Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Archives > thanks, cheryl

Comments (showing 1-26 of 26) (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 2714 comments hi everyone!
thanks for setting this up, cheryl- i like good reads so hope it's easy to navigate!

message 2: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 1090 comments Good Reads is very easy to navigate and has some wonderful features. I've been sold on it from the moment I joined.

There are quite a number of Good Reads authors. Right now news from Laurie King is on my home page because she's a Good Reads author that I'm following. Historical thriller author David Liss is also a Good Reads author. I haven't had time who else in the M/T field is on Good Reads. You can go to their pages and find out what they're reading as well as getting news from them.

Shomeret
JF: Wild Sorrow by Sandi Ault

message 3: by Maria (new)

Maria | 30 comments Cheryl, thank you so much for getting this done! I have been a member on goodreads but have been very lazy about updating, etc. This will make me visit more!

Maria

message 4: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 2714 comments is there a way to get from one thread to the next without having to go back to the main page?

message 5: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 1090 comments Shomeret wrote: "Good Reads is very easy to navigate and has some wonderful features. I've been sold on it from the moment I joined.

There are quite a number of Good Reads authors. Right now news from Laurie K..."

Replying to myself. In the past few minutes I found Tess Gerritsen, Neil Gaiman and Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni and added them to my favorite authors.

Shomeret

message 6: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 2714 comments chris bohjalian is on good reads too.
i also love the book give aways. i "won" an elizabeth berg book, unfortunately, i'd read it already . oh well.

message 7: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 547 comments There should be a place on the right that says "unread topics". That will take you back to the threads you have not read.

message 8: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 547 comments There are a lot of authors here. I am friends with JA Konrath, Chris Grabenstein, Tim Maleeny and MJ Rose among others. Like most boards, etc. some are more active than others.

message 9: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 2714 comments Cheryl wrote: "There should be a place on the right that says "unread topics". That will take you back to the threads you have not read.

"

got it- thanks ,cheryl!
and i am guessing that by "flagging" a post you mark it unread?

message 10: by annodluvsbks (new)

annodluvsbks | 101 comments Thanks for doing this, Cheryl. I don't feel so lost now.

Donna

message 11: by OMalleycat (new)

OMalleycat (JanOMalleycat) | 338 comments Sherry wrote: "hi everyone!
thanks for setting this up, cheryl- i like good reads so hope it's easy to navigate!"

I'm chiming in with thanks, Cheryl. But why do I suspect that you just wanted a chance to display your "hug" picture?

Do I have to type a signature or do they add one? Experimenting. . .

message 12: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 547 comments Jan wrote: "I'm chiming in with thanks, Cheryl. But why do I suspect that you just wanted a ..."

That, too!!

message 13: by Ann (new)

Ann (AnnRumsey) | 9722 comments Thanks Cheryl!
I look forward to having a spot for us again that doesn't take as long to load as yahoo groups!
...feeling a little better already
Ann in Nashville

message 14: by Carol/Bonadie (last edited Apr 02, 2009 08:53PM) (new)

Carol/Bonadie (Bonadie) | 5945 comments thanks from me too, Cheryl. I was hoping someone would set up shop here, but had no time to do it myself. I've been on Goodreads for a couple of months because the Book Nook board moved over here then. I'm still getting familiar and trying to find ways to mimic the best of the AOL system. We'll see, at least we have a new home. I hope people find their way over.

message 15: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (MelodieCO) | 2902 comments Cheryl to the rescue again!! And who is that good lookin' guy in the picture with you???? (being facetious...like usual!)

Melodie

message 16: by kate/Edukate12 (new)

kate/Edukate12 | 34 comments Cheryl, thanks for setting this up!

message 17: by Cecelia/Ceil (new)

Cecelia/Ceil (Ceil0614) | 41 comments Thanks, Cheryl. This looks like a great replacement for our former meeting place! I'm looking forward to exploring all the new features it offers. Good to see so many familiar friends here!

message 18: by Merrilee in AZ (new)

Merrilee in AZ | 910 comments Thanks Cheryl. I'm not familiar with GoodReads but I'm sure we will all figure it out lol

message 19: by Sally/Aymster54 (new)

Sally/Aymster54 | 49 comments Can anyone explain to me how you find authors to follow?
Thanks!
Sally

message 20: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 2714 comments Sally wrote: "Can anyone explain to me how you find authors to follow?
Thanks!
Sally"

sally-
go to the top of the page and under "explore" click on authors. from there, i even found a tab that looked just for authors from my list of books! pretty cool

message 21: by Sally/Aymster54 (new)

Sally/Aymster54 | 49 comments Off to try it, Sherry. Thanks.

message 22: by Lori (new)

Lori Van Buskirk | 73 comments Thanks for the invite and setting this all up!!! I'm going to be busy catching up when I get back to work Sunday night! Looks like there's lots to explore and play with! That should make the night fly! Thanks!!!

message 23: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (SusieinKS) | 1252 comments Okay...I think I'm beginning to like this place. Having the different folders is great too! Any idea how many of our AOL members are here now? Just curious....

message 24: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 2714 comments Susie in KS wrote: "Okay...I think I'm beginning to like this place. Having the different folders is great too! Any idea how many of our AOL members are here now? Just curious...."

click on the members link on the upper right corner.. it will show you everyone who's here. i think most of us made it!

message 25: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 547 comments Susie in KS wrote: "Okay...I think I'm beginning to like this place. Having the different folders is great too! Any idea how many of our AOL members are here now? Just curious...."

We have 41 members here right now. I have not been able to identify them all, but I think there are 2 that were not on AOL with us.

message 26: by Barry (new)

Barry (BarryPz) | 2374 comments This may open us to a new audience. AOL was inherently limiting.
Barry

unread topics | mark unread