The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion


311 views
Peeta or Gale?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 94) (94 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Evee (new)

Evee Who do you think Katniss will end up with? Peeta or Gale? In my opinion, she will be with Peeta. The last page says it all.


Kandice Gale. Peeta may have loved her for a long time (from afar) but her relationship with Gale has grown through trouble, strife and shared hard times. She probably does have feelings for Peeta. She certainly must feel a debt of gratitude to him, but that's not the basis of life long love.


Kelsey Im pretty sure Peeta. Just like the other person said, the last page says alot. But i definatley want Gale. I mean i like Peeta but Gale and Katniss are just so much better together i think. By the way, is she writing more books since it did say end of book one?


Kandice There are supposed to be three in the series. I suspect book two will focus a lot on the Katniss, Peeta, Gale triangle. Of course, in addition to the turmoil caused by their small display of rebellion.


Kelsey Oh okay now i see, I looked around and saw the second book. Too bad I cannot wait like five months for this! It probably will, but i wonder whats going to happen with the Capitol if they see Katniss and Peeta not together, if that happens that is. I guess they cant really do anything..


Kandice I suspect that will play into it a lot. I think they'll end up helping each other because they have become friends, but Gale will be there too. The Capitol will probably not settle for less than thier couplehood.

Remember they get a house? I bet the Capitol gives Peeta and Katniss ONE house to share to encourage that "coupleness".


message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

PEETA FOR THE WIN!! !


Carla Peeta, for sure!
<3


Nurlely Mockingjay spoiler: Peeta.


message 10: by Charlotte (last edited Jun 10, 2011 10:25AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Charlotte I'm sorry but even after reading Mockingjay and knowing what may (or may not) happen, I think the Katniss should be with Gale - her whole realationship with Peeta is based on her pretending to like him, so why should she suddenly turn her back on her past and her family because the Capitol want her to? And why should they be together when by winning they have already infuriated the Capitol - it can't get much worse can it?

After all, if both Peeta and Gale liked her, then why did Gale look after her and help her, when Peeta "admired her from afar" and did nothing? It just doesn't compare correctly!

Gale all the way!


☞Proud☜ ☺✌Bookworm☮♪ I like Peeta better, cuz he (view spoiler) dear god, people. Peeta is wayy kinder, too.


message 12: by Nurlely (last edited Jun 14, 2011 01:23AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nurlely Gale should look after Katniss. Isn't that what a friend supposed to do? But the feeling between them did not improve far beyond that. Why would Katniss choose her past when her past should stay there and she felt nothing more for Gale. Nothing was there when they were kissing. She is a fighter and she should move forward. She should be with someone she kept thinking when he was not around. That was Peeta.

Peeta 'admired her from afar' for they were still young. But we do (will)not know whether he will keep doing that after they are older enough. He looked after Katniss during and after the hunger games and got tortured for that. What is that but love?

Peeta...from the beginning to the end...:)


Marina I dont really know who Katniss will choose but for me thats pretty easy. Gale.


Jessica The book was written on the very fact that Katniss belonged to Peeta!! And anyways (spoiler) Gale leaves her!!


☞Proud☜ ☺✌Bookworm☮♪ Jessica wrote: "The book was written on the very fact that Katniss belonged to Peeta!! And anyways (spoiler) Gale leaves her!!"

i know! i totally agree =)


Nurlely Katniss would have chosen Peeta whether Gale came back or not. She felt only relief when Gale was away. If Katniss loved Gale, she would have been miserable.


ALeXi$ hey, u should so check this video out!
the hunger games parody
This is so funny!


maddie PEETA!! i couldnt really imagine her with gale or anyone else. Peeta was with her through everything in the arena and umm, HELLOOO peeta loves her for crying out loud. YOU CANNT DENY LOVE!!!


Lindis Russell Throughout reading the series, I had hoped that Katniss ended up with Peeta. And I was thrilled that she did. I think that Katniss and Gale saw the world a little differently. If the Katniss had never been in the Hunger Games, I think she would have ended up with Gale. Maybe? : )


Sam ~*DUBSTEPPIN TO THE BEAT*~ does it matter...THEY ARRE BOTH FREAKIN AWSOME :D


maddie most likely and it would have been the wrong move..they would have realized they wernt meant for eachother


Nurlely Lindis wrote: "...If the Katniss had never been in the Hunger Games, I think she would have ended up with Gale. Maybe? : )"

And if she did not join the games, there will be no Hunger Games novel at all, right Lindis?


maddie Charlotte wrote: "I'm sorry but even after reading Mockingjay and knowing what may (or may not) happen, I think the Katniss should be with Gale - her whole realationship with Peeta is based on her pretending to like..."

peetas the shy hot type. alot of guys liked katniss peeta had said..it wouldnt have mattered to her, so when he finally got an oppertunity(the hunger games) he took it...even if it wasnt the best of times...but think about it? he said he loved her in front of all of panem, and thts worth way more then just asking her back in district 12...it showed her that he loved her enough to be onstage infront of EVERYBODY in panem and just be able to sat that...it takes more guts then just simply asking her out


Jessica maddie wrote: "Charlotte wrote: "I'm sorry but even after reading Mockingjay and knowing what may (or may not) happen, I think the Katniss should be with Gale - her whole realationship with Peeta is based on her ..."

true true!! :D


maddie NOOOOOOO!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrr


message 26: by Chloe (last edited Jun 30, 2011 03:20PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Chloe Katniss should end up with Gale. They knew each other better than anyone else, and they were willingly friends. Peeta was forced upon Katniss, and I don't think that they had as strong a connection as she and Gale did. Plus, Gale is a real man and knows how to take care of Katniss and raise a family. Peeta is a nice guy, but he doesn't know Katniss inside and out like Gale.


Lindis Russell Nurlely wrote: "Lindis wrote: "...If the Katniss had never been in the Hunger Games, I think she would have ended up with Gale. Maybe? : )"

And if she did not join the games, there will be no Hunger Games novel a..."


Yep! he he he : )


Nurlely Bela wrote: "Katniss should end up with Gale. They knew each other better than anyone else, and they were willingly friends. Peeta was forced upon Katniss, and I don't think that they had as strong a connection..."

Hahaha....you are so interesting.

How was Peeta forced upon Katniss?
And Peeta did understand Katniss well enough to know when to be with her without annoying her.
They have strong connection proven by Katniss feeling during their kissing, thing that she missed from kissing Gale.
Peeta is a real man and raise a family with Katniss. Did you read the last chapter?

It is okay if you want to side Gale, but you need to be better than this. At least support your argument with valid fact....:)


Yvonne I want her to pick Peeta!


maddie lol, did you read the last book yet yvonne? im not being mean, just curius


Nurlely Hahaha Maddie. Exactly!


Ai Haibara I want Katniss to be with Gale because I'm a Gale fan but honestly? I don't think she deserves either of them.


Yvonne no. have not read last book yet.


Lindis Russell Nurlely wrote: "Bela wrote: "Katniss should end up with Gale. They knew each other better than anyone else, and they were willingly friends. Peeta was forced upon Katniss, and I don't think that they had as strong..."

Well said Nurley! I think in the end, Peeta did know Katniss better than Gale. He grew and changed with Katniss. Gale only knew the "old" Katniss. I even think that Gale may have fallen "Out of love" with Katniss by the end. Or he wouldn't have left her, started a new life in district 2.

Besides, it takes an incredibly strong and deep love to survive brainwashing like Peeta suffered. He may have emerged from it a different man, but his love for her remained. That's Love!!!


maddie TOTAL AGREEMENT!!!!! woohooooooo


Janae Woww! I totally agree with Lindis! That because she's sooo right!


Sadie Betty wrote: "I want Katniss to be with Gale because I'm a Gale fan but honestly? I don't think she deserves either of them."

i don't think they deserve her!


maddie i only think peeta does. hes helped katniss and saved her life with the bread


Janae Then she uses him in the story and in the end he still loves her!


message 40: by Ali (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ali G well, Peeta is apparently her choice, but i think that Gale would be a much better person for Katniss to end up with. I mean cause they have been hunting partners for so long and they work so well together.


Janae I actually hoped that Katniss and Gale ended up together because I thought that they'd go together best. They seemed made for each other almost. Then the Games came in along with Peeta and that changed everything.


message 42: by Lucy (new) - added it

Lucy Lane PEETA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Juliet At first I didn't really care about who she ended up with, because the romance aspect of the book was not really my favorite part of the book, I was more into the action. Even after reading the Mockingjay, I didn't mind who she ended up with but it could have gone either way. But now, thinking back and reading all these comments, I think that in the end, I would have been really annoyed if she ended up with (SPOILER) Gale instead of Peeta.


Lindis Russell I think that I was alot like you, Juliet, when I was reading the books. The romance was way in the back of my mind. I was more interested in the action and the war. I was more worried about who Katniss should trust rather than who she was going to end up with. I knew that they'd get to it in the end. : )


Natalie Juliet wrote: "At first I didn't really care about who she ended up with, because the romance aspect of the book was not really my favorite part of the book, I was more into the action. Even after reading the Moc..."Totally agree. This book is about so much more than just romance, and it's hard to find people that don't see it as more than just a love triangle.


Taylor Simons I'm pretty sure Katniss is going to be with Peeta. She has spent more time with Peeta because of the games. Since the games she has been seeing less of Gale which will break a relationship.


Diana Sanchez peeta All the Way!!!!


message 48: by Sam ~*DUBSTEPPIN TO THE BEAT*~ (last edited Jul 02, 2011 11:42AM) (new) - added it

Sam ~*DUBSTEPPIN TO THE BEAT*~ Taylor wrote: "I'm pretty sure Katniss is going to be with Peeta. She has spent more time with Peeta because of the games. Since the games she has been seeing less of Gale which will break a relationship."

did u read the whole sries?


message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

I like both


message 50: by Max (new) - rated it 5 stars

Max Mallory I just like Gale better as a character. He's much more well-rounded and just seemed "realer" than Peeta to me.


« previous 1
back to top

all discussions on this book | post a new topic


Books mentioned in this topic

The Hunger Games (other topics)