Patrick wrote: "Kim wrote: "How do I upload the Goodreads button to my author website? I have tried right clicking and highlighting it but it doesn't upload as a working link. I have also tried opening the butto..."

I'm sorry. Maybe I'm slow, but where does one get the html code for the buttons. I want one button that leads to my book and another to my author profile page. Can you help?

Thanks, Amrit

message 6: by Alex, Goodreads Expert Team Lead (new)

Alex Lewis (ucbStirling) | 134 comments Mod
Amrit,

You might have to play around with it a bit on your site, but this site has some simple HTML tutorials for how to turn the button images (which is what we make available--no code attached) into links.

unread topics | mark unread