Dragons in our Midst and Oracles of Fire! discussion

Bones of Makaidos!!!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 65) (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Haley (new)

Haley (glorywings00) | 31 comments Mod
Ok I finished the Bones of Makaidos last night, and everyone who would like to discuss the book, characters, etc please comment! we need more ppl!

message 2: by James (new)

James Mashburn (Jameses) | 6 comments i started last night and finished it at 6 today

message 3: by James (new)

James Mashburn (Jameses) | 6 comments do you think thell be more about billy and bonnies kids?

message 4: by Ally (new)

Ally There might be. I'll be haunting Bryan Davis's facebook to find out.

I loved the book. I'm not sure where to begin a discussion.

message 5: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing | 39 comments Who thinks that Billy and Bonnie's wedding was THE best ever??

message 6: by Ally (new)

Ally I do! I think the whole ending was the best ever. (If anyone reading this hasn't read the book yet, I'm sorry if that's a spoiler for you. But you really need to read the book) I adore Walter's proposal to Ashley with the snowman.

message 7: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing | 39 comments Yes! That was awsome! The part about Ashley shouting yes was funny to. But my fav. line in all of the books is "Death to all who enter Heaven naked!" that was hillarious!

message 8: by Timothy (new)

Timothy (jebnert) | 3 comments They get married in the end?!?! i didnt know that

message 9: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing | 39 comments Didn't you read it?

Kate (theshortone) (dragoness5000) I think they're wedding was awesome!!!!!!!!! I'm pretty sure Mr. Davis will make another series about they're kids. I really hope so!

message 11: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing | 39 comments I made a Dragons in our Midst RP! here is the link: http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/3282...

Kate (theshortone) (dragoness5000) I am starting to re-read all the books. They are awesome. I love how Mr. Davis puts so much biblical truth into all his books.

Kate (theshortone) (dragoness5000) The Bones of Makaidos has to be the best book yet. The lovely writing Mr. Davis puts into it caught me up the very first chapter.

message 14: by Justin (new)

Justin (readtobreathe) | 29 comments this is definitely the best book, i've reread it like 5 times. He's making a new series in this plot you know.

message 15: by Justin (new)

Justin (readtobreathe) | 29 comments My favorite line in the entire series is when billy says, " forever and ever bonnie, I will always be your friend." and, "I'd like bonnie, with or without wings." The only plot line I didn't like in the series was when Bonnie became an Oracle of Fire. But the wedding waaaay more made up for it, I loved the book. Walter's proposal was sooo funny and creative, it was inspiring for my future.

message 16: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing | 39 comments I liked the wedding too- it was the best part of the book. When I finish reading, I had that happy feeling- you know, when you just want to sing and dance and jump around because you have this inexplicable feeling of joy welling up from inside yourself.

Kate (theshortone) (dragoness5000) I know what you mean I was so happy I was literally jumping around.

message 18: by Justin (new)

Justin (readtobreathe) | 29 comments I cried for joy so hard that my parents asked what was wrong, and I also laughed so much I could hardly breathe.

Kate (theshortone) (dragoness5000) Nice...

message 20: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing | 39 comments Cool.

message 21: by Danae (new)

Danae (danaenicole) | 2 comments Justin wrote: "My favorite line in the entire series is when billy says, " forever and ever bonnie, I will always be your friend." and, "I'd like bonnie, with or without wings." The only plot line I didn't like i..."

interesting.. the only plot line i didn't like in the series was walter and ashley getting married. it seemed forced to me. i didn't mind bonnie becoming an oracle of fire but i don't really understand it because she's not the same as the other two oracles of fire.. i'm reading the series again. maybe i'll understand it better this time through.

message 22: by Justin (new)

Justin (readtobreathe) | 29 comments Cool.

message 23: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing | 39 comments Really? I think Walter and Ashley are a good couple… they obviously liked eachother. Bonnie could've not been an oracle, though. It was kinda pointless. I like the part where she defeated the flames, though.

message 24: by Justin (new)

Justin (readtobreathe) | 29 comments Yeah, I saw the walter/ashley thing coming.

message 25: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing | 39 comments It kind of had to happen. If it didn't, there would be an angry mob of fans descending upon Brian Davis.

message 26: by Justin (new)

Justin (readtobreathe) | 29 comments Totally, who here thought that Acacia would be killed?

message 27: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing | 39 comments I kinda figured after her 'revelation' about the prophecy. I quote "Her life is chaff and soon will burn." that kinda gives you a hint.

message 28: by Justin (new)

Justin (readtobreathe) | 29 comments Yeah, about then I got a little upset. Two things that i wasn't expecting though was Flint helping and Goliath sacrificing himself.

message 29: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing | 39 comments Yeah, that was unexpected. Nice, though. I didn't want makaidos to die again.

message 30: by Justin (new)

Justin (readtobreathe) | 29 comments Honestly, I wasn't expecting the dragon/goliath thing

message 31: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing | 39 comments Same. It does make sense though… and it's nice to know that Goliath could be a nice person.

message 32: by Justin (new)

Justin (readtobreathe) | 29 comments Yeah, I almost felt sorry for him.

message 33: by Justin (new)

Justin (readtobreathe) | 29 comments What was the biggest twist in either series? In my opinion it was Bonnie died. Oh my gosh, I couldn't breathe untill she came back to life.

message 34: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing | 39 comments I feel bad for him. He did repent, after all.

message 35: by Justin (new)

Justin (readtobreathe) | 29 comments Dovewing, I liked your test.

message 36: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing | 39 comments Thanks.

message 37: by Sylvaine Amando (new)

Sylvaine Amando (Faeltheonfan) | 11 comments Dovewing wrote: "Who thinks that Billy and Bonnie's wedding was THE best ever??" oh my gosh yes! I cried when Prof came in to marry them

message 38: by Sylvaine Amando (new)

Sylvaine Amando (Faeltheonfan) | 11 comments Dovewing wrote: "It kind of had to happen. If it didn't, there would be an angry mob of fans descending upon Brian Davis."
I figured it out. She was the only one that didn't have a love

message 39: by Justin (new)

Justin (readtobreathe) | 29 comments I'm so excited for the new book!

message 40: by Sylvaine Amando (new)

Sylvaine Amando (Faeltheonfan) | 11 comments I know right

message 41: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing | 39 comments It comes out in June! *half-squeals, completely out of character*

message 42: by Justin (new)

Justin (readtobreathe) | 29 comments Have you guys read Starlighter?

message 43: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing | 39 comments I have! I've also read Warrior, as well as the echos from the edge series.

message 44: by Justin (new)

Justin (readtobreathe) | 29 comments Yeah, I just got Warrior on thursday, but I've finished it, it's really good. I haven't read Echoes from the Edge, is it good?

message 45: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing | 39 comments Yes. The first book doesn't mention God much, but the other books do.

message 46: by Justin (new)

Justin (readtobreathe) | 29 comments Yeah, have you read Master and Slayer?

message 47: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing | 39 comments No, but I should.

message 48: by Justin (new)

Justin (readtobreathe) | 29 comments It's really good, and it tells the story of Marcelle and Adrian as they travel to starlighter.

message 49: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing | 39 comments Yup.

message 50: by Jared (new)

Jared (Superstars111) | 4 comments James wrote: "do you think thell be more about billy and bonnies kids?"

I think so. He's writing a new series called Children of the Bard.

« previous 1

Dragons in our Midst and Oracles of Fire!

unread topics | mark unread