Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2) Beautiful Darkness discussion

Will there be a second movie?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 59) (59 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael I absolutely loved the first Beautiful Creatures movie,made me read the series.Although I haven't heard anything about a second movie,will there be one?

Brittany There should be a second one because of the way the ended it but of course, I too haven't heard anything about a second movie :(

Brittney As far as I heard there have been no plans made for a second movie, and honestly, with the disappointment of a majority of the fans, and the horrible box office earnings here in the US I don't think the production company will find it beneficial to make a sequel. If they do it'll be an extremely low budget version.

Kath there wouldnt be a second movie they've change the ending of beautiful creatures after all. and how could they connect it to the second movie (if theres one) since they reduced the main characters!

Emma Gabloka I highly doubt there will be a Beautiful Darkness, but maybe a Beautiful Chaos or Redemption. Because they crushed all hope for a Darkness with the ending of the first movie. Skipping over the timeline and Claiming Lena too early. I think they may make it a trilogy? Maybe? I hope!

Destiny Brittney wrote: "As far as I heard there have been no plans made for a second movie, and honestly, with the disappointment of a majority of the fans, and the horrible box office earnings here in the US I don't thin..."

I agree.

Erin they were stupid when they made the movie. they changed so much that i don't think it is even possible for them to make a second movie anymore. too much has been changed and left out.

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited May 18, 2013 12:28PM) (new)

Oh God, I hope not. It would be awful, just like the first one. LOVED THE BOOKS, I MEAN LOVED them still do <3 but the movie? How do I even start? The ending was completely changed, and I don't understand why. Why did they change it THAT much? They can't make a second movie because of that awful ending! AWFUL.

Taryn Oh please say they WON'T. I love the books, but they TRASHED the movie.
The ending? It didn't make any sense. It was completely changed from the book and in a way that was just ... stupid. They can NOT make a second movie based on that catastrophe

Elizabeth I hope not

The Book Devourer the movie grossed $19,453,138 (in the US) against $60,000,000 spent on the movie itself. That is $40,547,862 difference. Internationally, the movie made $40,600,000 against the $60,000,000 spent. That is a $19,400,000 difference. The chances of another movie being made is very slim. And the directors rarely focus on the critical reception of the movie...they don't care AT ALL. Look at Percy Jackson for example. It got a 47% "hate" because everyone was disappointed by how totally different it was from the book. But, the movie grossed $88,768,303, so now they are making the movie of The Sea of Monsters so that they can get enough money. They probably won't make Beautiful Darkness, because they know they won't get enough profit off of it, because people won't go to it because they hated the first one. Very confusing, I know, but that is just how the movie world works. I, myself, would LOVE for there to be a movie made of Beautiful Darkness...but when you look at it proportionally, there is slim to none chance of it coming to be. Hope this helps you guys!

message 12: by Rach (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rach I hope they don't make another movie. I seen the per views for the first movie and was in total shock at how awful it looked. Nobody looked anything like they were described in the book. I didn't see it either it just looked to me like it was thrown together without doing any work to somewhat have fan of the book give it a chance. The story was off just from the things I seen on TV for it. I don't even think I'll check it out when it comes to one of the channels like HBO or Showtime. That's where I normally watch movies that I didn't see at the theater. They could have done a better job all together and not even make the movie at all.

Camryn Unfortunately, I don't think that the first movie did well enough for a second movie to be made, but that is life when a book series is adapted for the screen. The book was great, but not all great books are good for movie franchises. I do really like movies! In the end though, I'm a fan of books, so I'll take what I can get of my favorite books and characters on screens! And I'm not about to complain, 'cause if I want the book, I could just go and READ the book!:)

Don't_Trot_and_Text I don't think they should even bother making a second movie. The first one was too terrible and it didn't end with a cliff-hanger so audineces will not feel the need to see what happens next in the series nor will they be interested to see what happens next. The only possible audience the second movie wil attract are the people who have actually read the books. But, of course, since the first movie was horrible, I strongly believe that people who have read the book and have seen the first movie will not be instrested in seeing the second.

Mathew D. Sometimes you have to seperate the movie from the book. I loved the book and I liked the movie but the movie was some other story to me. I was glad I saw the movie first or I may have hated it. With that said i cant say I liked the movie then retract that after reading the book. I am disappointed that the movie did not do better but to be honest I didnt like the second book all that much. I am hopeful for the third.

Brittney Mathew wrote: "Sometimes you have to seperate the movie from the book. I loved the book and I liked the movie but the movie was some other story to me. I was glad I saw the movie first or I may have hated it. Wit..."

The third and fourth books are miles better than the first two, just so you know. It DOES get better.

Aiana I liked both the movie and the book but the movie did not do well in the US and it wasnt even shown at dollar show so I doubt a second one will be made

Shelby There won't be a second movie because the first movie didn't make enough money and there was a lot of bad reviews.

Sandra "there wouldnt be a second movie they've change the ending of beautiful creatures after all. and how could they connect it to the second movie (if theres one) since they reduced the main characters!

Exactly!

Ronel Smit i first saw the movie, that made me want to read the books, im now on book 3 and i love it!PLEASE DON'T MAKE ANOTHER MOVIES!!!!!!!!! THE FIRST ONE ALREADY SUCKED!!!!

Jzurnee Myers Kathrina wrote: "there wouldnt be a second movie they've change the ending of beautiful creatures after all. and how could they connect it to the second movie (if theres one) since they reduced the main characters!"
thank you!!!! for saying that

Jzurnee Myers Ronel wrote: "i first saw the movie, that made me want to read the books, im now on book 3 and i love it!PLEASE DON'T MAKE ANOTHER MOVIES!!!!!!!!! THE FIRST ONE ALREADY SUCKED!!!!"

that's kida mean

Asiyah Karen wrote: "if you first read the book and than watch the movie, than the movie stinks. it was a big disappointment for me, more than a half of the thinks in the book weren't in the movie and all those things ..."

Yes. Thank you.

Alyssa Asiyah wrote: "Karen wrote: "if you first read the book and than watch the movie, than the movie stinks. it was a big disappointment for me, more than a half of the thinks in the book weren't in the movie and al..."

Oh god yes. The movie was terrible in comparison to the book. I guess that if you saw the movie first it wasn't that bad. But the other way around it was terrible. I don't think there will be a second one considering that they didn't really made much money on making Beautiful Creatures.

CasterGirl4812 No, the first movie didn't do well enough and the second would do worse.

message 26: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Eichner Actually in my opinion I liked the first movie, and the books. I know the movie did not go well into the book, but I do not care, I like movies. I kind of wish they do make a Beautiful Darkness movie.

Kylee I actually hope there isnt a second movie. the first one was awful. I looooooooved the books.. but the movie... NO It's sad since it's really a great story. I'm pretty sure they won't make a second.. They changed EVERYTHING about the book anyways and the reviews from the fans Were bad.

Maddie C. I HOPE TO GOD THEY DON'T MAKE A SECOND MOVIE. THE FIRST ONE WAS SO BAD THEY WON'T HAVE ANYONE GO SEE THE SECOND IF THEY MAKE ONE. I WOULD LITERALLY REFUSE TO WATCH THE TRAILER.

Kylee Maddie wrote: "I HOPE TO GOD THEY DON'T MAKE A SECOND MOVIE. THE FIRST ONE WAS SO BAD THEY WON'T HAVE ANYONE GO SEE THE SECOND IF THEY MAKE ONE. I WOULD LITERALLY REFUSE TO WATCH THE TRAILER."

HAHAHA So true, same thing for me LOL

message 30: by Anne (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anne i really want a second movie the first movie had flaws but since i don't expect movies to have good story telling aspects, i only cared about special effects and music. They did amazingly on those two aspects in #1.
however, because of number of sales i dont' think there will be another one :/

message 31: by Neha (new) - rated it 4 stars

Neha Well I think the first movie was enough for the books. Because everything was already mentioned (including Macon and Lila's love story). I think the duo writers wanted a single movie as a tribute for the books, and the movie Is good enough. I'm not against the second movie, but I think it isn't needed to make one.

message 32: by Shannon (new)

Shannon its been confirmed that the actors signed on to do 3 movies of the series before starting filming beautiful creatures so yes beautiful darkness and beautiful redemption are going to become movies

Chelsea Alyssa wrote: "Asiyah wrote: "Karen wrote: "if you first read the book and than watch the movie, than the movie stinks. it was a big disappointment for me, more than a half of the thinks in the book weren't in t..."

That's exactly my scenario. I watched the movie first and I actually enjoyed it (despite the terrible reviews, I thought it was an intriguing concept.) Now I'm reading the books and, I have to say, I like the movie more. This is one of those rare examples where I feel the movie was better done than the book. It was concise where it needed to be while still getting the point across, whereas the books drag on and on...and on. I'm going to complete reading the series because I do like the concept of them, but the execution falls flat for me. The second book was even worse than the first though; I was actually rooting for Lena to go evil because I was so sick of her emo moping.

Georgia To me the film did nothing for the book, I really wasn't pleased with the film and hope if there is a second film it will be a lot better.

David Wickham I liked the first movie but I can't see them making a 2nd.

message 36: by Kaiden (new)

Kaiden Sandra wrote: ""there wouldnt be a second movie they've change the ending of beautiful creatures after all. and how could they connect it to the second movie (if theres one) since they reduced the main characters..."

but in the book, Macon supposedly dies also. But it turns out he was in an Arclight (if you haven't read the second book, oops! this is a spoiler)

And at the end of the movie, if you look closely, Lena had not been chosen yet, she had one green eye and one gold eye. I believe that it would be possible to make the next one because enough events that occurred came from the book!

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

God, I hope so! It was even better than the Twilight movie!

message 38: by Mattman (new)

Mattman I hope they make it because I love the story ( just finished reading it like 2 days ago and now onto the next book) and i really liked the actors in the movie especially the guy who played Ethan. But due to the lack luster profits, which i read that they broke even not a loss but what ever,they probably won't make one insert sad face. Here is how I suggest they do it cause i need it off my chest. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!! lenas eyes constantly change color (one or both at a time) so not claimed which fixes that issue. Still say macon was in ark light like in book and they higher a hot girl to play Olivia and a really hot guy to play John. All you need is a hot guy. Worked for new moon (ripped Lautner), hunger games (Hemsworth and he was barely in it) and divergent which was alright at best but the girls wouldn't shut up about the guy. Lastly put link in the movie more he's my favorite character lol

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

they would hav to seriously alter the storyline tho :...(

ReAnne they need to make beautiful darkness a movie! i absolutely LOVED beautiful creatures!

Joanne Myers I agree with most of the comments here, it would be impossible for them to do a sequel based on the second book, due to the fact that they omitted Marion's character and claimed Lena a whole book too early. They could do a sequel based on the third or fourth book. Or even the Dangerous Creatures series, but I don't think it will happen.

Jzurnee Myers well they made the bed now they have to lay in it!

message 43: by Catarina (new) - added it

Catarina Passagem I read the first book and the second, I really liket the first movie and really hope they make a second movie, it will be great if was just like the book,the book is amazing, all the details were very good, and i really love it so I am very excited to see the second movie if they do it, I really hope so

Candace Nicole Werts Hello Everyone.
I read the books and loved them. When they came out with the movie, I was beyond excited...until I saw it. I was very disappointed in how they changed major things, situations and characters etc.
They do not need to make another movie, plus what would it be based on?

message 45: by Brandon (last edited Jul 29, 2014 12:56PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Brandon Doswell Michael wrote: "I absolutely loved the first Beautiful Creatures movie,made me read the series.Although I haven't heard anything about a second movie,will there be one?"
They completely ignored the existance of the Caster tunnels which is where most of beautiful Darkness takes place! So, No they probably aren't. If they do I will personally fly to the production headquarters and explain why they are making a terrible mistake.

ᏒIᎪlᎥstᎥc It's like I Am Number Four.

The movie didn't do well in the box office so they can't make another.

message 48: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Trevillian Emma wrote: "I highly doubt there will be a Beautiful Darkness, but maybe a Beautiful Chaos or Redemption. Because they crushed all hope for a Darkness with the ending of the first movie. Skipping over the time..."

lena wasnt claimed at the end of the movie, if you remember she had one gold eye and one green eye like the end of the book. the difference is without the song it is harder to figure out how it ended. plus she made the moon dissapear in the movie

Courtney I hope there is, but I don't think there will be because of the way they ended the first one. It doesn't tie into what happened in any of the books.

message 50: by Emma (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emma I don't think so. The ending spoiled the second book. But I think they should make another movie of the Order and Abraham and all that.

« previous 1

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Beautiful Darkness (other topics)