Fans of Tristi Pinkston discussion

Shannon Hale > Who has read Austenland, and what did you think of it?

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Tristi | 40 comments Mod
Shannon Hale's "Austenland" is one of my favorite recently discovered books. Did you enjoy it? What did and didn't you like about it?

message 2: by Heather (last edited Apr 22, 2009 05:34AM) (new)

Heather | 3 comments Austenland was a great book. I loved the way that the Austen books were alluded to. The main character was quirky, yet totally relatable. I reviewed the book in another site and was chastised for liking a book that had some carefree kissing in it. I laughed--if that's all that's wrong with the world, I'll take it!

Vicki (dragonshelver) | 4 comments I loved Austenland! I really enjoyed how they had to dress and act in character while staying there. How fun would that be!

Heather | 3 comments I also reviewed this book on my blog. It was a really fun read, and even gave it to my husband to read. I don't think he 'got' it the way I did, partly because he's not a woman, and partly because he's not an Austen freak like I am, but even he enjoyed it. Great characters, fun situation, I'd totally recommend it to anyone.

Sabine | 13 comments I loved Austenland. I know that SH took some slack for the kissing scenes and when she said this I was dying. There is a point when people need to stop bashing the harmless books. Sometimes I wonder if people really believe what they are saying or if they just want to make a problem. I would give Austenland to my nieces in HS before I gave them several other YA books that have fallen across my path. Austenland is truly a favorite in my view.

Ronda Hinrichsen | 3 comments I liked the premise of Austenland much more than the actual story, but I REALLY loved the ending. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy the book, but it took me a while to really get into it.

Ann | 1 comments I liked Austenland. It was fun to think about the clients pretending to live that life 24/7 and the ending was such a great twist! Made me want to read more of the Austen books, since I am more familiar with the movies than the books at this point.

Rachelle (rachellej) | 3 comments Tristi wrote: "Shannon Hale's "Austenland" is one of my favorite recently discovered books. Did you enjoy it? What did and didn't you like about it?"

Oh, that was hilarious! I loved the voice of the characters and kept smiling all the way through. Shannon Hale is amazing.

Tristi | 40 comments Mod
I think Shannon did take something we'd all love to do - go be an Austen heroine for a time - and made it possible. That definitely makes the book appealing, and I loved her personal voice throughout. She did take some flak for it, but there are those who will cause a stir over anything.

unread topics | mark unread