Laugh out Loud Book Club discussion

Books > What book are you reading?

Comments (showing 380-429)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 429: by Abbie (new)

Abbie (Abbiebum) | 205 comments I'm glad!

message 428: by [deleted user] (new)

So far I am loving it. I was surprised to find that the book jumped straight into the action in the first chapter! My husband already finished it and decided it was his favorite.

message 427: by Abbie (new)

Abbie (Abbiebum) | 205 comments Linda Grace wrote I've been reading a lot over the past couple of weeks. I am currently on Dance With The Devil, Chasing the Horizon Our Adventures Through the British Isles and France, and will be starting The Last Olympian today.

Have you enjoyed the Last Olympian?

message 426: by Angie (new)

Angie  (AngelitaBonita) I just started Anna Karenina and I am listening to The Cat Who Blew The Whistle on my drive to work.

message 425: by [deleted user] (new)

Finished Dance With The Devil and started The Last Olympian.

message 424: by Jo (new)

Jo I'm reading Dead to the World

message 423: by [deleted user] (new)

I've been reading a lot over the past couple of weeks. I am currently on Dance With The Devil, Chasing the Horizon Our Adventures Through the British Isles and France, and will be starting The Last Olympian today.

message 422: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla VdL (dunnopris) reading "Deception Point by Dan Brown"
the first book of him i'm reading

message 421: by Abbie (new)

Abbie (Abbiebum) | 205 comments I just started The Story of My Life about Hellen Keller.

message 420: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla VdL (dunnopris) oh winter girls (really want to read it)..
reading The secret life of bees (what do you think of this book?)
after exams are over(this Friday).. I'll start reading Narnia! and sins it December it's a perfect month to read Narnia :D

message 419: by Pollyanna (new)

Pollyanna (Polly8) I'm reading Wintergirls at the moment. I'm half way through and it is really interesting, becoming a real fan of Laurie Halse Anderson she writes so beautifully.

message 418: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (Titch) Just finished Pretties. Wow, what a book. Had me stuck to it over the past 48hrs. This is a great 2nd book for this series. Shows you how Tally and the gang start thinking for themselves and all the trouble they get into lol. Can't wait to see what happens next in the next installment.

I would say 8/10 again for me.

Now reading Megan's Way

message 416: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh okay. Maybe that one will be his favorite then.

message 415: by Abbie (new)

Abbie (Abbiebum) | 205 comments I can understand that. The last one is a little bit more intense than the others too.

message 414: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm loving the Percy Jackson series! I've been reading them out loud to my husband and he is enjoying them as well, but he doesn't like that they are children's books so much. He would rather have more intense battles.

message 413: by Abbie (new)

Abbie (Abbiebum) | 205 comments Do you like the Percy Jackson's so far? I just picked up one callled Aria of the Sea. It's pretty interesting. I am still working on Count of Monte Cristo, The.

message 412: by [deleted user] (new)

Finished The Titan's Curse and will continue the series with The Battle of the Labyrinth. Also reading Shadowland and Skinny-Dipping.

message 411: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (Titch) Finished the marvellous Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld and will now read [image error]

message 410: by Jo (new)

Jo Im reading Club Dead

message 409: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (Titch) Will finish Uglies - Scott Westerfeld today and then read Pretties - Scott Westerfeld.

message 408: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (Titch) Linda Grace wrote: "Sounds interesting in theory. I guess it really depends on where Westerfeld goes with it. I'm curious to see what he does with that."

So am I tbh, I have these from library. So I might get through the Uglies series (the 3 I have here) and then try and read his other series (Midnighters).

message 407: by [deleted user] (new)

Sounds interesting in theory. I guess it really depends on where Westerfeld goes with it. I'm curious to see what he does with that.

message 406: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (Titch) Linda Grace wrote: "I haven't read Midnighters yet, but I do plan on reading those in 2010 as well. So far, I have only read the 3 from the uglies series, but a lot of his other books look good to me. "

A friend's opinion on the Midnighters series Linda:

I read the first installment of "Midnighters", another series by Westerfeld about an extra hour in the day where everyone is frozen except for one group of kids, but I didn't find it as good as Uglies. I found myself wondering what the big issue was of having an extra hour and didn't really see the point.

message 405: by [deleted user] (new)

I haven't read Midnighters yet, but I do plan on reading those in 2010 as well. So far, I have only read the 3 from the uglies series, but a lot of his other books look good to me.

message 404: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (Titch) Linda Grace wrote: "I've read the first 3 also. I still haven't gotten around to Extras. I think because it was about different characters that it wasn't too high up on my priority list. Probably sometime soon I wi..."

Linda, have you read his other books? I have his Midnighters series here as well.

message 403: by [deleted user] (new)

I've read the first 3 also. I still haven't gotten around to Extras. I think because it was about different characters that it wasn't too high up on my priority list. Probably sometime soon I will get to it.

message 402: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (Titch) Spiderlily2 wrote: "Oh they are good; I read the Pretties and Specials, but never got the last one."

They are a series and the last 1 is Extras if thats any help.

Uglies
Pretties
Specials
Extras

thats the order in the series hon xx

message 401: by Abbie (new)

Abbie (Abbiebum) | 205 comments Oh they are good; I read the Pretties and Specials, but never got the last one.

message 400: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (Titch) I am reading Uglies - Scott Westerfeld

message 399: by [deleted user] (new)

I finished the House of Night series... what is out of them at least. I think the last book is my favorite so far. Now I have started the Percy Jackson series and am starting the second book, The Sea of Monsters, today.

message 398: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla VdL (dunnopris) Reading "La celestina by Fernando rojas"
still not done reading DOn Quixote
and also started reading today Deception point by Dan brown...
before i continue reading deception point(want to keep reading it) tough i have to read the Spanish books first for school

message 397: by [deleted user] (new)

Sounds interesting Ellie.

I am reading Tempted. Finally almost finished with the house of night series. I think I am going to read Percy Jackson next. My husband already finished the first one and we were planning on reading them together, so I guess I should catch up!

message 396: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (EllieS) | 3 comments I'm in the middle of "the white tiger." I like it a lot.

message 395: by [deleted user] (new)

Reading Hunted. Only have 1 more House of night book after this one and then I will be able to start one of the other series I currently own but have not started. I have Chronicles of Narnia, Lord of the Rings, Percy Jackson, and Dark-hunter.

message 394: by David (new)

David Dail Just picked up Tank Lords by David Drake.

message 393: by David (new)

David Dail PRis wrote: " Now going to start reading "Gulliver's travels by Jonathan Swift"..
Has anyone heard something of this book?
"

Gulliver's Travels is an excellent book full of great imagery. I could also reccomend Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe if you haven't read it.

message 392: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla VdL (dunnopris) Now going to start reading "Gulliver's travels by Jonathan Swift"..
Has anyone heard something of this book?

message 391: by Terry (new)

Terry Mora | 2 comments I am listening to Mastering the Seven Decisions, by Andy Andrews.I just started Hunger Games. Lover of Audio Books here:)

message 390: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla VdL (dunnopris) reading "Cantar de mio Cid" (Anonymous)
a Spanish literature classic... really enjoying it..(because i like history)

message 389: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla VdL (dunnopris) Finished reading "El tunel by ernesto sabato"

message 388: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (Titch) Finished reading Poor Little Bitch Girl - Jackie Collins and now deciding to read Housewife In Love - Alison Penton Harper

message 387: by [deleted user] (new)

House of Night is by P.C. Cast. I enjoy the storyline very much, but a lot of the dialogue is childish. The author did have her 13 year old daughter help her write them, so that may be why. If you can ignore that part of it, then the story is actually pretty good.

message 386: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah22) I just finished Lament by. Maggie Steifvater. And it was so amazing!! Its a YA book. but very good for young adult and older readers. I start Ballad the 2nd book in the series later this week. I am so excited.

Are the house of night books very good? Who is the author I forgot?

message 385: by Abbie (new)

Abbie (Abbiebum) | 205 comments SPOILERS

I agree but at least they rescued in the end. I'm reading Dewey: The Small Town Library Cat Who Touched the World. It is really cute.

message 384: by [deleted user] (new)

Now I'm reading Untamed. I'm going to try to finish House of Night this weekend.

message 383: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (Titch) Finished The Colour of Heaven - James Runcie. Now I am gonna read Poor Little *** Girl - Jackie Collins.

message 382: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn't like Lord of the Flies. There are so many better books we could be reading for school. I think schools should assign some classic novels and some newer ones instead of using all older books. Just because they are old doesn't make them better!! :)

I am reading Chosen.

message 381: by Abbie (new)

Abbie (Abbiebum) | 205 comments Ick I have to read Lord of the Flies for School. The plot is pretty good but Goldstein drones a bit...

message 380: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (Titch) Having such a slow month so far. So I am still reading The Colour of Heaven - James Runice.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Iron Kissed (other topics)
The Curse of Addy McMahon (other topics)
Paper Towns (other topics)
Adverbs (other topics)
Notes from a Small Island (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Agatha Christie (other topics)
John Grisham (other topics)
Cassandra Clare (other topics)
Laurell K. Hamilton (other topics)
Karen Chance (other topics)
More...