Avid Readers discussion

General > Introduce yourself!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 91) (91 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Owllover (new)

Owllover | 183 comments Mod
Introduce yourself here! What is your name and your favorite book. You can some more stuff about yourself if you like. I'll start.

My name is Liza and I love Divergent.

message 2: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Anderson (Marilyn344) My name is Marilyn, or just call me Mar, and I am a huge reader.

message 3: by Owllover (new)

Hello Mar! Welcome tto avid readers!

message 4: by Joya (new)

Joya | 43 comments Hi, my name is Joya.
I love reading, and enjoy discussing and seeing different opinions about books.

message 5: by Owllover (new)

Hello Joya! Hope you enjoy being on Avid Readers!

message 6: by Alisa (new)

Alisa (dontunderestimatemycuteness) Hey Owllover? Do you know if I'm allowed to start a discussion?

message 7: by Owllover (new)

Are you a moderator? Do you mean the request a book talk?

message 9: by Owllover (new)

Welcome to Avid Readers! Check out our contests for August. I'm Liza.

message 11: by E.j. (new)

E.j. | 11 comments Hey, I'm E.j. I think this is like the third time today that I've said this, but thanks for inviting me Paige! XD

Cαiтℓуn |From my prison there is no escape|  | 18 comments Lol, E.j.! I will say it for the third time too: Your welcome and Thank you for coming! ;)

message 13: by Owllover (new)

E.j. wrote: "Hey, I'm E.j. I think this is like the third time today that I've said this, but thanks for inviting me Paige! XD"

Hello EJ! Check out some of out contests and other stuff here! Hope you like it!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I am that book your mother said you should NEVER read..... Go On, You Know You Want To....

message 15: by Katrina (new)

Katrina Hi! I'm Katrina. :)
When I was younger, I was obsessed with the Magic Treehouse Books. Now I am a huge Harry Potter and Brandon Mull fan.

message 16: by Owllover (new)

Cool! When I was little I was obsessed with Magic Treehouse, too! Welcome to avid readers!

message 17: by Katrina (new)

Katrina Thanks! And honestly, I'll still read them whenever a new book comes out. ;)

message 18: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (Elmira001) | 19 comments Hey, I'm Amanda and I love reading.

message 19: by Owllover (new)

Hello Amanda! Welcome to Avid Readers! I love reading to :)

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

heyyy im anna<3

message 21: by Sydney (new)

Sydney | 65 comments Mod
Hey I'm Sydney and I love divergent and I am a total reader

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

heyy heyy heyy

message 23: by Owllover (new)

Sydney wrote: "Hey I'm Sydney and I love divergent and I am a total reader"

Welcome to Avid Readers, Sydney!

message 24: by Owllover (new)

Anna wrote: "heyyy im anna<3"

Hope you like Avid Readers, Anna. Check out some of our contests and comment in the discussions!

ღSophia {In the TARDIS} Winchesterღ (Sophie2luv) Haiuo guys!! ☺
I'm Melody - feel free to call me Mels or whatever the heck of my last long name is :)

description

message 26: by Katie (new)

Katie | 3 comments Hi! I'm Katie! Nice to meet you, Melody!

message 27: by Owllover (new)

ღMelody {On The Road Again} Valdezღ wrote: "Haiuo guys!! ☺
I'm Melody - feel free to call me Mels or whatever the heck of my last long name is :)

"

Hello! Welcome to Avid Readers!

message 28: by Owllover (new)

Katie wrote: "Hi! I'm Katie! Nice to meet you, Melody!"

Welcome Katie! I hope you enjoy being with Avid Readers!

ღSophia {In the TARDIS} Winchesterღ (Sophie2luv) Hey Katie and hey Owl ☺
Pleased to write to you guys :D

message 30: by Heather (new)

Heather Mcelravy (nationalvelvet12) | 6 comments Hi guys! I am Heather, Im not new to goodreads persay... but I DID just make an account not too long ago... I thought hey, why not join a group!? I really enjoy survival books such as Enders Game by Orson Scott Card, and the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins, and many others that are not as commonly heard of (If you would like to know about some really amazing YA survival books with heart wrenching action just let me know... Ive got one heck of a list for anyone interested!) I also enjoy reading Japanese Manga and I read lots of Crime, surviaval, paranormal and action books... and some romance stuff aswell (though that is not a big favorite) I am very excited to get read more books and am currently reading Insurgent by Veronica Roth! Message me if you want to talk more about books!!! (I dont bite! I promise!) :D

ღSophia {In the TARDIS} Winchesterღ (Sophie2luv) Hey Heather - I also enjoy reading manga (in English xD) and most of the stuff you read as well :)
My favourite type of books are paranormal romance etc.

message 32: by Owllover (new)

Heather wrote: "Hi guys! I am Heather, Im not new to goodreads persay... but I DID just make an account not too long ago... I thought hey, why not join a group!? I really enjoy survival books such as Enders Game b..."

Welcome to avid readers, Heather!

message 33: by Heather (new)

Heather Mcelravy (nationalvelvet12) | 6 comments Hey guys thank you for being so welcoming! Im excited about this group and meeting everyone in it! :)

message 34: by Owllover (new)

Thanks, Heather! Welcome!

message 35: by Joya (new)

Joya | 43 comments :)

message 36: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 107 comments Hi, I'm Teresa. I just LOVE Books and Movie.

message 37: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda Hi,
I am Lucinda and i would like to thank you for the invitation to this group.
I am an English (Degree) student and aspiring writer, currently working on my first novel in a planned series that i am aiming to publish. I am an avid reader of fantasy and yet do love to explore all kinds of genre. Everything i read i review and so i am usually kept quite busy on this site.
For more info. about me check out the '5 questions' section.
x

message 38: by Philip (new)

Philip Dodd (PHILIPDODD) | 42 comments Hello, everyone. Firstly, I would just like to thank Lucinda for inviting me to join this group. My name is Philip. I was born in 1952, live in Liverpool, England, have a degree in English literature from Newcastle University, and I have been writing songs, stories and poems since I was twelve. My first book, Angel War, which took me twenty six years to write, was published in April, 2013 by Fast Print Publishing. It could be called a work of fantasy fiction, rooted in The Bible. At the moment I am bringing to completion my light hearted, bird brain science fiction story, called Klubbe the Turkle and the Golden Star Coracle. I am fairly new to Goodreads, but I am really enjoying making a few comments here and there, reviewing some books and reading what other members have to say about our common interest, which is literature. I like reading the old masters, like Shakespeare, Milton and Homer, and some modern works of fantasy and science fiction. Recently, I have started a campaign to read more books by living authors. So I am now reading The Battle For Brisingamen by Harmony Kent, to be followed by The Fate In The Box by Michelle Lovric, a very good writer, who also wrote a very strange and wonderful book, called The Book of Human Skin.

message 39: by S.J. (new)

S.J. Hollis (SJHollis) | 10 comments I'm Shelley and I'm a YA author. My whole life revolves around reading and writing, and I resent anything that isn't about books i.e sleeping, eating, social gatherings etc..

Lucy *Qhuay's shellan* Hey, guys! :)
I'm Lucy, I'm Portuguese and I'm 20.
I have several favourite books, but as a true Potterhead, I'll always have to say Harry Potter is my number 1.
Nice to meet you all! :D

message 41: by Brittney (new)

Brittney (Brittney_Joy) | 4 comments Hi! I'm Brittney and I have too many favorite books to mention ... However, most of them include a horse or two. I'm a young adult fiction writer and have one novel available - Red Rock Ranch. Currently working on the sequel. :)

Brittney
http://www.brittneyjoybooks.sqsp.com

message 42: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda Philip wrote: "Hello, everyone. Firstly, I would just like to thank Lucinda for inviting me to join this group. My name is Philip. I was born in 1952, live in Liverpool, England, have a degree in English literatu..."

I am pleased that you joined Philip. x

message 43: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Hello I am Rebecca. I would like to thank Lucinda for inviting me to this group. :) I read quite a variety of book, and I have sooo many I would like to read but have not gotten around to yet. I think if I had to pick a favorite I would say Divergent and the River of Time series.

message 44: by Marjorie (new)

Marjorie DeLuca (Marjoried) | 3 comments Hi All
First I'd like to thank Lucinda for inviting me to join the group. I'm definitely an avid reader and also a writer of historical fiction and YA fiction (sci-fi and contemporary). My tastes in reading are also pretty diverse. I just finished reading an excellent YA book that was like Catcher in the Rye. It's called The Spectacular Now The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharpby Tim Tharp. I'll be reviewing it next week. Now I'm reading Too Much Happiness by Alice Munroby the latest Nobel Prizewinner.

message 45: by Marjorie (new)

Marjorie DeLuca (Marjoried) | 3 comments Oh and by the way you can read more about me at http://marjoriedeluca.blogspot.ca and http://paigeforever.blogspot.ca//
I look forward to some great discussions here!

message 46: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 107 comments I have already introduced myself. I just want to say that 9 of my GR Friends have already responded to the invites since yesterday.
I just had to share that info.

message 47: by Rula (new)

Rula (rsweby) | 9 comments hi. my name is Rula Sweby and i am reading Susan Lewis's "No Turning Back." it's nice to meet all of you on Good Reads and i am looking forward to talking about books and stuff.

message 48: by Chahrazad (new)

Chahrazad | 2 comments Hi. I am Chahrazad, you'll find it in Wikipedia spelled "Scheherazade" so my name kinda says something about me :D
I don't tell stories, but I like to read them and have discussions about them; it takes the experience to a whole new level.

I am also a teacher, a thrilling profession that I love.

Thank you for the invitation Lucinda :)

message 49: by H99 (new)

H99 | 48 comments Hi, everyone! I don't have a favorite book. I think it's a bit unfair to ask that question─ would you ask anyone who their favorite person is, or who their favorite child is? If someone has ten dogs, do you ask them which they like best? I hope not.

Thanks for the invitation, Lucinda. :)

message 50: by Kylie (new)

Kylie  (KylieCarstairs) Hey, I'm Kylie! Thanks, Teresa, for the invite! :)

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Spectacular Now (other topics)
Too Much Happiness (other topics)