We're the Kids of America discussion

News > Do you think it was smart of the army to shoot the pirates that were holding the U.S.A. sailor hostage

Comments (showing 1-33 of 33) (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I think it was the right thing but now aren't they testing obama of what hes gona do next?

message 2: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥ sHE beLIEveD (I_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments i think they sorta had 2

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Yea I know

message 4: by Nile (new)

Nile I think they made the right dicision because they would probably have killed that captain and he is a USA citizen and the other guys were criminals. They had to.

message 5: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥ sHE beLIEveD (I_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments yeah xactly

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

My dad told me the same exact thing

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I can't believe there are still pirates out there... seems like such a fictional term.

message 8: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 2702 comments Mod
FSM believe that the lower number of pirate is the main cause of global warming.

message 9: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥ sHE beLIEveD (I_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments erin-LOL that's what i thought the first time i heard of it...

lauren-er...

message 10: by Conor (new)

Conor (i got me some bathing apes!) | 270 comments i know me too. in some ways its kinda cool that theyre still around

message 11: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥ sHE beLIEveD (I_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments lol yeah. but i always think they have the huge cannons and wooden ship and peg leg and eyepatch *rambles on and on*

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Kinda cool but kinda sucks xD

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Lauren, FSM Lol.

message 14: by Molly's Sister (new)

Molly's Sister Yeah, it's weird but occasionally you still hear about pirates

message 15: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥ sHE beLIEveD (I_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments fsm as in flying spaghetti monster (awesomest idea ever lol)

message 16: by Molly's Sister (new)

Molly's Sister lol

message 17: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

FSM though it was a horrible idea to kill those pirates, because we just caused a bit more global warming.

message 18: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥ sHE beLIEveD (I_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments o...k

message 19: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Pirates are the cause of global warming! xD
That's hilarious. See why I don't trust science on their views of global warming? It ends up with sad excuses like this :)

message 20: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

It's a satire site, Jayda. :P

message 21: by Jayda (new)

Jayda I realize that :)
But still - ridiculousness like this...
-shakes head- People make global warming to be more than it is.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

BUT it's still happening, even if it is overblown, in your opinion :]

message 23: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥ sHE beLIEveD (I_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments no

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

i think its okay that they shot the pirates, but if they had any other choice and chose not to take it I would be angry, becuae we should never resort to taking peoples lives unless it was an absolute must.

message 25: by Molly's Sister (new)

Molly's Sister Yeah

message 26: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) Absolutely.

message 27: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥ sHE beLIEveD (I_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments of course

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I think it was tight situation and the pirates were already desprate. The hostage was a dumb move and, pathelogically, they weren't going to make any smart ones.

So we shot them. It was a rather eloquently done shot too - all three shots through the head simultaneously in the dark.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

By the way, it was the Navy Seals, not the Army, that took the shots. There is a big difference.

message 30: by Kyle (last edited May 02, 2009 11:53AM) (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) The Navy Seals is another reason we would beat China, by the way.

((just saying)) Carry on with whatever topic this actually is

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

((Ah, okay. I normally only use this for role playing.))

message 32: by Jon (new)

Jon (dovahkiin) They had too. This went too far. I wish we could give some money to Somalia to help them out(cause the only reason there are pirates in Somalia is because they are poor) but we are in a Deppression #2 right now basiclly so.....

message 33: by Mukesh (new)

Mukesh | 396 comments They had too. Its simple. However, the idiots that think that sending MORE soldiers and ships is going to solve the problem are wrong. This is a war similar to Afghanistan and Iraq, the people are motivated because they don't have anything. So they turn to whatever they can. In the middle easts case, terrorism, in somalias case, piracy.

unread topics | mark unread